PDA

View Full Version : Ingalls ETD

Chris_F
10-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Ingalls is soon to release their engine torque damper for the CL9 and it can be had for around US$150. One of the members on tsx.acurazine has offered to help out the Australians that want to buy one of these (the seller won't ship overseas). So if your interested visit the link below and PM member, Reach

taken from
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38654&page=4&pp=25
http://www.reject.org/globl/100_0598.jpg

beeza
10-07-2007, 11:39 AM
If you couldn't get that one,you can just buy the other off Ebay,it would only be a matter of Fabbing up a couple of brackets to suit your application anyways...

mugen88
10-07-2007, 12:09 PM
If you couldn't get that one,you can just buy the other off Ebay,it would only be a matter of Fabbing up a couple of brackets to suit your application anyways...

The hard bit is fabricating the bracket so its probabl better to buy this one as we have the same problem with JDM ETD's on AUD euros'.

beeza
10-07-2007, 12:12 PM
^^ Ah Gotcha :thumbsup:

Chris_F
10-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm on the verge of buying the FEELS etd because even though the Ingalls will fit it's a bit of an eyesore.

If the Ingalls can be had for around AU$150 though that'd make me reconsider :P

mugen88
10-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm on the verge of buying the FEELS etd because even though the Ingalls will fit it's a bit of an eyesore.

If the Ingalls can be had for around AU$150 though that'd make me reconsider :P

U can always install both m8. :D

aaronng
10-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Just PM'd Reach to get one for me. Why an eyesore? Most people want to have a visible ETD in their engine bay. :p

Chris_F
10-07-2007, 01:19 PM
U can always install both m8. :D

hehe yep you could. I wonder what sort of improvement having two ETD's would make

Chris_F
10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Just PM'd Reach to get one for me. Why an eyesore? Most people want to have a visible ETD in their engine bay. :p

Yep I sent a PM as well, if he doesn't come through I'll go with the FEELS.

For the same reason I relocated my battery,keeps the engine bay looking neat :)

aaronng
10-07-2007, 01:54 PM
hehe yep you could. I wonder what sort of improvement having two ETD's would make

With 2 ETDs, you can use softer rubber bushings instead of the hard poly bushings that you would need if you used only 1 ETD.

aaronng
10-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Yep I sent a PM as well, if he doesn't come through I'll go with the FEELS.

For the same reason I relocated my battery,keeps the engine bay looking neat :)

I see. I thought you relocated your battery for weight balance. :)

EuroAccord13
10-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm interested in having an extra ETD too...

tony1234
10-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Aaron,how much did it cost all up,delivered to your door in AU$$?

Chris_F
10-07-2007, 06:33 PM
I see. I thought you relocated your battery for weight balance. :)

It was one reason, but I have to say, having a battery-less engine bay was the main drive (it's def. a more noticeable difference than the weight transfer)

Now I'm torn between FEELS and Ingalls... the benefit of having both doesn't seem that great...

yfin
10-07-2007, 06:59 PM
where are both mounting points? any better pics Chris? If it mounts to the suspension points can you still fit the strut brace?

Chris_F
10-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Below is a picture of the mounting location on the strut tower. JTso seems to think it would fit with the cusco strut bar, or if not only a small bit of material would have to be removed.

The FEELS etd seems like a neater all purpose solution (no clearance issues etc.)

http://www.reject.org/globl/100_0599.jpg

aaronng
10-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Aaron,how much did it cost all up,delivered to your door in AU$$?

They estimate US$135 + 40 shipping. So that's about AU$205.

aaronng
10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Below is a picture of the mounting location on the strut tower. JTso seems to think it would fit with the cusco strut bar, or if not only a small bit of material would have to be removed.

The FEELS etd seems like a neater all purpose solution (no clearance issues etc.)

[IMG]http://www.reject.org/globl/100_0599.jpg[IMG]
The short bolt of the stock suspension and coils like Tanabe is worrying. If you violent wheelhop, you might strip the threads. The FEELS doesn't have the problem of the strut bar, but you will have to bend the O2 sensor mounting bracket to fit it on like how EuroAccord13 found out.

Chris_F
10-07-2007, 07:53 PM
The short bolt of the stock suspension and coils like Tanabe is worrying. If you violent wheelhop, you might strip the threads. The FEELS doesn't have the problem of the strut bar, but you will have to bend the O2 sensor mounting bracket to fit it on like how EuroAccord13 found out.

