PDA

View Full Version : Jazz comments

Kit
14-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a brand new jazz...
all you jazz owners out there, i'm after opinions and experiences on stuff like:

- faults
- strengths
- weaknesses
- maintenance

or any other comments you may have

thanks
Chris

Jus-10
14-07-2004, 04:42 PM
OK here are my thoughts on the VTi (1.5 vtec). I have about 6,500kms on it and bought it new in December 2003:

Faults -
None that I have encountered yet. no problems with fit and finish and no other niggling little problems really except for a creak that developed at about 2,000kms when I go over speed humps. Apart from that I still don't have any rattles.

Strengths -
Extremely versatile and roomy. There is no problem with fitting 4 adults in the car. With the rear seats folded you have a massive carrying space! The engine is IMO very under-rated. It offers very adequate performance and I have scared/surprised many other high performance car owners. The manual is light and has a good smooth feel to it. It's p*ss easy to drive. The fuel economy is astounding even when revving in to vtec frequently. I will get an easy 600km from mainly city driving and it costs about $35 to fill it up! The stock stereo is pretty decent for a budget car. The safety features a good with dual airbags, abs with ebd and all that crap. There is a heap of aftermarket support if you can get patrs in from Japan.

Weaknesses -
The electric power steering is a bit too light and vague. It is my one biggest problem with the car, but you do get used to it. It makes for very easy driving/parking. In fact that would be one of the only real weaknesses I have come across. The stock suspension and tyres on the VTi could do with improvement but if you want a stock city cruiser they are satisfactory.

Maintenance -
Costs me a bit to get it serviced at a Honda dealer (but don't most Hondas?) considering what they actually do, but where I go, they know their sh*t so that's the price I pay (plus they are just up the road from me).

Seriously, I know I have said it before around this forum, but it is a top little car and for the money I don't think you can do much better. In this price bracket I would only consider the Mazda2 an option as it is probably on par, but it just doesn't do it for me for some reason.

I truly am impressed with this little car (remember I came from a 4 month old BMW) and love getting in it every time. It is comfortable, practical, discreet, versatile and well put together.

Hope that helps.

J

petrovski
14-07-2004, 04:45 PM
hey kit,

from my experience maintennance has been easy as!!! all i do is get it serviced whenever honda says so. :wink:

strengths - its very easy to park in very tight spaces and cheap to run.

i dont know about weaknesses or strengths for that matter - what are you comparing it to??

as for faults ive only ever had one problem and that was honda didnt wire up my towbar properly and the light circuit blew a couple of times but they fixed that when i whinged to them!

yeah good little car is all ive got 8)

are you after the manual or 7spd?

Pete :)

ps justin - you get 600km to a tank???? :shock: im lucky to get 500 with the fuel light!

Kit
14-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks Jus-10, very informative.
I thought the jazz was a pretty good car, but i just needed to hear it from some owners..
I would much prefer the jazz over the mazda 2.. Ive been in one before, and everything in the interior is a plastic/rubber type material, right down to the gearknob and steering wheel! and once that rubber gets dirty, you cant clean it, as was seen on the one i sat in. it didnt help that it was all beige too, and you could see the markings on the steering wheel and gearknob from wehre the driver put his hands!

petrovski, probably after the VTI-S auto. I drove both the auto and the manual, and i coudlnt believe how good the CVT transmission was. I've always preferred manual cars, but this is one car that should be bought as an auto i reckon. The CVT transmission should also mean that the car is faster off the line and more fuel economical.

wyl03
14-07-2004, 06:00 PM
my $0.02 after owning the car for a mth :D :

Pro's;
- handy space as mentioned above - i can manipulate the chairs to make sure my wife + my schnauzer sit snugly :D
- mileage - easily 600km on a full tank. i scrutinise my weekly mileage closely. i'm convinced the Jazz fuel gauge is on the conservative side. even when it's in the "red" zone, it can go for at least another 50km! and yes, u get even better mileage on the CVT.
- fully equip - ABS, SRS, EBD, ESP, cd player, a/c - so even though it's more expensive than its competitors, u don't have to pay for any equipment
- CD players pretty reasonable
- very nippy car, good for city driving .. can't wait to see how it runs at OPH

