PDA

View Full Version : negative camber do this?

ON XTC
05-07-2007, 07:49 PM
recently, when i look at the front of my car, i realise that the front passenger side of my front bar is dangling lower than the driver side of the front bar. i got coilovers installed a couple of weeks ago and i made sure that the fronts were the same height.

can negative cambering of my front left wheel do this to my car? i havent got a wheel alignment yet. any solutions?

#stk_drknss
05-07-2007, 07:51 PM
did u install ur own suspension when installing the suspension u alter the alignment hence it will put it out of place it could be way out

what do u mean by front bar..?

ON XTC
05-07-2007, 08:01 PM
sorry, what i mean is the front left hand side of my car looks a lil lower to the ground than the right hand side. does that make sense? ive got an ITR lip on my car but i dont think thats the problem.

and i didnt install it myself. got the help of a garage to help me with this.

CTR Coupe
05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
sorry, what i mean is the front left hand side of my car looks a lil lower to the ground than the right hand side. does that make sense? ive got an ITR lip on my car but i dont think thats the problem.

and i didnt install it myself. got the help of a garage to help me with this.

first off you should measure the eyebrow hight on each wheel. (center of wheel to top of guard)

if they are out substationally i would put the car up on jack stands and adjust the coil overs. measure from the bottom of the shock (the top of the fork) to the spring setting rings. and if they aren't equal adjust them so they are.

could all be an optical illusion or front lip not lined up properly.

if your camber is out. then your ride hight is out. as one affects the other. if the drop is the same on both sides then the camber will be the same on both sides. theres not adjustment for the camber without camber kits.

ON XTC
05-07-2007, 08:42 PM
im pretty sure everything is adjusted equally. well, when i first lowered my car, i think it was on its lowest setting and i couldnt tell the difference if it was tilting to one side or not because it was just too low to even tell.

then i got it raised a bit to a nice proper height but then this tilt thing is what i discovered. i think ill check it tomorrow i think. but thanks for ur reply.

aaronng
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Measure the height from the ground to the jack points behind each wheel. That is more accurate than measuing to the guards since they can be misaligned from previous repairs.