PDA

View Full Version : Air bags vs Air runners

J-TODA
08-07-2007, 10:13 PM
hey all, yer basically jst after some advice, reviews, info about the two types of suspension setups. Been looking at other options such as coils, springs woteva bt yer havent found much info about

1. air bags suspension
2. air runners suspension

basically atm all i know is that there is a signifant differnce in pricing ( approx. 1k-2k) of the two above suspension setups. so any info about how they work, durability, comfort or woteva, is much appreciated =]

yfin
08-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Atjo knows his stuff - i am sure he can help answer your question

J-TODA
08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
yer thats koolz, basically jst wanted to know different opinions of the two...

yer atjo =] haha info provided much appreciated

beayni85
08-07-2007, 11:30 PM
ima listen into this one too lol atjo told me it would be above 6k for parts for airrunners for a ka9 legend, and seeing as my car is a cheap piece of s*&t id rather spend 4k on universal bags installed lol. but if the benifits are large i guess i could find a few thousand

aaronng
08-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Air Runner is a brand of airbags. :)
Air Runner makes individual air bag suspension to fit each model. They are not universal and when you look at them, they look like coilovers but without springs.

EuroAccord13
09-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Air Runner brand uses KYB shocks too BTW......

mugen88
09-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Air runner kits are specific for each car, which is better imo. They are also a recognised and well known brand in Japan and US. The qulaity is good from what I have seen in and out of the car and everything is provided in the kit.

J-TODA
09-07-2007, 04:47 PM
so the mechanics and the way they operate are all the same?

aaronng
09-07-2007, 06:26 PM
so the mechanics and the way they operate are all the same?

Air Runners come with the dampers, while generic air bags are usually just like coil sleeves. They re-use your OEM damper and replace your spring.

Atjo
10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Universal kit still using your stock shock so it's gonna be the same case as if you just change your spring but still using stock shock which gonna wear out your shock soon or later. Air runner kit is a complete replacement system so basically it's almost the same mechanism as coilover but using bags instead of spring. The price of the kit is different for each car. For accord euro they have a special price for the old production model which is $4700 delivered. There's not much different with the new production model and it's more expensive as well, almost $6000 delivered. For the comfort, i've asked all of my friends that already sit in my car, they all said it's still softer than stock suspension.

^__^ SM ^__^
12-07-2007, 05:45 PM
With the air suspension, is handling sacrificed a lot?

aaronng
12-07-2007, 06:40 PM

It's like stock. Of couse, coils like Tein SS will make the Euro handle better.

--eskimo-eg--
12-07-2007, 08:17 PM

Airrunner system is damper adjustable as well, if you want to go stiffer you can set it at the max level

kitbkk
13-07-2007, 11:19 PM
^ yeah like Ray(eskimo eg) said, my Air Runner has 4 set ups. I set it to the 3rd stiffness and now its pretty good. I get used to the body roll now. I think its about the same as stock. Its been working fine as well apart from me thinking of changing the Whiteline rear sway bar to stock coz its been making noise. I fixed it once by tightening the rear ends of the sway bar and the noise was gone for a few weeks but now its back. I think its because the height is changing all the time and Whiteline sway bar is too thick for it. Apart from this, Im quite happy with it hehe. :thumbsup:

aaronng
13-07-2007, 11:55 PM
^ yeah like Ray(eskimo eg) said, my Air Runner has 4 set ups. I set it to the 3rd stiffness and now its pretty good. I get used to the body roll now. I think its about the same as stock. Its been working fine as well apart from me thinking of changing the Whiteline rear sway bar to stock coz its been making noise. I fixed it once by tightening the rear ends of the sway bar and the noise was gone for a few weeks but now its back. I think its because the height is changing all the time and Whiteline sway bar is too thick for it. Apart from this, Im quite happy with it hehe. :thumbsup:

Have you relubed the sway bar bushings?

kitbkk
14-07-2007, 09:34 AM
nope.:p what does it sound like when it needs to be relubed?
i think mine sounds like it is clicking. like something is banging the rear.

aaronng
14-07-2007, 12:18 PM
nope.:p what does it sound like when it needs to be relubed?
i think mine sounds like it is clicking. like something is banging the rear.

Can sound like anything from clicking to a loud guitar "TWANG!"

kitbkk
15-07-2007, 12:11 PM
thanks Arron. Ill give it a go then.
it is a lil confuse to decide at which ride height i should tighten the rear sway bar at.

aaronng
15-07-2007, 12:29 PM
thanks Arron. Ill give it a go then.
it is a lil confuse to decide at which ride height i should tighten the rear sway bar at.

Tighten it at the ride height that you normally use for driving around at normal speed. When you raise the car up to go up driveways or down for show, it doesn't matter because the car spends very little time moving in that situation.