Con's:
- torque profile VERY different to euro cars .. (not that it's a bad thing, u just have to get use to it)
- not too happy with the headlights (strong for 50 metres or so and pretty much nothing beyond that?? or is my car's set-up?)
- spacesaver spare .. sigh ..

we thought about the mazda2. car-for-car, it's up there with the jazz. only thing was the better 2nd hand value with the Honda's. whether the 'H' badge deserves the high resale value or not is another matter, but that's the market perception. and i'm pretty sure there's good basis for that :)

had a look at Fiesta too. nice but nothing made it stand out. and u only get ABS if you get the AUTO. i guess manual drivers' lives are less precious.

was keen on the Polo's shape & form but it has almost identical kerb weight to Jazz (ie on the heavier side of super mini's) but only 55kw . .what's up with that??

206 was expensive and tight inside.

Sp00n
14-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I've only had my jazz for 3 weeks...
it's a manual.. but it's pretty zippy..
i've even tried to fit 4 skinny people in the back seat.. all bums on the seat (but very uncomfortable)
the boot's pretty decent for a car that size.. and it dun take too much fuel either.

the only negative i'd say is the steering which can be a little scary sometimes..
i almost had a bit of a moment in the carpark whilst turning pretty quick...

the funny thing is.. everyone who sits in the front passenger seat will have to touch the plastic in front of them and make a comment about it hehehehe.. (on the VTi-S that is)

anyways.. thats my little bit of input..
its better than any other car in that small car group...
(only cos it has [acronym:f2f8f32736="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:f2f8f32736]!!)

coladuna
15-07-2004, 01:00 AM
- fully equip - ABS, SRS, EBD, ESP, cd player, a/c - so even though it's more expensive than its competitors, u don't have to pay for any equipment

Jazz doesn't have ESP.

Pro: refined, relatively quiet cabin, build quality is excellent, nice interior
Con: rear seat is very uncomfortable as it's too upright. Also the seat base is very short, which means unless you are very short, you'll have very little thigh support.
Fitting drum brake on a top spec VTi-S is a joke too. Also, I find GLi and VTi to be too ugly. VTi-S looks much better thanks to the alloy wheels and bodykit.

coladuna
15-07-2004, 01:06 AM

My sister chose Citroen C2 over Jazz VTi-S.
Jazz was number 1 small car for me until I looked at C2.
The only downside I can think of is that it's slightly noisy in the cabin compared to Jazz and not as roomy and practical as Jazz.
Other than that, it's better equipped, better looking and handles better.
I'm a Honda men but I was converted very quickly.
Curious as to what will change when the new updated Jazz arrives later this year though.

wyl03
15-07-2004, 08:48 AM
-
Jazz doesn't have ESP.

oops .. sorry .. meant to type EPS! :oops:

but preference for VTI-S bodykit .. that's a personal matter :lol:
doesn't mean you are right .. doesn't mean you are wrong either, just depends on who you talk to.

have to agree about the rear brake drums tho' ... waiting for rear disks to come out.

wyl03
15-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Coladuna - what are the specs on the C2?
i saw 1 at neutral bay. it looked really nice.
it's 3-dr isn't it?

Jus-10
15-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Pete man have you ever filled up when the fuel light comes on? I used to do that until I realised I still had over 10 litres of fuel left in it!

Now look at you average fuel consumption...I am usually between 5 and 6 litres/100km, so that means I can get close to another 200km before I'm out....I have driven from Sydney to Richmond and back with the light on the whole time....

Next time you fill up, just make a note of how low your guage is and how much fuel goes in and you will slowly get used to how far you can go. I have had the guage about 3mm BELOW the empty mark and I still had a bout 4 litres left (still another 50-60km).

Does anyone have official fuel consumption specs for the 1.5 CVT and manual? I would have thought the CVT would be slightly higher than the manual as generally, CVTs are almost constantly in the meat of the torque curve thus using a bit more fuel. The pro for this is that you have virtually instantaneous response when you accelerate....