There's clearance issues everywhere. Is mounting the 02 sensor bracket a non-issue?

aaronng
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Just bend the bracket out, fit the mount and then bend it back into place.

Euro76
10-07-2007, 09:24 PM
I used to know all the car modification parts but now forgotten, what's this engine torque damer do? Is it the same as engine damper?

fatfish
10-07-2007, 11:24 PM
With 2 ETDs, you can use softer rubber bushings instead of the hard poly bushings that you would need if you used only 1 ETD.

what if we with 2 ETDs will it decrease the virbation go through into the car. will we be able maintain the comfort like the stock car, still have use of ETD.
just wondering anyone can comfirm Feels etd is on the left or right side of engine bay. for example ingalls etd is on the right of engine bay. what about feels?

aaronng
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
what if we with 2 ETDs will it decrease the virbation go through into the car. will we be able maintain the comfort like the stock car, still have use of ETD.
just wondering anyone can comfirm Feels etd is on the left or right side of engine bay. for example ingalls etd is on the right of engine bay. what about feels?

If you use 2 ETDs with soft rubber, it will have less vibration than 1 damper with hard poly bushings. JTso on tsx.acurazine is running 3 ETDs.

The FEELS ETD goes behind the engine. Near the middle.

EuroAccord13
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
There is a difference between the o2 sensor bracket on the 04 Euro and the 06..

The 06 02 sensor is in the way of the bracket, as for the 04, you can bend the o2 sensor bracket out first, install the ETD bracket and then bend the o2 sensor bracket back again....

Chris_F
10-07-2007, 11:57 PM
hmm if you ever get a chance could you take a picture of what needs to be bent?

also - does anyone have an opinion on the mounting location of the Ingalls and FEELS etd. Which do you think would be more effective?

EuroAccord13
11-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure if this photo I took is good enough, but you can "at least" see that the o2 sensor is not really in the way of the bracket that goes to the engine, the 02 sensor wires have some slack that you can also bend the bracket further away from ETD bracket so as not to accidentally crush the wires...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/ETD/o2Sensor.jpg

aaronng
11-07-2007, 12:10 AM
The FEELS one will undergo less stress because it is mounted closer to the fulcrum point.

The Ingalls one might bend like what happened to JTso's original design.

Chris_F
11-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure if this photo I took is good enough, but you can "at least" see that the o2 sensor is not really in the way of the bracket that goes to the engine, the 02 sensor wires have some slack that you can also bend the bracket further away from ETD bracket so as not to accidentally crush the wires...

Thanks for that I think I'm on top of it now - I can also see what you mean by "bare skin" it's not even red. Was it a difficult install?

Aaronn, does that mean the FEELS etd would be more or less effective at stopping engine movement?

fatfish
11-07-2007, 12:35 AM
The Ingalls jsracing spoon and JTso's original design are mounted on the same loaction. only the feels different

EuroAccord13
11-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks for that I think I'm on top of it now - I can also see what you mean by "bare skin" it's not even red. Was it a difficult install?

Aaronn, does that mean the FEELS etd would be more or less effective at stopping engine movement?

Took me just under an hour....

aaronng
11-07-2007, 03:23 AM
The Feels one will be more effective. Sometimes TOO effective. :)

EuroAccord13
11-07-2007, 06:00 AM
The Feels one will be more effective. Sometimes TOO effective. :)

As long as you can live with the increased cabin vibration..... :)

But on a lighter note, it's only vibrating when the car is idling :)

Chris_F
11-07-2007, 11:26 AM
thanks for all the info guys, looks like I'll pick up the FEELS unit. It should really help with the movement in my exhaust system (the j's exhaust loves to move around)

JasonGilholme
11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
a flex pipe would fix that.

If you like your comfy ride then a ETD or stiffer engine mounts ARE NOT for you.

aaronng
11-07-2007, 12:39 PM

If you like your comfy ride then a ETD or stiffer engine mounts ARE NOT for you.

ETDs were made to give a more comfortable ride than solid engine mounts. The FEELS one comes with poly bushings, unlike the US-made NRG dampers which come with spare rubber bushings in case you want it soft.

JasonGilholme
11-07-2007, 12:47 PM
still doesn't change the fact that you get cabin vibes with either choice.

