PDA

View Full Version : Air intake on H22a.

Luke Accord
06-07-2007, 01:37 PM
At the moment i'm thinking of changing my air intake setup, just trying to decide between a CAI. A chrome pipe plumbed down into the front bar with a pod filter or running a SRI next to the battery and building a box around the pod to keep it cool. I know there is probably arguments for both but what would you lean towards?
Also is there any legality issues?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers. :D

fatboyz39
06-07-2007, 05:04 PM
leave it stock and you won't have any problems.

Luke Accord
07-07-2007, 01:25 PM
leave it stock and you won't have any problems.

I've aleady changed it from stock and i'm looking to improve it further.

Blulude98
07-07-2007, 05:14 PM
No real gain, if Honda thought it would make more power they would have done it.

94vtirozguy
08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
No real gain, if Honda thought it would make more power they would have done it.

not necessarily true, they make the car to meet a certain set of regulations
enforced on all car manufacturers at that time and also limited by the technology at the time.

They also make cars that meet the required target audience.

We could rattle off many modifcations that improve performance or handling of a car, doesn't mean the manufacturer wanted to put all of them on the car.

Luke Accord
08-07-2007, 01:05 PM
not necessarily true, they make the car to meet a certain set of regulations
enforced on all car manufacturers at that time and also limited by the technology at the time.

They also make cars that meet the required target audience.

We could rattle off many modifcations that improve performance or handling of a car, doesn't mean the manufacturer wanted to put all of them on the car.

Cool mate what type of intake piping do you think would be best?

ZeForce
08-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Cool mate what type of intake piping do you think would be best?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ-94-95-96-97-Honda-Accord-LX-EX-Air-Intake-Filter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ004QQi temZ140135982359QQtcZphoto

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Luke Accord
08-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the link.

94vtirozguy
08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
ideally you would would to match the inlet size of your TB to what piping size you choose.

For the h22 typically that is about 2.75" or (approx 69mm in metric).

you can get the custom piping done anywhere and get it coated, or you can but AEM out of the box, it is up to you.

cold air intake as opposed to SR would be best.

Luke Accord
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
ideally you would would to match the inlet size of your TB to what piping size you choose.

you can get the custom piping done anywhere and get it coated, or you can but AEM out of the box, it is up to you.

Thanks mate.

ZeForce
08-07-2007, 05:03 PM

"Ideally" the intake piping should have a cross-sectional area 25% larger than the throttle body

accordvtak
30-07-2007, 05:48 PM
make a big airbox, relocate the battery to the back if u need to... to aid airflow make bell mouth inlets on entering and leaving the air box this aids in air flow as air is sucked in like a "twister like" effect into the combustion chamber so having done this b4 the TB it creates a better combustion... make sure nothing restricts intake... if u have money to spend try ITB *thumbs up* they are mint as and a wicked increase in higher rpm but u lose mid range torque... so i guess it comes down to wat u are after i gave a few options go out and experiment!

EKVTIR-T
30-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Use the stock one with removed resonators and a K&N if you must.