PDA

View Full Version : Jazz as a mod prospect?

Sp00n
13-07-2004, 11:47 PM
gotta say...
i've had my car for 3 weeks now...
it's only done 7700kms but i'm loving it... hehehe
raced a wrx the other day..
killed him in first and second gear.. but third just didn't do it for me..

anyways..
i reckon it's a very good mod prospect..
the Spoon Sports boss said it was going to be the "poor man's racer"
gotta say i agree with the guy..

anyways....

felixR
13-07-2004, 11:54 PM
hey buddy
congrats on the new car :)

i reckon u should make a lil project of your own with your jazz.. it'll be fun!

start with that CF bonnet :P (before someone else takes it)

oh yeh we better meet up one day really soon, i wanna drive the jazz..

Sp00n
13-07-2004, 11:57 PM
true bro.. true..

wynode
13-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Killed a WRX in a Jazz ? :|

Sp00n
14-07-2004, 12:08 AM
yeah.. looked like he had a big night..
it was a saturday morning btw..
wrx's 3rd gear is the gun gear.. so he would have shot off anyway

petrovski
14-07-2004, 09:39 AM
1st i could understand maybe

but second?? was he trying
ive got a jazz - 5spd manual and ive gone against a '99 rex and wasnt even close.
have you got the cvt7 speed?? reason being is that when i went to buy my jazz the guy told me the first 2 gears were sort of like 1st gear in a manual but i havent driven one so cant say exactly.

anyways if you want to know anything about a jazz jus-10 is the man to talk to (kind of like a jazz god - he knows everything!) and if you want parts tanghy is your man.

Pete :)

wyl03
14-07-2004, 11:01 AM
wouldn't be surprised if 1st 2 gears are similar to 1st gear in manual.
after all, with 7-speed, the ratios must be pretty close and no point having such close ratios in higher revs too.

but i dont have an auto so i'm only guessing :)

Jus-10
14-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Pfft...the '7-speed' is nothing but a gimmick. It doesn't have 7 gears....it is a CVT gearbox (constantantly variable transmission) which effectively means it has infinate gear ratios. The 'gears' are just a technical wonder to make you think it has different ratios.

Put in normal drive mode and accelerate....watch the tacho and it will just rev constantly without dropping back as it will never change gears...the car will just keep accelerating maintaining constant revs.

As for the Jazz being a mod prospect, well I guess to an extent it is, so long as you remember that it was never designed to be a performance car. That said, I managed to keep up with a gen 4 VTi-R Prelude twice and all I had was a filter.

You seem to be able to get reasonable gains from basic mods like air filter, exhaust and a nice tune with something like a V-AFC 2 or e-Manage. There isn't really much else worth doing to it, and even extractors at around $900 have to be given a lot of thought. It is a lot of money for only a couple of extra kws.

Your other option would be a K20/24 swap. The K24 would be pushing it for engineering purposes I would think, but the torque would be amazing in such a small car. I have been speaking to a few guys about this, and whilst the engine bay in the Jazz is quite small, apparently the K20 block bolts in quite easily. It's just a matter of whether you can justify the massive price for a Type R version of the K20.

I have found someone that will do the conversion, but it all comes down to the money..

now I'm ranting

petrovski
14-07-2004, 11:48 AM
what car is the k24 from?? prelude?

if you dont mind me asking how much were you quoted for the conversion? was it for a k20 or a k24 conversion?

felixR
14-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Sp00n's Jazz has manual transmission..

K24 is from the CRV and Accord Euro

Jus-10
14-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Didn't get talking price on the conversion...just spent a while speculating over fitment, etc. Obviously it can be done (see the Dynamite) and rumour has it there is a Blue one in QLD with a K20.

Price wise, if you were going to go for a K20 (Type R) you would be looking at about $15,000. You could pick up a CR-V K24 dirt cheap compared to that and whilst it has only 118kw or so, it would have potential. You could always go for a lesser tuned version of the K20 like something out of the garden variety Teg.

It will also be interesting to see what engines come out in the next generation Civic as perhaps that may offer some sort of compromise betwen the L15 and the big hitting K20/24. The next CTR is supposed to have a hi-po 1.5...

TypeG
14-07-2004, 12:54 PM
LOL
just leave the engine as it is since Honda engine is too expensive.
Jazz is Jazz. Good little car.

coladuna
14-07-2004, 03:54 PM
:shock:
Please guys... Jazz is a nice little car, but you people are going way over the top saying that you were able to keep up with WRX, Prelude VTi-R etc....
All I can say to that is "BULLSHIT"!!
It's either that the other driver wasn't even trying or he's a terrible terrible driver.
You know that (or you should know) there's no way Jazz can go anywhere near WRX or Prelude VTi-R in terms of performance.

Jus-10
14-07-2004, 04:46 PM
All I can say is "f*ck you"...I must not have been the one in the drivers seat when I pulled up next to the VTi-R lude and the dude just couldn't get over it that I kept up with him...and yes he was trying because I could hear him (remember I was next to him)

Actually they guy is on OzHonda too....

Sorry guys I've been lying all along...thankyou for setting me straight coladuna

coladuna
14-07-2004, 06:48 PM
All I can say is "f*ck you"...I must not have been the one in the drivers seat when I pulled up next to the VTi-R lude and the dude just couldn't get over it that I kept up with him...and yes he was trying because I could hear him (remember I was next to him)

Actually they guy is on OzHonda too....

Sorry guys I've been lying all along...thankyou for setting me straight coladuna

You are an idiot. Yes, that did happen. It happened in your dream. :lol:
Just look at the figures on paper.
Prelude VTi-R's 0-100km/h time is usually quoted as around 7.5-8 seconds. That is being relatively conservative too.
Jazz VTi-S time is quoted as around 10-10.5 seconds.
Even the dumbest idiot in the world will be able to figure out which will be faster.
Are you saying that your mere CAI mod allowed you to beat a much faster car?
Dream on kid....

Very funny.... you could hear it? How do you know if he was revving only to like 5000rpm or 7000 rpm? You can actually tell from just hearing it, can you? What a marvellous skill to have. Try posting your experience anywhere and people will laugh at you just like I am right now. bwahaha

Sure, your Jazz is as fast as a Prelude VTi-R. If so, Prelude VTi-R would be as fast as WRX. haha. Wake up from your dream. That's all I can say really.
I've driven Jazz VTi-S and it's no where near as poweful as H22A. Not even close!

wyl03
14-07-2004, 06:51 PM
ok .. let's keep this friendly and constructive :)

Tessai
14-07-2004, 07:19 PM
U know..........sometimes not every traffic light stop is a drag. The WRX and Prelude drivers prolly werent even trying and just accelerating a bit hard, minding their own business. While u prolly accelerated hard and thought u were dragging one another!