Chris_F
11-07-2007, 01:35 PM

thanks for the suggestion but my header looks like this:

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/2725/maxim47os.jpg

extra cabin vibrations/ and reduced comfort are also of little concern to me - quite a few members are happy with the FEELS etd, I should be too.

aaronng
11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
^^ LOL, showing off your bling bling. ;)

Before you put on the FEELS ETD, go to a hardware store and pick up some rubber bushings that are the same size as the poly ones as the in the FEELS damper. I think even rubber bushings will be enough to stop engine movement for the FEELS design.

Chris_F
11-07-2007, 01:59 PM
well the only time you can see it is when its off the car lol

sounds like a good idea on the bushings.

badthing
30-07-2007, 09:01 AM
I installed The J's Racing ETD yesterday & went for a test drive. There was definitely increased cabin vibration at idle bordering on uncomfy. After a while, I noticed a clattering sound coming from under the bonnet whenever I stopped at the lights. Any way I can fix this?

mugen88
30-07-2007, 09:30 AM
I installed The J's Racing ETD yesterday & went for a test drive. There was definitely increased cabin vibration at idle bordering on uncomfy. After a while, I noticed a clattering sound coming from under the bonnet whenever I stopped at the lights. Any way I can fix this?

Can you take a photo of it installed.

Does it line up straight installed or is it like the spoon one that sits on a angle as they are made for a CL7 with a K20 engine?

badthing
30-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Can you take a photo of it installed.

Does it line up straight installed or is it like the spoon one that sits on a angle as they are made for a CL7 with a K20 engine?

It lines up straight almost touching the edge of the engine rocker cover.
I'll take a pic when I get home.

Chris_F
30-07-2007, 12:23 PM
sounds like the torque damper is bumping against something

badthing
30-07-2007, 12:44 PM
sounds like the torque damper is bumping against something

Yea I thought so too, but I assure you it's not. I popped open the hood while it was in idle & making the noise and I looked at the damper & it wasnt hitting anything. Is it possible I tightened the bolts too much?

mugen88
30-07-2007, 01:14 PM
There might be movement under acceleration which is causing the noise.

This might be slight but enough to be heard.

Does the J's one sit like the Spoon one pictured, as you can see it does not sit straight on a CL9/K24 as they were made for a CL7/K20, which is a smaller engine in size.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3091/spoonetdoz5.jpg

badthing
30-07-2007, 01:38 PM

Does the J's one sit like the Spoon one pictured, as you can see it does not sit straight on a CL9/K24 as they were made for a CL7/K20, which is a smaller engine in size.

yea, very similar to that!

tony1234
30-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Try adjusting the damping on it(the gold coloured bits).i'm not sure which way makes it firmer or softer,you'll have to experiment. Sorry,just realised pis are of Spoon one.Hopefully yours is same/similar with adjustable damping.

badthing
30-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh, didn't know that's the adjustable bit. I might have made it really firm. Will try again. Thanks Tony.

Suntzu
31-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Im really wondering of the real world benefits of this. I dunno. Like to see some definative comments from a few users first.

h1coupe
07-08-2007, 11:30 AM

the damper is not that way cause of difference in engine size. itīs cause the euro has a hydraulic steering(most that run the damper have electric so no line running there) and the line runs in way of the damper, also the abs lines are somewhat in the way also I believe. but mainly itīs cause of the powersteering line.

if there is a difference in the size of the k20 and k24 then itīs a few millimeters in block height.

I bought the Feelīs damper only to sadly find out that it doesnīt fit right hand drive cars, hugely expensive mistake now have the damper sitting here doing no good:( . but just ordered the Ingallīs one and canīt wait to see how it works:)

h1coupe
07-08-2007, 11:34 AM
If you use 2 ETDs with soft rubber, it will have less vibration than 1 damper with hard poly bushings. JTso on tsx.acurazine is running 3 ETDs.

The FEELS ETD goes behind the engine. Near the middle.

JTso is not running three. he has 2. he started with what he calls v1, then upgraded that one to v2(different bracket) and is now running a second v3 that bolts underneath to a transmission bolt and to the frame under the engine, he states that that one does not have any vibrating affect cause of where it is mounted?

h1coupe
07-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Im really wondering of the real world benefits of this. I dunno. Like to see some definative comments from a few users first.

it should greatly reduce wheel hop under hard acceleration. which is why I am going with this mod:)

there are some other benefits, but wheel hop is what I am looking to reduce.

