PDA

View Full Version : FREAKING ANNOYING Squeak when releasing brake pedal. HELP!!!

SLPJCooL
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Like what the topic said. It's an EK1 with rear drums. I'm definately sure it's coming from the rear cos' you can even hear it from inside of car.
The sound is like when you apply force to a rusted/old springs. It happens EVERYTIME I release the brakes. It's annoying to the MAX.
And the thing is I've just changed new rear drum shoes and drum cylinder a couple of months ago.
HELP!!! PLZ....HELP!!!!

EG5[KRT]
08-07-2007, 03:37 PM
its not the actual brake pedal spring ??

Benson
08-07-2007, 07:50 PM
rear disc conversion FTW!

SLPJCooL
08-07-2007, 11:04 PM
I got my rear brakes done @ Brakes Plus for like $350 (including both cylinders) so if they did a good job, they should've lube the spots.
Do you think that cleaning the brakes with brake cleaner will help? It's just darn annoying to have squeak everytime you release the brakes!

SLPJCooL
08-07-2007, 11:06 PM
rear disc conversion FTW!
It is a possibility but no cash atm so need a quick fix! (And a cheap one)

GIPONU
08-07-2007, 11:10 PM
hose ur brakes down with WD-40! lol cheap fix, u mite not have breaks though,lol?

destrukshn
08-07-2007, 11:18 PM
wouldn't advise that.
lol.

SLPJCooL
09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Try finding somewhere with compressed air that will let you use it, or go to your local mechanic and have then blow compressed air into the brake adjustment hole (don't breath the dust). Sometimes that will help out squeeks.

Where's the brake adjustment hole? Can it be done with a can of compressed air?

blk_shadow
10-07-2007, 12:07 AM
sometimes the squeek noise can come from the gaps between the rotors and the pads that produces wind sound that sounded like a squeek.

pads' surface are not flat, or maybe the discs' surface needs machining.

Bludger
10-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Try finding somewhere with compressed air that will let you use it, or go to your local mechanic and have then blow compressed air into the brake adjustment hole (don't breath the dust). Sometimes that will help out squeeks.

make sure you got a mask

LOL

or just use brake cleaner

SLPJCooL
10-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanx Guys, I'll definately give it a good clean on the weekend. It's just funny how most ppl have sqeaks when they apply breaks, whereas on my car, it's releasing the brakes' that's making such sound (a very short but annoying sound I might add).

aaronng
10-07-2007, 12:49 PM
sometimes the squeek noise can come from the gaps between the rotors and the pads that produces wind sound that sounded like a squeek.

pads' surface are not flat, or maybe the discs' surface needs machining.
He has rear drums, not discs. :)