I just find it very hard to believe. Jazz is a nice car, but it aint fast.

TypeG
14-07-2004, 07:47 PM
sound like coladuna is driving one of those FAST car
predule is not that fast as the figure said but please respect yrself even u dun respect others.
Some drivers driving a FAST car may not able to drive so well which a Jazz may able to keep up and maybe you are the one of those. LOL

jm9383
14-07-2004, 08:14 PM
respect to coladuna...

coladuna
14-07-2004, 08:22 PM
sound like coladuna is driving one of those FAST car
predule is not that fast as the figure said but please respect yrself even u dun respect others.

I have no idea what you're saying. Learn to construct a proper sentence that can get your meaning across.

Some drivers driving a FAST car may not able to drive so well which a Jazz may able to keep up and maybe you are the one of those. LOL

Obviously, following a thread that's longer than 1 page is a challenge for you.
For your information, I WAS being friendly and was simply correcting his non-sense in a friendly manner. I also pointed out that other driver may not have been trying or really crappy driver. That was until he got pissed off and started to be rude.
I can tell you that other forum members are laughing at the two Jazz drivers who claim that their car is faster than WRX or Prelude VTi-R.

Sorry, unlike you people, I know where my car stands. I know my car isn't the fastest in the world unlike Jus-10 who seem to think that his Jazz can overcome the reality.

TypeG
14-07-2004, 08:35 PM
lol
well, I am not english people so my english maybe a bit hard to understand for sure.
Yes, 1 page is a bit too long for me but I can still manage to my Matser course so who care.
I know 1 or 2 Jazz in Sdyney track did very well while some ITR get worse result.
So the outcome is all depends on the driver+mod+car condition, car age ... etc
Many ppl do say WRX is faster than ITR, but some ITR do kick wrx (dun say predule since it is so heavy BUT FAST).
Maybe we just stop argue here and enjoy our new section here for JAZZ OWNER.

jm9383
14-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Maybe we just stop argue here and enjoy our new section here for JAZZ OWNER.

nah...

its way too entertaining !

luzinit
14-07-2004, 09:26 PM
thats exactly it coladuna... ON PAPER, this car is faster than that.... but in real life, things are alot different.... manual jazz is quoted as 9.5 seconds 0-100 btw.
jus-10 isnt claiming every jazz vti-s will beat every 4th gen prelude out there... hes just saying that they are faster then you would have think.. so please.. chill! btw a blue eg 55kw atw, and gsi 67kw atw have both taken on my 75kw atw civic..... on paper, who did u think would win??

coladuna
14-07-2004, 09:41 PM
lol
well, I am not english people so my english maybe a bit hard to understand for sure.
Yes, 1 page is a bit too long for me but I can still manage to my Matser course so who care.

English isn't my first language either. I seriously doubt you'd do well with your course with that kind of grammar.
Is it so hard to understand?
I did mention to Jus-10 that other driver either didn't try or was a crappy driver.
He refuses to accept that and seems to think that his car is really as fast as Prelude VTi-R

coladuna
14-07-2004, 09:49 PM
thats exactly it coladuna... ON PAPER, this car is faster than that.... but in real life, things are alot different.... manual jazz is quoted as 9.5 seconds 0-100 btw.
jus-10 isnt claiming every jazz vti-s will beat every 4th gen prelude out there... hes just saying that they are faster then you would have think.. so please.. chill! btw a blue eg 55kw atw, and gsi 67kw atw have both taken on my 75kw atw civic..... on paper, who did u think would win??

Nope. Never seen Jazz 0-100 time being as quoted anything below 10 seconds.
Besides, he even refused to accept that other driver wasn't trying or that he was a crappy driver. He seem to be claiming that other driver tried his best and he wasn't a crap driver and he was still able to keep up with him.
Also, your example isn't really relevant here because the power difference between a Prelude & Jazz is a lot more than the power difference between a Civic and Integra.

140+kW vs. 81kW

Even if the other driver was crap, it's hard to lose to a Jazz in a Prelude.
It's more likely that he didn't even try either.

Also, let me remind you that I never tried to say that Jazz is crap or anything like that. I do think Jazz is a great little car and my sister almost bought one recently because I recommended it to her. However, it's pretty ridiculous how some people here think that Jazz can beat much more powerful cars. It's funny enough that you try to drag race Jazz in the first place. Not saying that Jazz is underpowered or anything like that either. It was pretty zippy for a little car, but you people go to extreme.

quote of the century

:lol:

Usual Suspect
14-07-2004, 11:48 PM
oh this is gonna be fun.

TypeG
15-07-2004, 12:28 AM
140+kW vs. 81kW

u miss out a + after 81kw mate
y not track with a Jazz. People do track with a Jazz in Sdyney and the time is even better than ITR.
ITR will win predule even ITR only got 108kw with IHE. The figure is just a figure.
I own civic and ITR b4. I am sure ITR is faster than Jazz a lot with the same driver which is me. However, I am sure more mod will release later to make it runs better

coladuna
15-07-2004, 12:52 AM
140+kW vs. 81kW

u miss out a + after 81kw mate

Why would you put + for Jazz?
Jazz's power output is 81kW. Not more, not less.
With 4th gen Prelude, I wrote 140+kW because [acronym:afa204effc="Australian Domestic Market"]AUDM[/acronym:afa204effc] will be 142kW while [acronym:afa204effc="Japanese Domestic Market"]JDM[/acronym:afa204effc] will be 147kW.

y not track with a Jazz. People do track with a Jazz in Sdyney and the time is even better than ITR.

Yeah right. That makes sense. Did Michael Schumacher drive the Jazz while a 10 yr old kid drove the ITR?

ITR will win predule even ITR only got 108kw with IHE. The figure is just a figure.

I hope you are quoting the power at the wheel because ITR has 141kW at the flywheel and much lighter than Prelude, which is why ITR is faster than Prelude. If you were quoting 108kW as in at flywheel, you got your stuff all mixed up.