Pumped
07-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Id love to reduce Wheel hop but dont want to do so at the expense of increased cabin vibration, look forward to hearing some feedback on the Ingalls ETD

Also, where is best to order the Ingalls ETD?

aaronng
07-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I bought the Feelīs damper only to sadly find out that it doesnīt fit right hand drive cars, hugely expensive mistake now have the damper sitting here doing no good:( . but just ordered the Ingallīs one and canīt wait to see how it works:)

We have a few guys here running the Feel's in our RHD car. Why doesn't it fit yours?

aaronng
07-08-2007, 11:51 AM
JTso is not running three. he has 2. he started with what he calls v1, then upgraded that one to v2(different bracket) and is now running a second v3 that bolts underneath to a transmission bolt and to the frame under the engine, he states that that one does not have any vibrating affect cause of where it is mounted?

Thought he was going to get the Feel's one to add to his collection. :)

h1coupe
08-08-2007, 05:20 AM
We have a few guys here running the Feel's in our RHD car. Why doesn't it fit yours?

sorry meant to say left hand drive:o

badthing
27-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Apparently, one of the bolts was not torqued enough and was causing the excess vibrations. It started hitting the side of the engine cover (the source of the clattering sound). There's now a dent there :(

On a good note, after tightening, there's about 1cm clearance from the engine cover now & much less vibration at idle.

h1coupe
27-08-2007, 07:31 PM
that´s good to hear:)

Pumped
29-08-2007, 10:58 AM
I got the Ingalls ETD in the mail yesterday,
If anyones interested i'll post up some photos and give a short review once its installed. Should be this weekend

badthing
29-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I got the Ingalls ETD in the mail yesterday,
If anyones interested i'll post up some photos and give a short review once its installed. Should be this weekend

I'll be interested to read your review of Ingalls. I've got J's Racing installed & only a small increase in vibration is noticeable at idle. It's certainly not uncomfortable.

Before the install if you can, go for a drive & pay attention to the engine sound. Compare it with after the install. With the ETD, I noticed the engine in my car now sounds more "aggressive" on WOT.

EuroAccord13
29-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I have the Feel's unit, I'll go to Aaron's place to pick up one and see if 2 ETDs makes a difference....

tony1234
29-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Hmmm.I wonder if this is worthwhile doing if you have no engine mods?

mugen88
29-08-2007, 05:35 PM
I have the Feel's unit, I'll go to Aaron's place to pick up one and see if 2 ETDs makes a difference....

Make sure you look after that ETD!!! :D

EuroAccord13
29-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Make sure you look after that ETD!!! :D

I'll try your one then :D :D :D.. Besides, you're gonna have to pick it up from me anyway LOLOLOLOL!

EuroAccord13
31-08-2007, 02:47 AM
I decided not to try out MUGEN88's Ingalls ETD because it's not worth my time dropping the driver side suspension just to try it out for a few days, I'll install it straight to MUGEN88's car instead.....

mugen88
31-08-2007, 06:43 AM
I decided not to try out MUGEN88's Ingalls ETD because it's not worth my time dropping the passenger side suspension just to try it out for a few days, I'll install it straight to MUGEN88's car instead.....

I think I'm gonna have a problem as the guys in the U.S report that it is not compatible with UR pulleys without grinding a bit of the bracket that sits near the pulleys. There is also issues with the brackets touching and rubbibing against the inner hood liner and AC lines of 2006 Euro's onwards.

However it seems that 2003-2005 Euro's may be ok as this was the development model used and there may be slight differences with Euro's 2006 onwards.

Ingalls in the U.S are aware of the problem and I believe are working on it but this is gonna be a while I think.

Damm. :(

h1coupe
31-08-2007, 09:49 AM
so I just bought another etd that doesn´t work?:(

mugen88
31-08-2007, 09:54 AM
so I just bought another etd that doesnīt work?:(

Have you tried it yet it, you might be ok as you dont have UR pulleys.

I might take a closer look at it over the weekend.

EuroAccord13
31-08-2007, 06:35 PM
UPDATE:

Well those with UR pulleys will have clearance issues....

So I tried on mine, there were no clearance issues on the stock pulleys... BUT... The bracket that goes on the suspension mount is rubbing badly against the AC line, a fair bit of cutting will be required to clear the AC line..

Right now, I guess is wait and see what/how Ingalls will resolve this issue.