The manual is faster than the CVT as far as I am aware...

petrovski
15-07-2004, 10:36 AM
yeah i do and i do realise that i have 10 km left

between 5 - 6L/100km

i know that was quoted by honda but whoa!!

i must of got the faulty one off the line or the early edittion or something

i do have a slightly heavy right foot but wow

i get like anywhere between 6-7L/100km and on the occasion 7.2L/100km

i am confused :?

the other day i ran it at the lowest i ever had the fuel guage befor adn i had like 7L left and i had done about 510 km

next time i fill up i will drive conservatively the whole time and see what happens. The scary thing is most of my driving is highway driving :roll:

but at 110 the jazz is revving near 4000 i think (cant remeber exactly)

hmm will have to look into this

Pete :)

p.s. sorry for thread hijack :oops:

wyl03
15-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Specs below is from redbook (which i always take to be pretty accurate).
Looks like CVT is more efficient for city driving, on the paper. my weekly mileage is around 6.4L so that's pretty much on the dot.

VTI-S CVT
Fuel Consumption City 6L/100km
Fuel Consumption Highway 5.2L/100km

VTI-S Manual
Fuel Consumption City 6.4L/100km
Fuel Consumption Highway 5.2L/100km

coladuna
15-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Coladuna - what are the specs on the C2?
i saw 1 at neutral bay. it looked really nice.
it's 3-dr isn't it?

Yep, it's 3-door and quite a bit smaller than Jazz too.
Boot is a lot smaller too so if you are after a practical car, stick with Jazz.
Apprently, there's only 70 or so delivered in Australia due to the supply problem they are having.

Engine - 80kW or 83kW and 147Nm (Can't confirm which is correct figure. Every source says different things)
Transmission - 5 speed clutchless manual (they call it SensoDrive)
Some of the features I can think of are automatic headlight, wiper with rain sensor, 4 airbags, ABS, EBD, disc brakes all round, 16inch alloy wheel with low profile tyres, colour coded sports seats, 6 speaker CD player, climate control, front and rear fog lights, audio controls on steering stalk, electronic speed sensitive steering, trip computer, ventilated/chilled glove box etc....

Also, you can fold the rear seats much like Jazz although it's not as practical.
Anyway, equipment-wise, you won't find any car with more equipment than C2 for similar price.

The choice would've been much harder if we didn't know the Jazz was going to be updated. We didn't want to end up with a new car and soon find it to be outdated.
Also, service interval is 20,000km or 12 months, whichever is earlier. So even if it may cost a bit more to service, it'll actually even out or end up being cheaper because service interval is a lot longer.

Honda Australia had better make some good additions to the new Jazz's feature lists. I might buy one then as my first car. ( well the first car that i buy with my own money anyway)

Jus-10
15-07-2004, 12:02 PM
On the power steering side of things as sp00n said, you can have some 'interesting' moments in car parks.

I don't know if any of you guys have this problem, but have you noticed how sometimes it sort of takes a second to make up its mind what you are actually doing? (I'm talking about driving slowly around car parks, or parking the car, etc) Like sometimes it is heavy and then all of a sudden it realises you are turning and then it kicks in and the steering goes light? It's like it's got steering lag or something? but when it kicks in you can twirl the steering wheel from lock to lock with the ball of your hand no probs.

It isn't a problem when driving on the road...it just has no feel/communication.

Kit are you looking to buy soon, or are you going to sit it out for the update? What are you doing with the 200?

Kit
15-07-2004, 12:40 PM

My sister chose Citroen C2 over Jazz VTi-S.
Jazz was number 1 small car for me until I looked at C2.
The only downside I can think of is that it's slightly noisy in the cabin compared to Jazz and not as roomy and practical as Jazz.
Other than that, it's better equipped, better looking and handles better.
I'm a Honda men but I was converted very quickly.
Curious as to what will change when the new updated Jazz arrives later this year though.

have you had any problems with the C2 so far? I hope you got a good one, rather than a dud one.