I own civic and ITR b4. I am sure ITR is faster than Jazz a lot with the same driver which is me. However, I am sure more mod will release later to make it runs better

And your point being? Any car will run faster if you pour money into it.
Besides, Jus-10's signature states that his only mod is CAI. As if CAI will make that much difference. They make very little difference, if any, to performance anyway.[/quote]

petrovski
15-07-2004, 01:34 AM
hey boys n girls,

first things first - calm down.

at the chance of getting my head ripped off too i would like to TRY and sit on the fence for this one. I can see where both jus-10 and the guy who raced the wrx are coming from and i can aslo see where coladuna is coming from ( i think :?).

so here is my 2 cents take it or leave it:

all the cars coladuna has compared on paper and yes i myself as a jazz owner agree that on paper the jazz is not the winner of any performance contest AND as a jazz owner i have also raced a wrx and been beaten ( i have yet to race a prelude - my friend owns a jap spec so i can put it on the cards if anyone needs a second opinion :wink: )

anyway i also believe what both justin and the guy who raced the wrx have said
because with what i have heard also about the cvt 7 speed it could of beaten the wrx off the line in first and second and this could have happened to because of a thousand reasons and whatever it may have been the jazz got the upper in 1st and 2nd and when the wrx hit 3rd off it went

with the jazz an the prelude i would also believe that the jazz kept up with the prelude. how far in front or how far behind justin didnt say but he did say he kept up (NOTE that he did NOT say that he BEAT it). and for me if i was a car length in front or a car length behind i would call it about even or KEEPING UP. i dont know where the jazz was exactly in relation to the prelude or how long the race went for but it is certainly viable.

so anyway that is my 2 cents and as i said take it or leave but just calm down pls

EXIT
15-07-2004, 02:24 AM
jazz can be very quick....
anyone follow the hk comic GT-Racing?
the JAZZ wooped the R32 ass !!! hahaahah
amazing

XXpl0Sive
15-07-2004, 03:42 AM
The Jazz is a great little car. Do they make them for men?

Hard to believe you killed a WRX with almost double your power, launching with four wheels.

toE
15-07-2004, 04:17 AM
Keep this on topic bois. any keyboard wars can be taken to PMs. :)

anyways, i just watched BMI's [acronym:5ac1124e58="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:5ac1124e58] Club...and in it, the Spoon Fit (aka Jazz) was taken for a test by Hattori and Tsuchiya, with Ichimisan (sp!?!) watching closely.

Well, Hattori and Tsuchiya both commented saying that the base Fit isn't a true sports car, however can be modified to be a true racing/sports car. The modification magnitude included stirpping the car bare, with only a bucket seat, dash and mechanical add-ons dat wouldnt fit anywhere else outside of the car.

So, to answer the question.topic at hand, yes the Jazz has a realistic prospect for mods. :)

ps. Watch the [acronym:5ac1124e58="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:5ac1124e58] Club bois. U'll love it!! :)

jm9383
15-07-2004, 08:06 AM
quote of the month...

The Jazz is a great little car. Do they make them for men?

CJL
15-07-2004, 10:12 AM
^^^^jm9383 Can't you get over it and stop trying to shit stir.
Is there any reason why people are trying to be sexiest I never knew there was such thing as a man/woman’s car thanks for enlightening me cause I always thought it was personal preference.

I love the little jazz's mad looking car with plenty of potential :) ....

TypeG
15-07-2004, 10:16 AM
lol
some prel driver is here try to continue the keyboard war.
anywany, just let how section clear please and begin in yr own section.

Jazz is for me since I believe the people in Spoon are all or mostly male.
also make chicks drive prel too as my gf do like it since it look GXY

Jus-10
15-07-2004, 10:31 AM
I didn't read all the posts since my little outburst to coladuna, but I made my peace with him and accept that I was out of line (to an extent). Sorry if I started a keyboard war...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dillusional about the performance of the Jazz, but obviously people like Spoon know what they're doing, so who am I to argue? So yes it has modding potential....

I also don't think it's appropriate to make statements referring the Jazz to being a girls car. I mean civics are driven by plenty of girls and I'm pretty sure I've heard the prelude being referred to as a bit of a 'hairdressers' car....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the Jazz owners here are male too.....

Mod away fellow Jazz owners and stray from the norm....there's nothing like being a bit different from the rest!

petrovski
15-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Mod away fellow Jazz owners and stray from the norm....there's nothing like being a bit different from the rest!

i second that

coladuna
15-07-2004, 11:08 AM
This matter has been settled and that'll be it.

Jazz is a great car and I will second that.
Also, stuff anyone who says car 'X' is a female car, male car...
If you have to rely on your car to verify your gender, I feel sad for you.
Nothing wrong with guys driving little hatchbacks like Jazz.

muli
15-07-2004, 05:50 PM

anyways, i just watched BMI's [acronym:25c58b7e5d="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:25c58b7e5d] Club...and in it, the Spoon Fit (aka Jazz) was taken for a test by Hattori and Tsuchiya, with Ichimisan (sp!?!) watching closely.

Well, Hattori and Tsuchiya both commented saying that the base Fit isn't a true sports car, however can be modified to be a true racing/sports car. The modification magnitude included stirpping the car bare, with only a bucket seat, dash and mechanical add-ons dat wouldnt fit anywhere else outside of the car.

So, to answer the question.topic at hand, yes the Jazz has a realistic prospect for mods. :)

ps. Watch the [acronym:25c58b7e5d="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:25c58b7e5d] Club bois. U'll love it!! :)

saying that u now have to tell us where u got this video that u watch?

TypeG
15-07-2004, 06:03 PM
I think you can find their dialog of the video or what the spoon racer said in spoon site.

toE
16-07-2004, 01:03 AM

anyways, i just watched BMI's [acronym:22838b0916="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:22838b0916] Club...and in it, the Spoon Fit (aka Jazz) was taken for a test by Hattori and Tsuchiya, with Ichimisan (sp!?!) watching closely.

ps. Watch the [acronym:22838b0916="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:22838b0916] Club bois. U'll love it!! :)

saying that u now have to tell us where u got this video that u watch?

emule ;)

watch it bois if yuz get a chance. ichimisan (sp!?!) brought out a Fit bare shell/chasis and pointed out why it was suitable as a racing car.

*comes back after watching it again*
Ichishima: The basic layout of the Fit/Jazz is also the key. In the world of GT Racing, it is an open secret to build the floor hard and the ceiling soft...as racers request for more stiffness

Hattori: as the more rigid the structure, the better handling as it is direct.

Ichishima: the Fit/Jazz is already gifted from the start to be made into a touring or a racing car with (this) body shell structure.