Pumped
01-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Mine fits fine, no rubbing, no troubles

Pumped
02-09-2007, 05:47 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1745/smallfk2.jpg

EuroAccord13
02-09-2007, 05:49 PM
It's good to hear that you got it on without any issues..

I'll wait for Aaron to come back and see if there are any issues with the AC lines on his car...

P.S... A bigger photo would be nice :)

aaronng
02-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Tomorrow tomorrow... I'll be back tomorrow.......... :D

I can't drop my suspension though, will have to remove the stock puny strut bar to put the bracket on.

CL9-K24A3
02-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi, guys i dont know whether my question already been covered before or not.i have a question, for Engine Torque Damper is it gonna has an effect on an AUTOMATIC Accord Euro??because some of my friend said that its not gonna effect anything in Automatic Euro.is it easy to do an instalment??

Thx guys!

aaronng
03-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Not much point putting it on an auto Euro because the torque convertor smooths things out that you don't experience wheelhop when accelerating hard in the wet or when changing gears. So put your money in to other mods instead. :)

CL9-K24A3
03-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Not much point putting it on an auto Euro because the torque convertor smooths things out that you don't experience wheelhop when accelerating hard in the wet or when changing gears. So put your money in to other mods instead. :)

yep, i think you got a point :p.thx aaronng!

Pumped
03-09-2007, 09:19 AM
It's good to hear that you got it on without any issues..

I'll wait for Aaron to come back and see if there are any issues with the AC lines on his car...

P.S... A bigger photo would be nice :)

I'll try post up some more pictures tonight, got pictures at various stages of the install :D

aaronng
03-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Read on the TSX forums, they also have the AC line issue, especially when they have a Cusco strut bar as the Cusco is already pushing the AC line down. One guy used a file and filled down the edge of the bracket to fit. I think this is what I will do since sending the ETD back to the states will cost heaps. I'll ask if they will send me a new bracket without needing me to return the old one when they get the fix out (which is supposedly in 1 week's time).

Anyway, the new design should fix the ABS and AC line problems. There is also a hood liner clearance problem, but I think they won't fix that but get us to grind it down instead.

Pumped
03-09-2007, 10:00 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9400/etd1nd5.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5352/etd2xm7.jpg

mugen88
03-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Can you take some shots clearly showing the clearance of the AC lines with the upper bracket and the clearance with the lower bracket against the ABS module.

EuroAccord13
03-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes please take some photos of the clearance between the AC lines, ABS module and the pulley.. It will help give me an idea of how much to grind... :)

Cranial
13-09-2007, 09:31 AM
I've just installed the J's Racing damper (and a host of other stuff), and although I can feel the car is vibrating slightly more, I can also now hear the engine louder in the cabin. Is that normal?

aaronng
13-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I've just installed the J's Racing damper (and a host of other stuff), and although I can feel the car is vibrating slightly more, I can also now hear the engine louder in the cabin. Is that normal?

Yup, that's normal.

EUR003act
11-10-2007, 10:03 PM
does anyone have a link to a trader or seller of the Ingalls ETD?

aaronng
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Excelerate at tsx.acurazine.com forums, or http://www.excelerateperformance.com

EUR003act
14-10-2007, 10:51 PM
thanks aaronng...

did anyone find out whether it is compatible with UR pulleys?

ive just brought the pulleys (should get this week) and i dont want to order the ETD if it wont fit (obviously!!!)...

thanks

aaronng
15-10-2007, 12:55 AM
You have to grind down the bracket(s). Read this to see the potential issue (read every page starting from this one): http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38654&page=16&pp=25

EUR003act
16-10-2007, 08:28 AM
thanks for that aaronng, i knew you'd be the one replying :D

i purchased one off the guy today that had been returned because of some of those issues, im not too worried thro, i can make it fit, im not affraid of alittle bit of modding.... plus i got it for AUD$126 landed at my doorstep! :D

thanks again

Suntzu
16-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Im not hearing of any tangible benefits of the ETD as yet. Can anyone post any definitive medium term results ?

tony1234
16-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Im not hearing of any tangible benefits of the ETD as yet. Can anyone post any definitive medium term results ?
Me too. I'd be interested to know.:)

Pumped
16-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Ive had mine in for a while now,
I guess the main benefit is less wheel hop if your trying to launch your car, that being said it doesnt completely eliminate hop just makes it less occurent.

also, it might just be in my head but theres a slight improvement of engine pick up when your foots put down, feels more direct.