I will NEVER buy a car from the smaller euro manufacturers (alfa, citreon, peugeot etc).. they are simply unreliable and their factory service departments are terrible. (speaking from experience).

Kit
15-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Kit are you looking to buy soon, or are you going to sit it out for the update? What are you doing with the 200?

I'm keeping the s15 :)

its actually for my gf, she is looking to buy a new car, and she is thinking about the Jazz, Euro Accord, and perhaps even the new A3

Jus-10
15-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Interesting collection of cars....so different!

Anything in particular that she is looking for to justify the difference in price between the Jazz and the Euro and A3?

Kit
15-07-2004, 01:53 PM
actually no, hahaha
Jazz is my suggestion. but she likes the euro and the a3

Kit
15-07-2004, 01:53 PM
hold on.. yes there is. she wants a sunroof!

coladuna
15-07-2004, 05:28 PM
have you had any problems with the C2 so far? I hope you got a good one, rather than a dud one.

Of course not. Not a single problem and loving it. I thought Jazz VTi-S was good looking car before, but C2 kills it in that department

I will NEVER buy a car from the smaller euro manufacturers (alfa, citreon, peugeot etc).. they are simply unreliable and their factory service departments are terrible. (speaking from experience).

Well, that's your personal experience. From my experience, Honda dealer service was as terrible as it gets and I never go to Honda dealer anymore to service my car. Also, it's a sort of myth that euro cars are unreliable. It's just that few people who have had problems telling everyone and blowing it out of proportion. If you heard some people talk, you'd think that if you bought an euro car, it'll break down every month or something. Although they have very small market share in Australia, both Citroen and Peugeot are one of the biggest selling car manufacturers in Europe and if they were indeed that unreliable constantly, they wouldn't sell so much of them there. They are not that cheap there either. C2 VTR is priced at slightly above 10,000 pound in UK, which ends up being similar to aussie price.

Also, you often hear people saying cars like BMW are not as reliable as cars like Honda. Sure, it may be true on a general basis, but my parents bought a BMW 3 series in late 97 and never had a single problem with it while my Honda Prelude had various problems in that same time.

Kit
15-07-2004, 08:16 PM
yeah, beemers, audis and mercs are OK

but i simply cannot say the same thing for Alfa, Peugeot and Citroen. Ask any 147/156, 206/307, Xsara owner out there in Sydney, and you'll know what I mean :)
quite a large % of the mentioned cars spend more time in the service department than on the road

lets just say i've spent alot of time on the phone with customer service managers and alot of time at service departments of a particular small european car manufacturer :)
Just the other day actually, i told the customer service manager at the said company that I thought a $15,000 hyundai was more reliable :)
regarding one of the cars mentioned earlier, I have not spoken to a single owner of one of them that hasn't had a problem with the car.

Kit
15-07-2004, 08:19 PM
colunda, i have to say tho, the citroen c2 is a great looking car :)

coladuna
15-07-2004, 09:20 PM
yeah, beemers, audis and mercs are OK

but i simply cannot say the same thing for Alfa, Peugeot and Citroen. Ask any 147/156, 206/307, Xsara owner out there in Sydney, and you'll know what I mean :)
quite a large % of the mentioned cars spend more time in the service department than on the road

I did hear that Alfas aren't very reliable.
Not so sure about Peugeot though. I had an impression that most people only had minor problems like rattles and stuff like that but nothing mechanical.
I did look at Xsara in the showroom before and I must say that the build quality was very different to the recent crop of Citroens. Well, Xsara was released "I don't know how many years" ago.
I guess I'm not in a position to say if the C2 will be reliable in the long term as we only had the car for about 3 weeks now. Well, fingers crossed that nothing will go wrong.

colunda, i have to say tho, the citroen c2 is a great looking car

I got to drive it around few times and every time I went out, I get people staring at the car. At a set of traffic light, a group of 3-4 girls crossed the road and started talking among themselves pointing at the car. I guess most people don't even know that this car exists. :lol: It certainly turns heads though. I can vouch for that. :D

Kit
15-07-2004, 09:52 PM
yeah funny that, its not just the reliability, but the build quality and fit and finish of those cars too. Quite a few of the pugs have dodgy paint from the factory, and rattling yeah, everyone knows about those.