:)

EXIT
16-07-2004, 05:27 AM
JAzz but no mean a girl's car...... but there is heaps of hot lady driving it.

slowcrx
17-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Back to the argument, I wouldn't diss the guys saying they stayed up with a Gen 4 lude or 1st 2 gears with a WRX. From a personal experience, I got ripped a new arse by a Caprice while I was driving my R33 GTR......couple of reasons:

* That Caprice is an auto and if you guys knows me on the Fast Forums (my nick over there is dairyboy) you would've heard me whinging about the screwed up multi-plate clutch in my car
* The Caprice reacted quicker than I did (I was smoking at the time) like the old drag racing saying, half a second off the reaction time is a second off the ET or something similar
* Turbo lag

Now getting back on the topic, I believe the Jazz have quite a potential if you know what you're doing. Definitely stiffen the chassis up, tune the system further and fit some better brakes. If you read some overseas magazines you might discovered there's a 4 pot Wilwood 310mm front brake conversion. The only thing I have concern about the Jazz is the engine - it wasn't designed to be a performance engine, I wonder how much engine you can get outta it without going too far. When I had a look at the Jazz months ago, I was measuring how much room behind the exhaust manifold to see if I could stick a turbo in there. VNT17 off VW/Audi or GT17 from Garrett is a good choice except my only concern is the fuel tank right behind it. Another problem I can see is how to route all the piping from the outlet of the turbo to an intercooler then to the intake. Gonna be messy...

Ok now I'll crawl back into my hole and shut up :)

wyl03
17-07-2004, 05:12 PM
slowcrx- is below the Wilwood conversion u're talking about? (interesting rotors there)

http://tycoons-den.com/Mobiles-den/fit_diy/wilwood_brakes.htm

wonder if there's anything to convert the rear drums too ..

slowcrx
18-07-2004, 03:10 AM
It definitely uses the Dynalite calipers but not the weirdo rotors. As for the rear drums, I've heard (don't count on it) that the EK rear disc might somehow bolt on with minor tweaking. I haven't seen it in flesh so I think it's just a rumour.

Jus-10
20-07-2004, 08:59 AM
I too looked at the turbo charging aspect purely out of interest....there is just no room!

That said, apparently there is a turbo one in Sydney somewhere. One of the other forumers encountered it one night. If you really want forced induction then supercharging would probably be much easier....

As for the brakes, there are some pretty impressive setops on that link....What is more impressive is that most of them are just 1.3 autos!....those crazy Japs.....

Whilst it might look cool to have 15inch rotors up front, it is just pure over-kill on what is a pretty light car with modest power levels. Again, look back to the Spoon Fit and see what brakes it runs.....it even retains the rear drums! I have heard however that Spoon will be releasing calipers for the Fit in the near future, however this is still over-kill for most people. Your best bet would be to check out the Mugen range as they have slotted front rotors and braided lines. match this up to a good set of pads and you will be fine. I know this set-up is used with a great success on a Jazz in QLD that sees plenty of track action.

As for the rears, don't worry so much about them being just drums. Yeah they don't look that pretty, but they do do the job. You can always check out Spoon for some hi-po shoes for the drums.

Other than that, I have heard rumors that a rear disc kit exists in Hong Kong, but thats all the imformation I could get. It would make sense that some Civic parts might fit given that the Jazz/Fit platform is based around the Civic, but I am yet t see any one try a rear disc conversion, and it's not high on my list of things to do so I'm not gonna be the guinea pig with that one

wyl03
22-07-2004, 02:37 PM
jus10 - how are the Spoon upper and lower bars u have on your car? any difference in handling? presumably those are strut & sway bars?
also .. do u know how many wheel nuts we need for our wheels - 4 or 5?

muli
22-07-2004, 04:19 PM
jus10 - how are the Spoon upper and lower bars u have on your car? any difference in handling? presumably those are strut & sway bars?
also .. do u know how many wheel nuts we need for our wheels - 4 or 5?

the jazz is 4 as it was the only thing stopping me from putting current model type-r wheels as they are 5stud

wyl03
22-07-2004, 04:54 PM
muli - thanks! btw, have you changed your wheels? if you were to source for wheels yourselves (say from pple on this forum), which shop would you suggest to go to get them fitted?

muli
22-07-2004, 05:27 PM
muli - thanks! btw, have you changed your wheels? if you were to source for wheels yourselves (say from pple on this forum), which shop would you suggest to go to get them fitted?

nope, was gonna put 2002 type-r mags on it but because of different stud pattern i wont be doing so as i would of gotten the type-r mags for quite cheap

Jus-10
23-07-2004, 10:19 AM
It's not a front sway bar, it is a lower arm brace. I haven't fitted that yet, I've only fitted the strut brace....

Can't really tell much difference as the rest of the car is stock and I don't drive it too hard, thus I can't really comment either way.

If you want to fit tyres, let me know what I can sort out. I have a mate that can look after you....

muli
03-08-2004, 03:16 PM
anyone seen the latest wheels magazine, they got 0-100km/h in 9.3secs for the jazz Vti but the article seemed like a honda biased review :cry:

Jus-10
03-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Not bad...must be a manual right?

My car goes in tonight to get the Teins fitted up. Picked them up on the weekend and they look awesome. Much better finish than the $3000 Bilsteins I had fitted to the BMW.

Will keep you guys posted with the results.

muli
03-08-2004, 07:30 PM
yep, its manual.
Hows that CAI of yours coming along?

FIT
03-08-2004, 08:37 PM
love to see how it looks, if you can post a pic up justin, im still waiting for my front strut bar to arrive, are they easy to fit?

wyl03
04-08-2004, 09:17 AM
anyone seen the latest wheels magazine, they got 0-100km/h in 9.3secs for the jazz Vti but the article seemed like a honda biased review :cry:

yup .. got that issue. a comparo between jazz vs fiesta vs barina.

jazz was tops in space and fuel efficiency, lousy on handling (can't even come close to the german-made fiesta).

but i think it's nothing a good set of suspension and tyres cannot overcome. after all, they did mention the yoko ASPEC was crap.
(have noticed that as well . .the ASPECs do not inspire confidence even when the streets are just a *little* wet).

Jus-10
04-08-2004, 11:37 AM
The front strut bar is pretty easy to fit. It is a bit fiddly getting the nuts on but it is all pretty straight forward.

No further progress on the CAI....I haven't really been bothered with doing anything to it lately. I'm sort of over all the waiting and fussing around and sh*t.

Anyone with a VTi-S want to swap me their immaculate rims(with tyres) plus a little cash for my P1s?

wyl03
05-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Not bad...must be a manual right?

My car goes in tonight to get the Teins fitted up. Picked them up on the weekend and they look awesome. Much better finish than the $3000 Bilsteins I had fitted to the BMW.