There is increased Cabin vibration though, and low speed 1st gear driving can create rather harsh vibration in the cabin.

Cranial
16-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I agree with the above. Since having it on, I do notice that wheel hop is less - but since I don't drive my car that hard, the added noise and vibration is making me think twice about whether or not to uninstall the ETD - since I enjoy a nice quiet cabin!

mugen88
16-10-2007, 10:26 AM
The benifits are less noticable wheel hop and vibration can be reduced or elimated by adjusting the ETD to a softer setting.

The pick up feel is more direct when the ETD is set to a stiffer setting, just play around with it to find your best compromise.

EuroAccord13
16-10-2007, 10:43 AM
For the ETD, I had to grind a fair bit off both brackets to fit the unit... I should have some photos of them... I'll post them up when I find it...

aaronng
16-10-2007, 12:20 PM

Don't even need to wait medium term.

Pros - No more wheelhop. You only get wheelspin now.
Cons - Cabin vibration at idle and A/C on.

aaronng
16-10-2007, 12:26 PM
There is increased Cabin vibration though, and low speed 1st gear driving can create rather harsh vibration in the cabin.

Is yours the Ingalls or Feels? I don't get the 1st gear low speed vibration. I have my damper set to 13mm.

Pumped
16-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Ive got the Ingalls ETD, i'll try adjusting it, might be set to harsh

Suntzu
16-10-2007, 02:42 PM
I dont get "wheel hop" my launches are very smooth. Must be my skill+suspension tune+tyres.

aaronng
16-10-2007, 02:56 PM
I dont get "wheel hop" my launches are very smooth. Must be my skill+suspension tune+tyres.

Probably the tyres, or maybe you are slipping the clutch more than us.

EUR003act
16-10-2007, 10:58 PM
im only buying it for the bling :p

aaronng
19-10-2007, 08:15 PM
im only buying it for the bling :p

Next thing to do would be to respray your rocker and intake manifold covers. :thumbsup:

EuroAccord13
19-10-2007, 09:56 PM
And put diamonds on your rims to make it more bling bling too...

I found the photos of the modifications I did to the Ingalls brackets.. I'll post it up soon!

EUR003act
19-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Next thing to do would be to respray your rocker and intake manifold covers. :thumbsup:

lol way ahead of you there - ordered the DC5R red rocker cover and spark plug cover last week :)

once everything is installed ill have to post pics too :p

aaronng
19-10-2007, 10:23 PM
lol way ahead of you there - ordered the DC5R red rocker cover and spark plug cover last week :)

once everything is installed ill have to post pics too :p
Haha, you're much richer than me then. My EDFC costed much less than even just your rocker cover.

EUR003act
19-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Haha, you're much richer than me then. My EDFC costed much less than even just your rocker cover.

lol ill be eating baked beans on toast for the next 3months ill tell you that much lol :(

quick question - to change the valve/rocker cover, i dont need to drain the oil or anything? just straight un bolt and swap over?

cheers

aaronng
20-10-2007, 12:30 AM
lol ill be eating baked beans on toast for the next 3months ill tell you that much lol :(

quick question - to change the valve/rocker cover, i dont need to drain the oil or anything? just straight un bolt and swap over?

cheers
You don't need to drain the oil. But make sure that the gasket is still fine and get some RTV blue gasket sealant just in case you need it. You realise you have to remove the ignition coil packs too? Not sure if you have to remove the spark plugs. I'll check.

Edit: You don't need to remove the spark plugs, just the coil packs. Here are the instructions just in case:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/779/rockercoverub3.jpg

EuroAccord13
20-10-2007, 12:37 PM
These are the modifications I made before I sprayed the brackets black to clear the pulley, ABS module, aircon lines and bonnet issues...

There are still issues with the bonnet lining but I cannot afford to grind anymore down...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/Ingalls/IMG_1448w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/Ingalls/IMG_1445w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/Ingalls/IMG_1444w.jpg

The cut for the bracket that sits on the sussy tower is angled as well to clear the AC lines...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/Ingalls/IMG_1447w.jpg

Chris_F
20-10-2007, 12:44 PM
all of a sudden, the FEELS etd seems like a no brainer :P

EUR003act
20-10-2007, 09:46 PM
You don't need to drain the oil. But make sure that the gasket is still fine and get some RTV blue gasket sealant just in case you need it. You realise you have to remove the ignition coil packs too? Not sure if you have to remove the spark plugs. I'll check.