I know of a certain car (make and model witheld) that has been towed back to the factory on average of once a month lol!

Jus-10
15-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Pfft...the big euros can be just as bad. I had mysterious electrical gremlins in my new BMW, then there is the problem with cracks appearing in the sub-frames of manual cars...hmmm. Spend a bit of time going through something like e46fanatics.com and see all the niggling and sometimes big problems that come up on a regular basis. It will make you think twice before handing over your hard-earned $$$.

The build quality of the smaller euro brands is questionable. My parents have a 156 selespeed...hello problems! But if you start sticking to a 20,000km service schedule on any car, you are going to be faced with reliability problems in the long run...

With dealer satisfaction, it is like everything. You get good and bad. Come to my Honda dealer for servicing and you'll be a-OK!

Kit
16-07-2004, 10:16 AM
which honda dealer is that?

i've been to trivett at parramatta over the years and thought they were pretty good. Nowdays only my mums CRV goes there, so I'm not sure if they are still good or not.

the other thing is, none of my own cars goto dealer servicing anymore, having your own mechanic you can trust is much better!

Jus-10
16-07-2004, 11:24 AM
I go to Larke Hoskins at Homebush....nice guys there and they actually seem to care and know what they're doing!

Kit
16-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Larke Hoskins in Homebush? are you serious? I haven't been happy with them at all in the past
the salesmen there are so cheezy too...

Jus-10
16-07-2004, 02:59 PM
The salesmen are friggen stupid....they wouldn't even let me have a test drive of a civic! Most aren't too familiar with the English language either...

The service department is better though, and the service manager is a good guy...had some pretty good conversations with him...

Kit
16-07-2004, 03:49 PM
mate one of the saleman there, (whom i have dealth with in the past as well and have come to the conclusion that he is full of sh!t), wouldn't even let me test drive the jazz! and we were serious about buying too

coladuna
16-07-2004, 04:07 PM
what a loser.
Don't even go there again.
People like that don't deserve your business.
Some idiots like that seem to think that they are doing US a favour when selling cars. They should be trying to impress the customer and win their business, not have "if you want to buy, but. if you don't want to, piss off" attitude.

If you were in Brisbane, I'd have recommended you to go to Southside Honda.
Well, you are not in Brisbane so.. :roll:
The people there are very caring and kind.
They are No.1 Honda dealer in Australia, so it speaks for itself.

slowcrx
17-07-2004, 02:18 AM
I'll also chip in a good word for the Trivett Honda guys - couple of months back, I just walked in there, looked like an idiot but they still threw me the keys to a brand spanker VTi manual. At the end, I've bought a Mini instead of the Jazz as it's a complete disappointment compared to what my EK hatch.

Things I liked about the Jazz - heaps of room, flexible rear seat arrangement, clear vision all round.

What I hated - the steering is feather weight (I thought the Civic was bad), the shift isn't too reassuring, the clutch feels too damn soft, heaps of bodyroll when I cornered (if you know the way behind Trivett, there's plenty of sharp corners for doing stupid things) and the engine is a bit of a disappointment.

(on a different note: what I hated in the Jazz is fixed up in the Mini while what I liked in the Jazz doesn't exist in the Mini)

Kit
18-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Slowcrx, let me know how the mini goes, I have heard many stories of things requiring warranty repairs on the mini... one of the reasons I'm not considering the jazz over the mini right now.

slowcrx
18-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Not sure if it's just me or not, all of my Euro cars comes with all sorts of headaches. The Mini so far had a airbag wiring problem but besides that, it's sweet. Other possible problems includes crack windscreen due to the stiff chassis, dodgy wheel alignment pointing to the left, squeaky interior panels (mine's just the rear speaker mesh, some owners have issues from every single panel in the Mini) and if you wanna know, one particular Cooper S I know of suddenly caught fire and burn the whole front end down in 10 minutes. Try http://www.mini2.com/ and take a peek at other problems I forgot to mention.

