PDA

View Full Version : More power for 2007 Honda CRV

marathon42
05-07-2007, 05:01 PM
I have just bought one of these and need more low down oomph.
I assume chip modification, exhaust and air-filter mods are cheapest and most effective solutions.
I do appreciate that I will lose my warranty.
Any suggestions on what to do and / or where to take it in Sydney?

yourfather
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
...... its a CRV, if you bought it for performance, you really need to reconsider why you bought it at all.

BiLL|z0r
05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Why did you buy it if you want more power, did you not test drive it?

Exhaust on a CRV would look stupid IMHO.

Alpine
05-07-2007, 07:52 PM
May I suggest you ask your question again on www.hondasuv.com - there are many owners there who have modded their CR-V's for more power.

marathon42
06-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Why did you buy it if you want more power, did you not test drive it?

Exhaust on a CRV would look stupid IMHO.

Thanks for the tips.

I am not looking for a drainpipe type exhaust that sticks out 2 feet behind and just about drags on the ground. There are plenty of free-flow exhausts around that look nearly identical to the original for most cars. Not all of these actually produce more power though so I am looking for a reputable dealer.

Yes I did test drive, and sure - for another $20K, $30K or $100k I can get a bigger motor, but as per 99% of people, I am working to a budget. So paying another $3K to $4K to get a bit more torque after the purcahse is not an unreasonable option.
I bought it as the best compromise for power, safety, space, purchase price, maintenance cost, etc.

That question can be asked of everbody that modifies their cars - why don't they just buy a more powerful car in the first place? We would all be driving Porches, Ferraris, etc in that case.