Will keep you guys posted with the results.

How are the Teins treating you? 8)

Jus-10
05-08-2004, 11:56 AM
f@cking mad man....

Will have to do a longer write up with pics and everything when I get the chance. Also fitted the Spoon lower bar and the thing handles awesome now, even with the crappy stock tyres!

TypeG
05-08-2004, 12:00 PM
how much the tein coilover cost u?

Jus-10
05-08-2004, 02:42 PM
$1,900 or so plus fitting....

TypeG
05-08-2004, 04:22 PM
so cheap?
COilover for $2k is very cheap
oilover when i looking for one for my ITR b4.. it cost like 3k+

petrovski
05-08-2004, 04:38 PM
hey justin - did you get the wagons or the superwagons?

Jus-10
05-08-2004, 04:40 PM
I went soopa baby!

petrovski
05-08-2004, 04:42 PM
awesome!!!!

someone told me they were in excess of 2200 :?
was this the kit you got: DSA04-91AS2 and did it come with 4 or was that for 2 dampers?

btw did you want the aftermarket dash parts?

i emailed crd and its $350 for the vafc2 to be fitted and dyno tuned

TypeG
05-08-2004, 05:44 PM
good on u jus
good stuff
handling must be hell better

carbine
05-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not dillusional about the performance of the Jazz, but obviously people like Spoon know what they're doing, so who am I to argue? So yes it has modding potential....

Yes they do know what they are doing. Selling excessively expensive parts that require little or no R&D and aren't worth anything, but stupid people in the public pay for. Of course they are going to release parts for the jazz, you know why? Because of people like you with the jazz wanting to be road racers. Spoon is a business they try to make money.

Spoon and to that matter every jap motorsports companys are ****en toys compared to the real boys.

TypeG
05-08-2004, 11:39 PM
u get what u pay for
i always believe that
buying parts for our cars is a kind of hobbies which like human which buy clothes for themselves which is sometimes just for look or personal satisfaction

Jus-10
06-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Crawl back under your rock carbine...you seem to be having issues with being polite and obviously have no constructive input to the conversation as your comments are generally ill-informed.

I have paid no more for my Spoon parts than what any other person has paid for their whiteline strut bars, etc.

Pete, that part number you posted is the kit I got. It includes absolutely everything you need including 4 shocks, 4 springs, c-spanners, stickers, a badge, everything!

Sorry for not getting back to you about the dash, things have been hectic and I haven't really had much time of late. I don't think I will be going for the dash at this stage. I have heaps of other things to sort out first.

That price from crd for the V-AFC2 installation is cheap. They told me $450. Was your quote for a dyno-tune?

petrovski
06-08-2004, 10:04 AM
justin, this is what i sent to them and what they sent back:

Hi Peter,
Installed and dyno tuned will cost you $350.00
Regards
Lance

Name: Peter Leveson
Contact details: pleveson@optushome.com.au
Message: how much would it cost to have an apexi vafc2 installed and
tuned in a honda jazz (gd3)?

Thanks

maybe he hit the wrong key on the keyboard :?

when it gets close to doing it i will ring them anyway:)
either way its a ball park figure which seems to be cheaper than belgarage . . .

ive finally got the ball rolling too :D :D :D
hondar should have my vafc2 next week some time and hopefully in about 3 weeks from now i will be getting the intake pipe and box made up. ive already bought the apexi pod and a pipe for teh cold air feed its slowly coming together :)

TypeG
06-08-2004, 11:20 AM
how much u get yr pod filter?
i am looking to get one once other mod go into my car.....

petrovski
06-08-2004, 01:21 PM
i got the apexi power intake filter from www.autospeed.com.au 65mm black on clearance at $110 but www.modyourcar.com.au has them for $125 however they are the 85mm.
you can get the apexi kit for the jazz for modyourcar for $260

im getting a custom stainless intake pipe made up and its prob goin to cost me $350/400 but its what i want. The apexi kit doesnt put the pod right into the corner which is what im trying to achieve. The only problem i can for see is the radiator how but im pretty confident it will work out as ive pulled out the standard box 4 times so far to try estimate things.

carbine
06-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Justifiying the jazz as performance vehicle because spoon make parts for it.

righto.

felixR
06-08-2004, 11:13 PM
has anyone here opened up the stock airbox? is it full of resonators?

if so, has anyone cut them all out?

Jus-10
08-08-2004, 08:50 PM
There are a few mods to be made to the factory box for improved performance. It is the best option for low-down response.

There are plenty of things to be blocked off or removed to make a much more straight-forward flow of air.

I have put on a few more kays with the new sussy set-up now and can give a bit more info.

I still don't have pics, but the car has been lowered a bit over 2 inches. To get an idea of how low it is, the guard now sits even with the top of my 14inch tyres. The dampening settings are at about 40% of the hardest.

The handling is brilliant. It sits so flat through corners and I am now taking corners almost as fast as what I was in my BMW with Bilstein coilovers(remember I am still running the crap 14inch tyres - the BMW was running 17inch Contis). Better tyres will make a lot of difference.

The Spoon bars work really well together up front and the car feels extremely stiff (so far not too many creaks or squeaks). The front is quite predictable and feels very sturdy.

Considering how low the car is, the ride is quite acceptable for Sydney roads. I am also a bit partial towards a nice firm (though not jarring) ride. The Teins feel very controlled under all situations so far.

Lowering the car has also added a bit of weight to the steering which is a good thing, however it seems to increased the vagueness of the steering. When I first drove the car, it took me a few minutes to re-adjust to the way the car turns. I am now getting used to it, but I had a few interesting moments at first where the car didn't seem to turn as much as it should have been.

Whilst coilovers seem to be a bit over the top and extreme, I still believe that suspension is one of the best places to spend your money, especially in cars that are a bit lacking in the engine department. I am now leaving most cars for dead through twisties and round-a-bouts, etc...even with my tiny 1.5 engine. I am very happy with my purchase, even though it has taken me 6 months wait. It has now been well worth all the problems.

Next on the list is the exhaust, then the V-AFC2 and finishing of the intake. After that I will fit the rims and raise the suspension a bit (just a bit) for practicality.

For now, if anyone else is considering a suspension set-up for their Jazz and they are in Sydney, let me know. I am more than happy for you to check it out.

J

P.S. I also got my Fit badge too!