Edit: You don't need to remove the spark plugs, just the coil packs. Here are the instructions just in case:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/779/rockercoverub3.jpg

which ones are the coil packs? im guessing theyre the 4 black smooth things attatched to the cover?

how will i know if i need the blue RTV gasket sealant?

thanks again

aaronng
20-10-2007, 10:34 PM
which ones are the coil packs? im guessing theyre the 4 black smooth things attatched to the cover?

how will i know if i need the blue RTV gasket sealant?

thanks again

Yup, it's the 4 black things under the spark plug cover.

And yeah, you should get the gasket sealant. Seems that you need to use it on certain points of the head. Here are the installation instructions: http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5043/rockerinstallcd5.jpg (291kB)

EUR003act
21-10-2007, 04:50 PM
thanks aaronng, ill let you know how it goes later in the week :D

aaronng
21-10-2007, 07:30 PM
No problem. Now back on topic. :)

EUR003act
01-11-2007, 08:50 PM
ingalls etd installed!

im guessing its normal to have alot more "engine noise" in the cabin now? i dont know how to explain it, kind of like i slight whine... im guessing its just the noise travelling through the chassis now?

looks sweet!

aaronng
01-11-2007, 09:10 PM
ingalls etd installed!

im guessing its normal to have alot more "engine noise" in the cabin now? i dont know how to explain it, kind of like i slight whine... im guessing its just the noise travelling through the chassis now?

looks sweet!
Yup, I got a whine that is very obvious in 1st gear as well. I guess your chassis now acts as an amplifier for engine noise.

EUR003act
01-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Yup, I got a whine that is very obvious in 1st gear as well. I guess your chassis now acts as an amplifier for engine noise.

haha we think alike... just wanted to make sure i wasnt the only one...

E-Gene
19-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Thought that I will revive this thread seeing that I just bought the ETD from Pumped and just took the car for a drive.

Pros:
You definitely feel an improvement in the response of the throttle. I do feel like the car is quicker of the mark and less sluggish. And it looks good!

Cons:
It's not so much the noise in the cabin that bugs me but the vibrations. You feel everywhere, from the steering wheel to the dash and to the seats. There's also a knocking sound from the engine bay that I think is coming from the ETD knocking the a/c pipes. There's too little of a clearance from the ETD and the a/c pipes.

Verdict?
Don't know if I'll keep it on the car, or should I say, don't know if the wife will let me keep it on the car if it's going to be that noticable in the cabin, but will give the damper a tweak and see if it gets better.

WIL70S
20-06-2008, 02:01 AM
this is really noob, but what does a torque damper do?

aaronng
20-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Cons:
It's not so much the noise in the cabin that bugs me but the vibrations. You feel everywhere, from the steering wheel to the dash and to the seats. There's also a knocking sound from the engine bay that I think is coming from the ETD knocking the a/c pipes. There's too little of a clearance from the ETD and the a/c pipes.

The ETD is a compromised version of solid engine mounts. Once you ride in a car with solid engine mounts, you will realise how comfortable the ETD is. Yes, I have the vibrations too.

Crapdaz
20-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Thought that I will revive this thread seeing that I just bought the ETD from Pumped and just took the car for a drive.

Pros:
You definitely feel an improvement in the response of the throttle. I do feel like the car is quicker of the mark and less sluggish. And it looks good!

Cons:

Verdict?
Don't know if I'll keep it on the car, or should I say, don't know if the wife will let me keep it on the car if it's going to be that noticable in the cabin, but will give the damper a tweak and see if it gets better.

how did you have knocking on the the AC lines?
the only problem on mine is that the brakelines were in the way of the chassis/etd bracket side bolt so i added rubber hoses on the brakeline to reduce stress.

damn i duno why but i don't feel too much of an increase in vibration, it is noticeable though compared to stock.

aaronng
20-06-2008, 10:20 AM
how did you have knocking on the the AC lines?
the only problem on mine is that the brakelines were in the way of the chassis/etd bracket side bolt so i added rubber hoses on the brakeline to reduce stress.

damn i duno why but i don't feel too much of an increase in vibration, it is noticeable though compared to stock.
There is a lot of variation in the A/C lines and brake lines as they are bent and assembled by hand. Take 2 Euros and it is very likely that the AC and brake lines are routed with slight differences. I have seen one Euro that could not fit on the Cusco strut bar no matter how we moved the A/C line. We had to grind down the Cusco's mount.

