PDA

View Full Version : Honda n00b.

BillyE
07-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for some n00b questions, my girl has an Integra DC2 VTI-R and i've got a few issues and also looking to modify, so if you could help that would be great.

The electric doors are f*cking up, dont open and close on command, alarm still activates/de-activates. Do you guys know a fix or recommend someone in SA to fix this for me?

There is a huge dent in the door because a pole hit it, :P how much generally are Integra doors? shell only ofcourse.

Now in terms of modification, im looking for some headers, hi flow cat and exhaust system but unsure if i want to go a cannon, where would i find these kind of products and what do you guys recommend.

I also want to play with the air intake, should i put a pod filter in the standard spot its in now, or run some kind of intake pipe to relocate it for cold air induction?

and finally, with the above mentioned mods, would a S-AFC be worth considering, is it going to make a notable difference with these mods?

Thanks heaps for your help and time in advance,

Billy E.

m3ntAL_l2
07-07-2007, 06:45 PM
The electric doors are f*cking up, dont open and close on command, alarm still activates/de-activates. Do you guys know a fix or recommend someone in SA to fix this for me?

go to auto barn and buy thorse central locking door things ~$50 for a set of 4

There is a huge dent in the door because a pole hit it, :P how much generally are Integra doors? shell only ofcourse.

yes i can see how a pole can just come out of no where and hits ur car....

Now in terms of modification, im looking for some headers, hi flow cat and exhaust system but unsure if i want to go a cannon, where would i find these kind of products and what do you guys recommend.

www.ebay.com.au

I also want to play with the air intake, should i put a pod filter in the standard spot its in now, or run some kind of intake pipe to relocate it for cold air induction?

pod filter $20. CIA ~$200+

and finally, with the above mentioned mods, would a S-AFC be worth considering, is it going to make a notable difference with these mods?

no

BillyE
07-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the reply, short and sweet :)

Edgeauto
08-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Shoot me a PM if you want me to look at it on a weekend for you.

TheSaint
08-07-2007, 08:14 PM
do some reading on this forum, and shop around in the trader section for parts =)

ps. please tell me you have hit vtec in that thing at least once?

VtiKid
11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey Billy E,
if you install CAI (Cold Air Intake) setup, along with extractors (headers) and full exhaust that alone should give you noticable gains as Vtecs love to breathe and the first mods should always be Air Intake with exhaust and headers... (y) damn man i betta watch out for those poles mite come n hit my car one day haaha take it easy
check out Ebay like mental has posted, they got some mandrel bent cai for cheap!

EG5
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Run SKUNK2 intake manifold , get rid of that dual stage on your IM

BillyE
12-07-2007, 10:09 AM
do some reading on this forum, and shop around in the trader section for parts =)

ps. please tell me you have hit vtec in that thing at least once?

yeah probably hit it once or twice, i drive it in the hills, I have a s14 fronted 180sx that i drift so i dont mind thrashing a car

thanks for all your tips they have helped i have 4k ready to go now :)

BillyE
12-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey Billy E,
if you install CAI (Cold Air Intake) setup, along with extractors (headers) and full exhaust that alone should give you noticable gains as Vtecs love to breathe and the first mods should always be Air Intake with exhaust and headers... (y) damn man i betta watch out for those poles mite come n hit my car one day haaha take it easy
check out Ebay like mental has posted, they got some mandrel bent cai for cheap!

Yeah did so thanks mate.

The GF drove it into a pole at the petrol station when she lost her temper at some wanker who was in the way. hahaha.

BillyE
12-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Run SKUNK2 intake manifold , get rid of that dual stage on your IM

whats the gain?

BillyE
19-07-2007, 11:47 AM
So this is an awesome forum, mods move my shit around from the section i post in and now i get no replies.

NSPYRE
19-07-2007, 12:01 PM
they did that becos everything u have asked has been discussed in depth and can be searched by using the search function on the forum.

u say u got a s14/180. to drift, that requires some serious work all round (engine, suspension, tyres).

now, i want to kno that if u do infact have such a car, wouldnt a person like urself kno wat to do and where to begin in modifying a car whether it be for performance, practicality, looks and so on?

the mods u have stated are the bare base in building an all-motor (im assuming its not going to be boosted). do some research, make ur own judgement and if its not wat u were after, learn from ur mistakes and try again. as a 'drifter', i'd assume u'd kno a lot about trial and error.

BillyE
19-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I wanted to know where to get the best price, i know how to modify, but on the gfs car i dont want to spend $$$$ for shit all benefits, so i asked questions.

NSPYRE
19-07-2007, 12:13 PM
traders on these forums will offer u the best price.

from my experience talk to felix from race nation or adrian from TODA. top guys to do business with.