TypeG
09-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Wont tein is a bit too hard?
coz in melbourne, there are a lot of tram track which makes ride shit when u come acorss them

TypeG
09-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Wont tein is a bit too hard?
coz in melbourne, there are a lot of tram track which makes ride shit when u come acorss them
may go try kg/mm since z10 high recommended

Jus-10
09-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Tein models like the HAs are hard, but the Wagon range are a lot softer. They aren't made purely for the track so there are some compromises. Also, by having something like 25 dampening settings helps find a good compromise.

I think the tram track issue relates more to how low you go rather than how stiff. Anyways, Melbourne's tram-track roads are nothing compared to Sydney's pot-hole ridden roads.

But at the end of the day, it all comes down to common sense and knowing what you can do with your suspension setup at certain speeds.

Sp00n
09-08-2004, 09:40 PM
For now, if anyone else is considering a suspension set-up for their Jazz and they are in Sydney, let me know. I am more than happy for you to check it out.

yeah... when i get my payrise probably...

wyl03
10-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Spoon and to that matter every jap motorsports companys are ****en toys compared to the real boys.

ahaaha .. :lol: buddy .. please share .. who or what are the real boys? 8)

Jus-10
11-08-2004, 08:23 AM
FPV, HDT and HSV......dems tha real boys!

RyDC5S
18-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Moderators: Have you got stickies of dyno results or links as a result of these modifications. [Might be a good idea to have a sticky like the Toda performance ones in the Integra forum]. Just gives newcomers an idea.

My partner is interested in acquiring a VTI-S Jazz and performing the base modifications (CAI, Exhaust, ECU).

NvM
20-04-2006, 02:50 PM
FPV, HDT and HSV......dems tha real boys!

lol so true, prob has a fully sik VL... lol....

kuso
20-04-2006, 03:40 PM
i got the apexi power intake filter from www.autospeed.com.au (http://www.autospeed.com.au) 65mm black on clearance at $110 but www.modyourcar.com.au (http://www.modyourcar.com.au) has them for $125 however they are the 85mm.
you can get the apexi kit for the jazz for modyourcar for $260

im getting a custom stainless intake pipe made up and its prob goin to cost me $350/400 but its what i want. The apexi kit doesnt put the pod right into the corner which is what im trying to achieve. The only problem i can for see is the radiator how but im pretty confident it will work out as ive pulled out the standard box 4 times so far to try estimate things.

Thought you got the TODA kit pete?

kuso
20-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Justifiying the jazz as performance vehicle because spoon make parts for it.

righto.

I think people mod mainly for customising. If you look at it from a car class perspective, the people at ferarri or F1 may have the same opinion on the GTRs, ITR, Supras etc.

Jazz modders here don't expect to beat VLs, HSV, GTRs, ITR etc. I'm sure most people just do it for satisfaction and customising. HSV etc is also a super'ed up holden commodre if you look at it like that. But people class it as a performance vehicle.

There is a super charged and NA version of the jazz that has seem to give some decent results in its class. To my knowledge most people are arguing that it is a performance vehicle within its class of the norm.

I dont know if I make much sense and I am not to spur on a flame. I prefer to stand on the fence but these are my 2 cents.

NvM
20-04-2006, 06:08 PM
i agree with kuso, sti's, evo's, HSV & FPV they are all just hotted up family cars. when you looks at it that way the list of true sports cars gets reduced to a small minority...

KingRichard
20-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Fun thread to read! Anyway, I agree that there is no way JAZZ/FIT can beat WRX or Prelude running stocks. Off course it might change if you are running Fully modified JAZZ and maybe running K20 engine.

However I did beat some better sedan such as Mitsubishi Lancer (stocks) and Xtrail (stocks) but my GF JAZZ already have tons of modification. In my opinion its almost fully mods, from header, downpipe, exhaust, intake, CAI. Soooo...

Anyway JAZZ is fun to drive and even more fun when u begin modding it! Too many mods not to much money for me.. :confused:

sassy_fit_vtit
20-04-2006, 09:05 PM
if u mod ur car its up to you.. there isnt much on the market concidering the car is so new. and its costly to custom make things but i like a challange.. muahaha

^CarBoy^
20-04-2006, 09:47 PM
sassy_fit_vtit: i beg to differ. There is so many parts for the Jazz you just have to know where to look. Most new Honda vehicles when they first go out, they usually supply samples to tuning shops already before they even go public so that they can already produce custom parts for it.

Look at the new Civic. Mugen's got custom parts already.

sassy_fit_vtit
20-04-2006, 10:03 PM
.. tru but im talking about engine mods... my set up is all custom..

^CarBoy^
20-04-2006, 10:11 PM
oh well if custom stuff is what you want then that's abit harder.... but off the shelf from MUGEN, SPOON, etc etc... easy pissy... :) just one phone call to JDMYARD or JDMCONCEPT two weeks later the parts are here. :)

sassy_fit_vtit
20-04-2006, 10:27 PM
tru.. but there isnt as many options as the old model cars.. thats what im getting at.. most of the cars made before 00 have turbokits out etc

preludacris
22-04-2006, 04:07 AM
lol

can't believe u still talkn about the jazz's performance ....

like dont' get me wrong i loovveee the jazz... love it! and i want my mum to get one so i can do it up!
but seroiusly .. in a fair drag u canot beat wrx's and ludes.

i drive a lude vtir , and if i saw a jazz next to me i wouldnt even bother dragging it, until i see it gunning it hard, when im already in 2nd gear .

of a lude and a jazz both launched ... end of 1st gear ... bye bye jazz ...

im happy to take on any jazz's on this forum , done up or not ... lolz jazz owners should really invest in sussy, as some were saying , as it is light , and has potential in that area..

kuso
22-04-2006, 08:06 AM
From memory no one said jazz > prelude...

Don't know why you think we are saying that. It's like saying a modded prelude can race against NSX. If you would have read the thread more carefully you would have noticed that we are comparing to our own class. Jazz to echo and other small cars. At least that is how I see it. Out of its class, it is comparitively quite zippy.

In terms of the others saying they kept up with the other ludes etc. Im pretty sure they are just referring to not being left behind and the jazz can hold its own. Of course other factors come into this like whether the driver is trying or not.

Engine transplants can be done to hte jazz and has been done by mugen. THere is the infamous K20a jazz and now there is also a super charged one as well.

So why do we get bagged out for tinkering with the performance aspects when all the civics that used to be considered the small car of the honda, get to do their engine transplants and tinker with their performance side.

Im pretty sure no one here expects to beat any car that is not in its class. It''s just utter stupidy to think so unless some serious modifications have been done. So there is no need to take everyone's comments as a threat.

Im getting sick of explaining this to people so Im going to withdraw from this thread.