If you are interested in getting a Mini, put the purchase off until the facelift comes about either later in the year or next year as it's suppose to have ironed out all of the problems as well as a better looking front and rear bar. The Xenon headlights suppose to be updated too with a machine gun thing that looks fairly nice.

Kit
18-07-2004, 10:06 AM
yeah thats what i thought, cos some people assumed that just cos the mini is built by BMW, its gonna be good and reliable, but i think its proving that its not the case.

coladuna
19-07-2004, 01:12 AM
I have also heard from few people regretting buying mini.
I think they are extremely overpriced too.

muli
19-07-2004, 06:29 PM
the other day was driving company's BA and some middle aged tosser in the current model Cooper S tried racing me, off the lights the BA is a slug so the mini got slightly ahead but by 50kays the BA just hauled its heavy ass pass the mini, then at 80km/h he pulls up again, all i do is just floor it and let the auto do it all for me and mini starts slowly to appear in the rear mirror

slowcrx
23-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Don't get me started with the 5 pages long list of problems I've had with my EK...not just BMW fuk things up, funny enough Honda do too :) For that matter Mercs go all fuk up too as well.

Kit
23-07-2004, 10:22 AM
now thats an interesting comment.
that honestly is the first time i've heard of any unreliability issues with the EK civic, and I know quite EK owners too, including myself.

slowcrx
24-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Probably a mixture of bad luck/fussy bastard mentality/sign those cars off too quickly when I picked them up. Half the problems on the EK should have been picked up at the delivery and the other half of the stuff are mechanical and popped up within the first 1000 kays. That dealer regrets having sold me the car as I got just about every imaginable government departments involved.

Ever seen a flooded EK? Sure as hell I have.

wyl03
27-07-2004, 10:25 AM
i've been trying to post a write-up of the facelift jaz but i keep getting errors from the forum.

anyway, below is the link:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/130E2C705D924EF4CA256EB40026D5B0

wyl03
27-07-2004, 10:43 AM
error.

wyl03
27-07-2004, 10:50 AM
oops. :P

TODA AU
27-07-2004, 07:34 PM
LOL...
You guys are nuts...
You know you can't polish a turd!.... :lol:

Jus-10
28-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Then Spoon are the best turd polishers I know....

Sp00n
07-08-2004, 10:58 AM
i live quite close to there...
dunno if he'll get my business now...
poor bugger

Sp00n
08-08-2004, 08:11 PM
The service department is better though, and the service manager is a good guy...had some pretty good conversations with him...

yeah?
i'm thinking of getting my car serviced from there...
(needs 10000kms service but dunno where to go..)
i bought mine from trivett in parra.. the salesman there was a pretty cool bloke..
had a few stories up his sleeve too.. and some hairy moments...

its just that trivett in parra is a bit far and not close to the station (gotta go to work in the city each morning)

wyl03
10-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Out of curiosity .. if i decide to repain the whole car to a totally different colour (say from Black to White or Yellow), will that in any way affect the warranty or resale value of the car?

Jus-10
11-08-2004, 08:25 AM
With regards to warrant, I would say that it would depend on how far you go with regards to removing panels, engine, etc. My guess is Honda probably wouldn't be too keen.

As for resale, generally speaking, it wouldn't be a good thing but then it depends on the overall job. People are often wary when the car has been resprayed because it may have been in an accident.

wyl03
11-08-2004, 01:40 PM
that makes sense .. thanks.

wyl03
11-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Speaking of petrol ...

i drove down to Canberra last friday. Was interested to see how the Jazz handled the open freeway.

2 things struck me:

1. During the morning drive, it was *very* windy over the southern highlands. I had to make an effort to keep the Jazz at a straight line! Not that it was difficult to drive but it just didn't feel "sturdy" in the high winds. The tall-ish body doesn't help. During the drive back to Syd, it was a calm night and I didn't have this problem.

