PDA

View Full Version : Recieving an infraction for spamming.

Bludger
06-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I would like to make an objection to an Infraction i recieved for spamming.

When making posts in sections like site discussion, i take particular care not to post up BS, and i do believe the infraction i recieved was a bit harsh.

T&C says : (a) is unconnected to the topic of the thread;

My post, which is now deleted, does have a connection/reference to the post made by the thread starter. I was congratulating him on his wonderful idea. See below:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68178

nice dsp26

top idea,

gone soft on hot chicks lately??LOL

and poor qball

sorry for giving you grief with the spam too

LOL

Even though i did post a few extra comments ( Which i'm sure everyone does when replying to threads) , I think its a bit Nazi in the way which this infraction was handed. I am also sure that every MOD on this forum has NOTES on me about my spamming. Fair enough but just 2 minutes of browsing the forums revealed to me other post which should have been handed an Infraction as well, if you use the same principle you used with me.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1215394&postcount=6

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1219821&postcount=23

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1221272&postcount=35

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1091637&postcount=15

I'm just here to have a laugh, fill up spare time during the day, never have intended to hurt or offend anyone. If i have technical information that i think is helpful, i will post it.

The point of this post is that :

1: I think the infraction was a bit Nazi.
2: Be fair to everyone, not just target cos you have some notes.

Thank you

dc2dc2dc2
06-07-2007, 01:23 PM
honestly if we could hand out infractions for any little bit of spam
i would also be banned by now as well

Bludger
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
^^ thats my point

Nikki
06-07-2007, 02:00 PM
yeah mod's go just as off topic as us. (just not as often i guess)

Bludger
06-07-2007, 02:11 PM
2 post above this one should get infractions too, ( no offence guys :p)
if mods were being fair

dc2dc2dc2
06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
i understand what u trying to say bludger
it will be discussed dont worry
either we really need to crack down on spam or be more easy going

Q_ball
06-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Wait for Wynode to reply seeing as he is the one that deleted your post.

bennjamin
06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
IMo that was fully justified. That topic is useful and you added nothing to it.You posted something entirely trivial to the topic and it did not help in any way or form.
We are trying to keep "spam" out of the site discussion full stop. You happened to be the example in that thread.

Remember , while moderators try to keep in touch with each other about current events , each infraction we deal out is at our own discretion.

Bludger
06-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Why be inconsistent?

EDIT: its encouraging the idea

bennjamin
06-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Mods cant be everywhere , and we do what we can do.
But you ruined a helpful topic and you where an example to everyone else.

Its best / most efficient to report a bad post or even pm a moderator / THE moderator that infracted you if you have an issue.

ProECU
06-07-2007, 08:41 PM
IMo that was fully justified. That topic is useful and you added nothing to it.You posted something entirely trivial to the topic and it did not help in any way or form.

pot calling the kettle black - mate you do this ALL THE TIME

goforthandmultiplys2
06-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Has anyone made the connection that I have involving bludger and dc2dc etc.. they pop up in the same threads , same dates...times...and I propose they are one and the same....multiples..its a pity admin couldnt lift the proxy cloak

wynode
06-07-2007, 11:05 PM
..<SNIP>

You replied to the thread in question more than 3 weeks after the last reply to it. Furthermore none of what you said in your reply had anything constructive or helpful so I don't see why you're crying out 'unfair'.

Furthermore....it's an infraction.....you're still here on the site browsing/posting and you yourself have said that you have a problem with spamming and one would think you'd be a bit more careful.

pot calling the kettle black - mate you do this ALL THE TIME

You're still here???

Bludger
06-07-2007, 11:12 PM
You replied to the thread in question more than 3 weeks after the last reply to it.What does time frame have to do with it? Furthermore none of what you said in your reply had anything constructive or helpful In your oppinion so I don't see why you're crying out 'unfair'.I don't really care, just want decisions to be consistent

Furthermore....it's an infraction.....you're still here on the site browsing/posting and you yourself have said that you have a problem with spamming and one would think you'd be a bit more careful.

You're still here???

I'm still not satisfied with the inconsistencies

Quote:you yourself have said that you have a problem with spamming and one would think you'd be a bit more careful.

sounds like a threat

wynode
06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm still not satisfied with the inconsistencies

We can't be everywhere......if you find a post that is dubious.....then report it.

sounds like a threat

It's not a threat. What I'm saying is that generally when someone gets an infraction (or fine in real life) for doing something wrong they're a bit more conscious of it so they don't repeat it.

Bludger
06-07-2007, 11:20 PM
We can't be everywhere......if you find a post that is dubious.....then report it.

It's not a threat. What I'm saying is that generally when someone gets an infraction (or fine in real life) for doing something wrong they're a bit more conscious of it so they don't repeat it.

from now on, you'll recieve at least 10 dubious reports from me:) per day

wynode
06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
from now on, you'll recieve at least 10 dubious reports from me:) per day
Don't abuse the system. It's there to help you guys. If you start reporting posts for the sake of it don't be surprised if moderators don't respond quickly enough because you're calling wolf.

Bludger
06-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Don't abuse the system. It's there to help you guys. If you start reporting posts for the sake of it don't be surprised if moderators don't respond quickly enough because you're calling wolf.

ohh, don't worry, about 95&#37; oh OH members are spammers

we together will sift them all out Wyn:)

like i said in my 1st post

"I'm just here to have a laugh, fill up spare time during the day, never have intended to hurt or offend anyone. If i have technical information that i think is helpful, i will post it"

Bludger
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I will try to help out with consistency problems

chunky
07-07-2007, 12:06 AM
i support u 100% mate
lol
is there not any room left in this world for the spammers

Q_ball
07-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Chunky, dont step in dog shit when you can clearly walk around it.

Bludger
13-07-2007, 10:04 PM
its not a question of if, but when.

when i get banned from here for spamming

will my OZH email still work?

bennjamin
14-07-2007, 01:29 AM
you have 6 more points against you for a ban - look a few threads above this one silly and you will see the INFRACTIONS (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59373) thread will all the info in the world.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1037734&postcount=1
You will be banned for 1 calender week and you will still be able to access your OH email.

Dont spam and no muff shots dude for abit eh ? :)

chunky
14-07-2007, 09:47 PM
u banned him?!!

bennjamin
15-07-2007, 06:07 PM
no. If anyone gets 20 points they get a 7 day ban.

chunky
15-07-2007, 06:25 PM
does it still count if the points are expired?

bennjamin
15-07-2007, 06:30 PM
no. Once the points are expired they dont count :)
Its a total of points you currently have against your name - some infractions coutn for 1 week , some 6 months etc.

chunky
15-07-2007, 06:33 PM
ah ic
thnks for clearing that up broda