My 2 cents

sassy_fit_vtit
22-04-2006, 09:25 AM
agree with kusO... i have moded my car but i know my limitations..

^CarBoy^
22-04-2006, 01:02 PM
tru.. but there isnt as many options as the old model cars.. thats what im getting at.. most of the cars made before 00 have turbokits out etc

Turbo kit??.... There is a turbo kit for the Jazz made by HKS. If you want supercharger there is one from MUGEN. Both this options are not cheap.

^CarBoy^
22-04-2006, 01:07 PM
From memory no one said jazz > prelude...

Don't know why you think we are saying that. It's like saying a modded prelude can race against NSX. If you would have read the thread more carefully you would have noticed that we are comparing to our own class. Jazz to echo and other small cars. At least that is how I see it. Out of its class, it is comparitively quite zippy.

In terms of the others saying they kept up with the other ludes etc. Im pretty sure they are just referring to not being left behind and the jazz can hold its own. Of course other factors come into this like whether the driver is trying or not.

Engine transplants can be done to hte jazz and has been done by mugen. THere is the infamous K20a jazz and now there is also a super charged one as well.

So why do we get bagged out for tinkering with the performance aspects when all the civics that used to be considered the small car of the honda, get to do their engine transplants and tinker with their performance side.

Im pretty sure no one here expects to beat any car that is not in its class. It''s just utter stupidy to think so unless some serious modifications have been done. So there is no need to take everyone's comments as a threat.

Im getting sick of explaining this to people so Im going to withdraw from this thread.

My 2 cents

I agree with Kuso. With the same class cars i believe the Jazz is best amongst them. BEST MOTORING videos will prove that. :thumbsup:

I think a Jazz is not quick but quick enough for it's size. To me you dont really have to be quick on the street. But put the Jazz on the track and I think it will perform great. WIth just a few suspension mods it will be a great track car. Not quick Not powerfull but just a balanced car....

dc2dc2dc2
22-04-2006, 01:09 PM
i smell bs...if u launced a wrx in first gear....jazz would be gone...simple as that

NvM
22-04-2006, 03:33 PM
jazz aint built for striaght line speed :P, it has its strengths but with a 1.5 motor, it aint built for drags... all cars have limitations....

sassy_fit_vtit
23-04-2006, 09:51 AM
we aint comparing it to a wrx dc2dc2dc2.. we are saing it u put it next to a mitsubitshi coult or a hyandi gets, toyota yaris/eco, merc a-class etc... dood i wouldnt pull up to a wrx with a stock jazz, so many things putting the wrx in advantage, 4wd, turbo etc

car^boy, ye aat the time i did my conversion there where tubo kits availiable but i heard it was from 5k-8k, custom was the cheapest option for me.

the jazz has potential alike all cars, its a matter of money and resources. but in its frame it does have limitations, fwd and engine space its limited in the mods to the original engine and availibility, cost and variety of L-series engines if it was to have a transplant

Jacky Wong
23-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Guys check this out....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-346965262608055260

Jacky Wong
23-04-2006, 11:09 AM
i smell bs...if u launced a wrx in first gear....jazz would be gone...simple as that

Well, try with this Jazz and see what happen.....lol

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/nagacyber/01102005.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/nagacyber/01102005003.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/nagacyber/01102005004.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/nagacyber/01102005002.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/nagacyber/01102005001.jpg

z3lda
23-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Well, try with this Jazz and see what happen.....lol

if u wanna compare a modded jazz that's decked out with R gear, compare it to the WRC wrx. :rolleyes:

The jazz is a people mover. A simple little fuel economical people mover. it will never be more then that.

Chris_F
23-04-2006, 11:35 AM
^^^ you've obviously never seen the spoon fit on best motoring (a link is posted in one of the above posts, watch it! looks cool going around the track)

They state because of the cars lighweight and well balanced frame/chassis it has the potential to drive/feel like a true sports car.

Their only critiscism was a lack of engine power... as posted above a k20a would solve that no worries

^CarBoy^
23-04-2006, 11:40 AM
^^^ you've obviously never seen the spoon fit on best motoring (a link is posted in one of the above posts, watch it! looks cool going around the track)

They state because of the cars lighweight and well balanced frame/chassis it has the potential to drive/feel like a true sports car.

Their only critiscism was a lack of engine power... as posted above a k20a would solve that no worries

There is also another Best Motoring video where they are reviewing all the various small cars and putting them on the track. The Jazz left the pack from the get go. they couln't even catch up.

There is another BEst Motoring Video the SPOON Jazz went against another tuning companies K-Car = a Pink Toyota Echo turbo charged....

z3lda
23-04-2006, 11:49 AM
err.....yes......i dont know what or never seen the spoon fit in my life........ :rolleyes:

Yes it has "potenital" every single car has "potential"" :rolleyes:

But the simple fact is, the jazz straight out of the box is a fuel economical little people mover.

They dont get mass manufactured with 50 way height and damper adjustable 20/18 kg coilovers, or thick front and rear sway bars, strut bars, tie bars. So they wont do shit on the track.

Reason being ? they are a fuel economical little square toyota hilux lookalike people mover.

Chris_F
23-04-2006, 12:00 PM
The jazz is a people mover. A simple little fuel economical people mover. it will never be more then that.

Yes it has "potenital" every single car has "potential"" images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

floored argument, make up your mind.

They dont get mass manufactured with 50 way height and damper adjustable 20/18 kg coilovers, or thick front and rear sway bars, strut bars, tie bars. So they wont do shit on the track.

Reason being ? they are a fuel economical little square toyota hilux lookalike people mover.

name a car that is manafactured to such specifications.

I know of at least one person that has tracked a relatively stock jazz and achieved some great times on queensland raceway - of course he was a good driver - but there is more to doing "shit" on the track than being fast in a straight line and having superhard coilovers.

Take the jazz for what it is... an economical small car, compare it in it's category (not against a bloody wrc spec wrx) and maybe you'll cme see it's a decent little car for a bit of fun.

It's hard not to appreciate these points if you keep an open mind...

z3lda
23-04-2006, 12:14 PM
i only started reading from post 100 so i dont know what this thread is about ahha

but i take it you not know the meanin of " :rolleyes: " and you can't sense sarcasm when its in your face.

i dont agrue the fact that spoon or mugen jazz's are fast.

but the people with stock jazzs' that have a high flow carbon fibre titaninum anti aircraft rocket boosting "fast muffler" engrave muffler made from stealth bomber material and an ultra kw pumping turbine feed super rush air filter that thinks their cars are fast shit me up the wall...

