PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Alarm

TypeG
14-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Does anyone got one exclude the one from the dealer?
I just wonder if it is possible to install one outside using my factory kit c/l button to arm and disarm the alarm....

wyl03
14-07-2004, 01:53 PM
ah hah .. the question i've always been meaning to ask :D

still wondering if i should fit an alarm on the jazz. currently it has a Click-it steering lock :)

Jus-10
14-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Alarms don't do sh*t so don't waste your money. If someone wants to break and steal stuff, or the car, they will....

The car already has an immobliser so leave it at that. Anything else would just be for your own personal satisfaction, but will give you a false sense of security.

If you are that worried, get a GPS tracking system, that way the car will actually be monitored rather than just producing loud noises that p*ss people off more than anything.

TypeG
14-07-2004, 02:35 PM
but for the LOUD noise may stop people to steal as MUCH as they can inside the car coz I always bark in undercover car park
also I going to wire a mp3 HU so it will very easy to access and taken away.
=(

Jus-10
14-07-2004, 03:00 PM
I can't think of the number of times I have set off alarms with my exhaust or whatever and no one even blinks an eye-lid.

No one cares these days because the alarms are always going off for no reason. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

I see you having 2 problems....if the car park is always quiet, then no one will be there to hear it. If it is always busy, then see my point above. Unless you can hear the alarm yourself (and react yourself), I don't see any point.

I seriously believe they offer a false sense of security.

Just make sure the MP3 install is descreet (so it can't be seen from outside) and don't leave things of value lying around in the car.

That is probably your best defense and it costs you nothing.

TypeG
18-07-2004, 11:02 PM
I got my car fit an upgrade kit which specially make for Honda which I can still using my key's buttons to arm and disarm the alarm for $500 installed.
I know sone of you may think it is useless but for someone who think they need it. You can contact me for supply or supply and fitted(in Melbourne).

wyl03
19-07-2004, 09:59 AM
TypeG - do u have any contact in Sydney? otherwise .. can u PM me the brand/model? thanks :)

Sp00n
19-07-2004, 01:58 PM
yeah... me too eh?

TypeG
19-07-2004, 03:20 PM
I dunno the brand and model but i can ask for u.

wynode
19-07-2004, 03:30 PM
I'd rather have an alarm that goes off and people look in the direction of my car, rather than having nothing if/when someone is trying to steal it.

If someone wants to steal your car very badly they will......its just a matter of delaying/deterring them as best as possible.

TypeG
19-07-2004, 11:13 PM
The brand is Zulas alarm which is speciic on building upgrade kit.
This brand do appear in US market as well.
If anyone who want to get one, just PM me.
I am non-profit maker but just want to help ppl out instead of rip off by HONDA
lol