Crapdaz
20-06-2008, 10:35 AM
There is a lot of variation in the A/C lines and brake lines as they are bent and assembled by hand. Take 2 Euros and it is very likely that the AC and brake lines are routed with slight differences. I have seen one Euro that could not fit on the Cusco strut bar no matter how we moved the A/C line. We had to grind down the Cusco's mount.

i am on the verge of ginding my cusco a tad.

its slightly touching AC lines a bit, readjusted the best i could by loosening the two brackets so there is a slight gap. But my brakelines were slightly more annoying.

Pumped
20-06-2008, 10:57 AM
It is possible to adjust the installation of the ETD to reduce vibrations, i found at some stages vibration was quite bad and start up caused a shake through the car, adjusted slightly and it reduced it dramatically

Also found good clearance with the A/C lines etc in my euro :( they must all be slightly different as mentioned by aaron

Crapdaz
20-06-2008, 12:21 PM
It is possible to adjust the installation of the ETD to reduce vibrations, i found at some stages vibration was quite bad and start up caused a shake through the car, adjusted slightly and it reduced it dramatically

Also found good clearance with the A/C lines etc in my euro :( they must all be slightly different as mentioned by aaron

what setting are you running on yours?

i am running stock which it came in, the length is 14mm softest. the maximum setting is 10mm.

aaronng
20-06-2008, 12:58 PM

I actually had to grind down 1.5cm worth of metal off the Ingalls bracket to clear my A/C lines!

Crapdaz
20-06-2008, 01:12 PM
bummer, i had to grind the side of the bracket cause it wouldnt have cleared the UR pulleys.
otherside on the chassis wasnt too bad only had to take precaution of the brakelines.

but yeh i'll see how it goes.
damn the ETD restricts you from removing the chassis to engine mount gounding wire cause its so phat.
unless you remove it or you have a slim socket extension.

btw aaron are you running the etd at the stiffest setting or softest?

E-Gene
20-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Did some re-adjustments to ETD and made it a little softer and now the knocking sounds are gone. Unfortunately it isn't as responsive as before cos it's softer. It's really a trial and error exercise to get it right.

Definitely thinking about grinding the plate a little to clear the a/c lines, damn, taking it out is going to be a pain.

aaronng
20-06-2008, 09:13 PM
bummer, i had to grind the side of the bracket cause it wouldnt have cleared the UR pulleys.
otherside on the chassis wasnt too bad only had to take precaution of the brakelines.

but yeh i'll see how it goes.
damn the ETD restricts you from removing the chassis to engine mount gounding wire cause its so phat.
unless you remove it or you have a slim socket extension.

btw aaron are you running the etd at the stiffest setting or softest?

I left that grounding wire intact because it was good. You can always take the damper off and then take the engine mount bracket off to get at the ground wire.

I'm using 13mm.

sodaz
28-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm thinking of fitting one of these to my car and I've got UR pulleys installed. What damper & brackets do I need to get to ensure it fits?

EUR003act
28-10-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm thinking of fitting one of these to my car and I've got UR pulleys installed. What damper & brackets do I need to get to ensure it fits?

lol crazy revive here :)

I ran the Ingalls ETD in my car (i think?) along with UR pulleys, youll face the same issue whether or not your running stock pulleys, AC compressor and lines rub against the bracket, solution = cut bracket back a bit

aaronng
29-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Yeah, time to break out the dremel. Just got a 2nd ingalls ETD kit just to replace the damper! About the same price compared to buying the damper unit on its own.

sodaz
29-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Dang that doesn't sound like an easy install at all. It'll take a fair bit of trial and error to get it right then.

racerwannabe
30-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Dang that doesn't sound like an easy install at all. It'll take a fair bit of trial and error to get it right then.

Yeah it is but if you know this before hand then it's not so pita. I didnt until i realised there was some rubbing with the AC lines. Take your time and dont rush it.

EUR003act
31-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah it is but if you know this before hand then it's not so pita. I didnt until i realised there was some rubbing with the AC lines. Take your time and dont rush it.

Well said!

I have permanent chaffing on my AC lines because i didnt realise :(