PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone purchased the extended warranty for their euro

CL69
05-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Just got the letter in the mail yesterday offering a discount on the extended warrantly - $695. Unfortunately when we purchased our euro in August last year, the current offer of 5 years was not available. Has anyone used the roadside assist? Are they easy to get in contact with? What are the response times compared with say RACQ/RACV?? Thanks!! :angel:

rhettzor
05-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I was given the 5year warranty as part of the Sport deal in July 06. I wonder why it wasn't on offer for you a month later? Anywho, it wasn't a selling point for me as I thought it was not worth it (considering the number of KMs i travel, your mileage may vary). I haven't had to use the road side assist (luckily!) so I don't know what the service is like. I'd assume it would be reasonable?

You could perhaps talk to your local dealer and find out what the service levels are supposed to be like too :)

Euro1011
05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah it would be good to know if it's worth it to purchase the extended warranty because my original warranty is expiring soon. The Honda dealer was asking for $895. I think this is expensive.

aaronng
05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Just got the letter in the mail yesterday offering a discount on the extended warrantly - $695. Unfortunately when we purchased our euro in August last year, the current offer of 5 years was not available. Has anyone used the roadside assist? Are they easy to get in contact with? What are the response times compared with say RACQ/RACV?? Thanks!! :angel:

The roadside assist centre answers your call and then sends your info over to RACQ/RACV and they will come out to you. That's how it works. So it is just as good as RACQ/RACV, except for the time taken for you to call Honda roadside assist to give your details first.

Min988
07-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I brought my car second hand about 2 months ago and brought it for service today, I was told by the owner that it had extended warranty which was a main selling point for me thinking I had 2 years of peace of mind. However when getting my car back today I was told it didn't... I now have 22 days to decide if im going to pay the 895 for the two years... Is it worth it?

Min988
07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
btw my car has done 28,000k so far is anything due to fail anytime soon (2004 model)

johnprocter
07-09-2007, 06:52 PM
yeah i have to say it is.. my euro is in its 4th year now and started to get a few problems that would of cost me quite a bit

Min988
07-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Cheers. You dont work for honda do you? :) They made me feel like the car is designed to fail :S

Merlin086
07-09-2007, 08:05 PM
The roadside assist is a total load of crap and is virtually worthless.

I had need to call them after my car autolocked itself after I had opened the door and put the keys in the ignition, and then closed the door. (300k's from home)

This was clearly a fault in my opinion, but a call to roadside assist was a waste of time as I was told it wasn't a warranty issue so they couldn't help.

After a call to NRMA, joining fee,in total 3 hr wait, at least $300 damage to my car, I am fkn pissed off at "Honda Roadside Assist"........
................................it ain't worth crap!!.......:thumbdwn:

aaronng
07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
They don't help you only with warranty issues. It's roadside assist, not warranty. If you left your lights on and drained your battery flat, they will come out to help you start your car.

melloy_honda
08-09-2007, 12:07 AM
I have an extended warranty with mine. I got it thought the dealer when i purchased my 2003 in dec last year. It gives me an extra 5 years. So i'm covered untill 2011!

Merlin086
08-09-2007, 08:38 AM
They don't help you only with warranty issues. It's roadside assist, not warranty. If you left your lights on and drained your battery flat, they will come out to help you start your car.

I am only speaking from personal experience.
From what I have just researched, yes it is supposed to cover items as per NRMA/RACV/RACQ.

I will definately lodge a complaint with Honda Australia
to help ensure they don't leave other owners stuck hours from home on the side of the road and refuse service because the car decides to lock itself after the door has been opened, keys put in ignition with the accessories turned on and the radio going.
Honda roadside assist......:thumbdwn:

aaronng
08-09-2007, 10:28 AM
From what I have just researched, yes it is supposed to cover items as per NRMA/RACV/RACQ.

to help ensure they don't leave other owners stuck hours from home on the side of the road and refuse service because the car decides to lock itself after the door has been opened, keys put in ignition with the accessories turned on and the radio going.

Yeah, that was very dodgy of them. Also, all Honda roadside assist does is to call up the same NRMA/RACV/RACQ to forward your call for help. Even if the owner messed up big time, they are still meant to come and help you or at least tow you home.

Ozluder
10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
I’d recommend the extended warranty. I purchased it for $850 and have already made my money back from warranty repairs. The following has been repaired / replaced for free under extended warranty,

- Centre armrest console replaced
- RHS headlight replaced due to condensation in the unit.
- Rattle in the drivers side window eliminated

johnprocter
10-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Cheers. You dont work for honda do you? :) They made me feel like the car is designed to fail :S

LOL no but it does seem like they timed the car to fail after the standard 3 years warranty failed :P

panda[cRx]
10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
The roadside assist is a total load of crap and is virtually worthless.

I had need to call them after my car autolocked itself after I had opened the door and put the keys in the ignition, and then closed the door. (300k's from home)

This was clearly a fault in my opinion, but a call to roadside assist was a waste of time as I was told it wasn't a warranty issue so they couldn't help.

After a call to NRMA, joining fee,in total 3 hr wait, at least $300 damage to my car, I am fkn pissed off at "Honda Roadside Assist"........
................................it ain't worth crap!!.......:thumbdwn:

where did the $300 damage come from? :confused:

and secondly the autolock feature doesnt work with the key in the ignition

Merlin086
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Dent in the roof from the NRMA trying to access through the tilted sunroof and destroyed my b-pillar trim requiring a new set.

...and secondly the autolock feature IS NOT SUPPOSED WORK with the key in the ignition....apparently the car decides this feature at random!

aaronng
10-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Dent in the roof from the NRMA trying to access through the tilted sunroof and destroyed my b-pillar trim requiring a new set.

...and secondly the autolock feature IS NOT SUPPOSED WORK with the key in the ignition....apparently the car decides this feature at random!

I would have hopped in a cab and gone home to get the spare key instead. :)

car_nut
10-09-2007, 10:25 PM

the honda shouldn't lock itself if it knows a door has been opened since you unlocked it with your keyfob.

mastcell
12-09-2007, 06:04 AM

Strange indeed....
...A good reminder to always take the key out of the car and/or to always account for the key when not needed to operate the car. lol

tony1234
12-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Merlin086s car shouldn't have auto locked with the key still in it but i always put my key in my pocket and don't leave it in the ignition if all doors are closed.

aaronng
12-09-2007, 11:45 AM
It shouldn't have autolocked. If you still have warranty, you might have some luck getting honda to cover repairs if you are lucky.

BusterSonic12
12-09-2007, 12:27 PM
i got extended warranty free when i got the car last year in April.
used the roadside assist 2x already, both time, called when i was at home, they came within 20-30min to fix my euro, 1st time, blown my interior light fuse when replacing the roof map light n and once broken some clips which holds onto the front under tray due to too low over speedbumps, ended up hanging half on.

aaronng
12-09-2007, 01:03 PM
^^ yeah, so the roadside assist is meant to help you with problems caused by the owner too. :)

BusterSonic12
12-09-2007, 01:49 PM
^^ yeah, so the roadside assist is meant to help you with problems caused by the owner too. :)

hahaha ya!! they quite helpful

tron07
13-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I always put my keys, wallet and phones in the car when I wash it, so far havent been locked out before.....

If it can auto lock, it would be great, as I always tend to forgot if I had lock the car and need to go double check it.

petsfact
04-10-2007, 08:30 PM
I think it's worth it, considering the parts i claimed under warranty and the build quality of euro, anything could happen.

rotors, pads, window motor, clutch master cylinder, power steering unit all add up it's well worth that 895 you pay now.