PDA

View Full Version : Moisture In My Rear Left Light.

Red_EG4
06-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey guys.
I was looking at my left taillight and noticed a spot of moisture in there.
Has this happened to anyone else?
What do you think the problem is and how can I fix it?
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8995/rimg0027qm6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Q_ball
07-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Theres a hole/leak somewhere in that tail light where its allowing water to condensate in it.
Take it out, dry it, and reseal it and you shouldnt have any further issues.

dupac->
07-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Theres a hole/leak somewhere in that tail light where its allowing water to condensate in it.
Take it out, dry it, and reseal it and you shouldnt have any further issues.

after you do that, check the bulb holders things too.. it would have corrosion stuff on it..

mine had a leak and the corrosion/white stuff was all over it.. clean that out aswell..

Red_EG4
08-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks a lot guys! great help :thumbs up:

jdm_kid
08-07-2007, 12:03 PM
to open up the headlight, you will have to heat it up the old sealant, to do that, put it in the oven for awhile, and then it will be easy to open up, and then as Q_ball said dry it, and then do what dupac-> said check for corrosion and shit lol then reseal it

Red_EG4
08-07-2007, 05:09 PM
any suggested sealant?

bennjamin
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
a easier thing , is to remove the light housing from the car , and drill a few small holes around the base or top ( into the black plastic). This will allow some flow of air / moisture and water and it will remove it faster than leaving it in there.

Red_EG4
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
ok, im a little bit inclined to actually drill into my lights, thanks for the suggestion though. I'll pull it out someday and sort it out.

dvsx
29-07-2009, 11:36 PM
a easier thing , is to remove the light housing from the car , and drill a few small holes around the base or top ( into the black plastic). This will allow some flow of air / moisture and water and it will remove it faster than leaving it in there.

dont want to start a new thread. but will drilling holes prevent it from coming back? or does it come back and then remove itself again?

bennjamin
29-07-2009, 11:45 PM
dont want to start a new thread. but will drilling holes prevent it from coming back? or does it come back and then remove itself again?

it does both.
ive done it to my indicators - never had moisture since.

novastorm
02-08-2009, 02:48 AM
I've had my front headlights in constant moisture. One day i was just fed up and drilled a couple of small holes at the back of the lights. You can't see them from the front.

Emptied out about half a coke can's worth of water build up...you could keep a fighting fish in my headlight, it was that bad.

After a week or so, I could start to see the moisture clearing up. On rainy days it comes back ever so slightly. It's been a few months now and I never have any problems. It certainly beats putting the light in the oven, prying it apart, drying it and resealing.

Hope that helps. =)