Chris_F
23-04-2006, 12:21 PM
i only started reading from post 100 so i dont know what this thread is about ahha

but i take it you not know the meanin of " :rolleyes: " and you can't sense sarcasm when its in your face.

i dont agrue the fact that spoon or mugen jazz's are fast.

but the people with stock jazzs' that have a high flow carbon fibre titaninum anti aircraft rocket boosting "fast muffler" engrave muffler made from stealth bomber material and an ultra kw pumping turbine feed super rush air filter that thinks their cars are fast shit me up the wall...

haha fair enough - I can see why that may frustrate you, but more cars than just the jazz are guilty of that. It's just rice in general terms.

And eye-rolls to me have always meant "you don't know what your talking about' not an indication of sarcasm. But if that's the context you used it in I can appreciate what your saying.

But yea, this thread is about the jazz as a mod prospect. Yes a muffler won't make it fast, but good suspension, lightweight rims + good tyres and a few power mods will make it fun to drive. If the point of modding a car is to enjoy driving it then yes the jazz can be a decent mod prospect :angel:

dc2dc2dc2
23-04-2006, 02:03 PM
gotta say...
i've had my car for 3 weeks now...
it's only done 7700kms but i'm loving it... hehehe

i was refferring to that bs sassy_fit :) ;)

preludacris
23-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Omfg, u jazz owners getting defensive. Im not saying u guys think a jazz is better than a prelude..

but u read the thread and tell me 2 guys didnt say :

A: I kept up with a prelude Vtir
B: I beat a wrx in first and 2nd gear and it passed me in 3rd gear ..

dont try and put this back onto me.

Im saying if any jazz owner thinks they can keep up with a prelude vtir, then gimme a run ...

yes ... jazz's are fairly quick for such a small engined car , but u guys are being extremely optomistic.

and i never sed , ur not allowed to do up ur cars, i just sed u should concentrate MORE on handling .. eg. invest in some awseome coilovers , instead of spending heaps on a full stainless steel mandrel bent top of the range exhaust! ...

jeez defensive to the max...

and i know ur gonna flame me for this post too

Jus-10
23-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Sorry but you just accused me of lying.....to that I take offense. I can't remember if I have posted in this thread before because it is so old and I can't be bothered reading back through 10 pages, but I am assuming point A refers to me.

Sorry mate but it happened (twice)...beleive it or not I was actually driving my car at the time and the person in the 'lude was a member of the forum at the time (he is no longer around) . At the same time he was also pretty cool about it and we all had a good laugh about it at the time...we both shocked but for different reasons. Me because the Jazz did it, and him because he couldn't shake my Jazz.

But who really cares, stop fuelling the fire. Accept it DID happen (or accept that I'm lying if you so wish). Perhaps all the planets were aligned at the time which gave the Jazz a magical boot up the arse...who knows. Maybe the other guy was a crap driver. It was a one-off thing.

Everyone here knows what the Jazz is capable of, and me more so than the most. I believe I speak with some authority on the matter, not merely talking out of my arse.

I'm not being defensive or flaming but I can't beleive this thread is flaring up again. I'm just happy that I know I have enough stick to give it to all the falcadores out there (and before you try and deny I can do that, I atually did for all the public to see at Eastern Creek)

Anyway enough of this...I'm off to go start some race wars with the Sooby guys!

magii
23-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Omfg, u jazz owners getting defensive. Im not saying u guys think a jazz is better than a prelude..

but u read the thread and tell me 2 guys didnt say :

A: I kept up with a prelude Vtir
B: I beat a wrx in first and 2nd gear and it passed me in 3rd gear ..

dont try and put this back onto me.

Im saying if any jazz owner thinks they can keep up with a prelude vtir, then gimme a run ...

yes ... jazz's are fairly quick for such a small engined car , but u guys are being extremely optomistic.

and i never sed , ur not allowed to do up ur cars, i just sed u should concentrate MORE on handling .. eg. invest in some awseome coilovers , instead of spending heaps on a full stainless steel mandrel bent top of the range exhaust! ...

jeez defensive to the max...

and i know ur gonna flame me for this post too
according to what you just said it seems like you think that all the jazz drivers boast about how fast their car is and that we can
A: keep up with a prelude Vtir
B: beat a wrx in first and 2nd gear
if thats what you think then i dont think you have too much common sense...
only 2 jazz drivers boasted about that.

Zimp13
24-04-2006, 12:21 AM

huh??? as if a dc wont b gone at the launch compared with wrx.......

Jacky Wong
24-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Clam Down....don`t fight !!!!!

spoon fit
24-04-2006, 07:06 AM
huh??? as if a dc wont b gone at the launch compared with wrx.......

i believe his dc is fastest car in a world :thumbsup:
right?

sassy_fit_vtit
24-04-2006, 06:58 PM
hahah.. z3lda.. so am i the only person on this forum that doesnt shit u off?

dc2dc2dc2
24-04-2006, 07:03 PM
im not arguing how fast a dc is. im just quoting the noob sp00n who claims to stay even with a wrx in 1st and 2nd gear . *rolls eyes*

sassy_fit_vtit
24-04-2006, 07:05 PM
oh yea and i i did keep up to a prelude whilst my car was stock with vafc.. BUT.. in 2nd and 3rd.. top end the prelude flew me.. thats my truth. it might have been that the prelude did shift properly or was acrappy driver.. perhaps jus-10 went against a crapy driver? never know.

Zimp13
24-04-2006, 08:37 PM
im not arguing how fast a dc is. im just quoting the noob sp00n who claims to stay even with a wrx in 1st and 2nd gear . *rolls eyes*

of cos u r not.... if a dc is faster than a jazz cant even go against wrx how can a jazz?? sometimes certain points need not be elaborated as they are just too obvious... should just let sp00n b if that was wat he claimed... perhaps the driver of the wrx didnt even try at the start that gave sp00n a better start and in this scenario he believed his jazz can stay with a wrx in 1st and 2nd gear... but for certain in general, most jazzes cant go against wrx....

MR Spyder
25-04-2006, 02:54 AM
of cos u r not.... if a dc is faster than a jazz cant even go against wrx how can a jazz?? sometimes certain points need not be elaborated as they are just too obvious... should just let sp00n b if that was wat he claimed... perhaps the driver of the wrx didnt even try at the start that gave sp00n a better start and in this scenario he believed his jazz can stay with a wrx in 1st and 2nd gear... but for certain in general, most jazzes cant go against wrx....

Danny, u read my PM? :o
How?? ;)

have been waiting for your reply :eek: