PDA

View Full Version : Sound Deadeners info

lil4civ
06-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi,
I'm located in Sydney and would like to know where i can get some sound deadener's?
Could you list the size, price, brand and place for me, around the Sydney area.
Looking to get the whole car done so something fairly cheap. Not really interested in the spray on or paint on stuff from Supercheap, as I've tried it and it didn't help much.
Also was going to buy foam to help with the padding but not sure where to buy it besides Bunnings warehouse.. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

kid_dynamite
06-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Jaycar sells some deadener - look up the White Pages for your nearest store.

I'd prefer Dynamat Extreme however. Costs a bit more but is very easy to apply and has excellent properties. You can get that from a Car Audio shop for some. Not sure where you are but try:
FHRX (Caringbah)
Doran Pro Audio (Bankstown)
Platinum Car Audio And Interiors (Rydalmere)

Just google the bolded names for more info.

solitz
06-07-2007, 03:01 PM
dynamat extreme is the way to go...get a bulk pack and u can have ur car all deadend...could also try stinger roadkill as they are around the same price...makes the world of difference.'

the spray on stuff is nasty and tacky....not much insulation

DANMAN
06-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Dynamat is more expensive but you will only need half as much as the cheaper brands. We have tested over 20 different brands and types and the Dynamat is definately one of the best on the market. You can get a door kit for around $40. Also get some Focal plain chant. The dynamat stops resonations but won't stop standing waves. Plain chant will stop standing waves but doesn't do much for resonations. If you use both you will be asounded how much better your speakers will sound. I have heard $200 speakers sound better than $500 ones because the $200 ones had sound deadener behind them.

lil4civ
09-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Cool thanks for all your help. Would you need to put foam in the big gaps behind the plastic panels? or will the Dynamat be enough to give it that solid sound?