2. Fuel consumption. I thought I would get an improved mileage but I was disappointed.
- I usually average around 6.3~6.5L/100km during my weekly city start-stop driving.
- Driving down to Canberra, I was averaging around 110kmh. Fuel consumption went up to 6.9L/100km.
- Driving back to Syd, I was averaging around 100kmh. Fuel consumption went back to 6.4~6.5.

Under no circumstances did I attain 5.+L/100km that was quoted for highway-driving for this car.

I'm guessing that you can only get 5.+/100km if you drive around 70~80 (on a 110 highway) .. thereby posing a hazard to other drives!! doh ..

SO .. to me (at least), the optimum mileage & speed & safety compromise is achieved at around 100kmh ..

Andys
11-08-2004, 03:11 PM
1. During the morning drive, it was *very* windy over the southern highlands. I had to make an effort to keep the Jazz at a straight line!

I found that too. But I found that driving any old car, big or small, and even a truck. Having said that, it can get VERY windy sometimes..

Under no circumstances did I attain 5.+L/100km that was quoted for highway-driving for this car.

Weird, I get that kind of figure all the time (usually only where highway driving is involved. Sometimes I can even get lower - twice now I've gotten 4.6L/100km driving into work in the city after filling up (ie. engine already warm)

Driving at 100km/h definitely uses less fuel than 110km/h, but I also find that the following affects the consumption noticeably:
* windy conditions
* underinflated tyres
* crap petrol (I only use mobil now)
* driving through rain, wind, or hot weather,
* lots of luggage or passengers
* short trips
* and finally, driving through mountains or hills.

The quoted figures are only really obtainable on long trips where the engine has had a chance to warm up. I get pretty close to the quoted 5.2L/100km on highways unless it is through lots of hills (in which case, coasting down the hill can help stop it climbing up to 6L/100km)

Side note: mine is an auto, not a manual, which makes it more fuel efficient in the case of the Jazz...

- Andrew

Kit
11-08-2004, 03:15 PM
yep, winds will throw cars around, regardless of what car you are driving. it used to happen with my civic, it now happens on my 200sx.

about mileage, other factors such as how much the car has been run in, lubricants used, state of tune, all come into play.
But as andrew said, the CVT will be more fuel economical.

Jus-10
11-08-2004, 04:36 PM
I have no body roll now so if the wind was strong enough it would just blow me straight off the road.

Those petrol figures are really interesting. A few months Honda did a test with the Jazz and drove it from Melbourne to Sydney. It was a manual VTi-S from memory, with one passenger on board and the car travelled at the posted limit the whole with with normal driving (so no coasting, etc.)

The guy did the whole trip on 1 tank of petrol and still got around Sydney for 50km before he had to fill up.

I live in Strathfield and generally only drive to Crows Nest way via the city west link, or out to Carlingford way or Concord. I usually return about 6.0-6.2 lt/100km if I do a full tank of that sort of driving. If I throw in a trip out to Richmond say once a week or fornight, it generally drops to around 5.6lt/100km for the tank.

On a run up to the Hunter Valley with a full tank and 3 people on board I returned 5.3lt/100km.

I don't usually drive that hard and will tend to upshift at around 2700rpms. I think I have only red-lined it once, but I do have the occasional squirt to 6000rpms in 1st and 2nd.

wyl03 you figures sound strange....

muli
11-08-2004, 04:49 PM
my trip computer sits at somewhere betweeen 5.9-6.1L. If i change gears before 3000rpms which ive been doing alot lately it drops to around 5.6l and i notice the difference that my petrol does last me a lot longer than going somewhere near 4000rpm

Kit
11-08-2004, 04:56 PM
I have no body roll now so if the wind was strong enough it would just blow me straight off the road.

Those petrol figures are really interesting. A few months Honda did a test with the Jazz and drove it from Melbourne to Sydney. It was a manual VTi-S from memory, with one passenger on board and the car travelled at the posted limit the whole with with normal driving (so no coasting, etc.)

The guy did the whole trip on 1 tank of petrol and still got around Sydney for 50km before he had to fill up.

I live in Strathfield and generally only drive to Crows Nest way via the city west link, or out to Carlingford way or Concord. I usually return about 6.0-6.2 lt/100km if I do a full tank of that sort of driving. If I throw in a trip out to Richmond say once a week or fornight, it generally drops to around 5.6lt/100km for the tank.

On a run up to the Hunter Valley with a full tank and 3 people on board I returned 5.3lt/100km.

I don't usually drive that hard and will tend to upshift at around 2700rpms. I think I have only red-lined it once, but I do have the occasional squirt to 6000rpms in 1st and 2nd.

wyl03 you figures sound strange....

it was actually melbourne to sydney on $40 of fuel.

you can read about it on the Honda.com.au website

Jus-10
11-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah that's the one.....thanks Kit.

muli
11-08-2004, 05:16 PM
this would be the article
http://www.honda.com.au/jazz/vti-s/promotion/promotion.htm

FIT
11-08-2004, 09:59 PM
I've notice that once you filled up.. the petrol will go up to say 12lt/km then drops all the way down to 3.7lt/km which i notice then if u drive in city it will go back up.. to say about 6.4lt/km, but if you drive highway it stays at 4.9km/h.. try it.. :)

wyl03
12-08-2004, 01:29 PM
thanks for the feedback all.
i'll keep a closer eye on the freeway mileage.
- first thing to do is to check the tyre pressure.

Sp00n
15-08-2004, 09:27 PM
thats weird...
even in normal driving, i get figures of 6.7L/100km..

maybe it's my driving style..
but i been down the M5 carrying 2 passengers and a 16 inch bass guitar amp...
doing some stupid speed and it returned 6.4L/100kms i think

muli
16-08-2004, 07:46 AM
drove down to the gold coast the other day and as soon as i got on the highway it started to drop from 6.0 to 5.7l but as i had done 500kays that last week it was hard for it to drop so i reset it and it sat at 4.8l the rest of the weekend. that was driving around 100-110 but most of the time at 100 cause get annoying vibrating dashboard at 110kph

wyl03
16-08-2004, 03:46 PM
these folks love their jazz! (they put my unwashed Jazz to great shame ... )

1. this is my favourite .. clean lines. no body kit.

[Wheels] 5 Zigen : 5ZR

[Tire] Michelin : 215/40/R17

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040813084216&Filename=48938.jpg

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040813084216&Filename=49100.jpg

[Wheels] K Speed : 18"

[Tire] Toyo : 215/35/18

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040815011710&Filename=49059.jpg

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/autoshow.asp?autoid=20040815011710

Wheels : Egois 18x7.5
Spring : Jamex
Tire : Kumho Ecsta
215/35/R18
Pedal : VeilSide
Tacho : AutoGauge
Muffler : Super Sprint

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040615174423&Filename=44324.jpg

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040615174423&Filename=44327.jpg

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040615174423&Filename=44325.jpg

Don't fancy the "eye-brow" look.

[Wheels] SSR : CompEtiTion (rePliCa)

[Tire] Falken : ZIEX - 205/40/R 17

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040418181459&Filename=48665.jpg

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040418181459&Filename=48666.jpg

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040418181459&Filename=48668.jpg

FIT
16-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Got your pics off premasuri indonesian autosalon did ya... i agree... indo loves their cars

wyl03
16-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Got your pics off premasuri indonesian autosalon did ya... i agree... indo loves their cars

indeed!! :D
never realised it's so popular over there .. or at least popular with those bunch of jazz owners :)

JEMBON
30-08-2004, 11:14 PM
wats the difference between vti and vti-s?
which ones come with the factory kit?

muli
31-08-2004, 07:20 AM
the vti-s comes with bodykit, mags and fog lights and i think the interior trim might be different not sure

wyl03
10-09-2004, 10:04 AM
some pics to share

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/6474/nodialprocess.gif

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/7483/nodialcomplete.gif

Lil_VTEC
10-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey all :)

I first saw the jazz/fit that was done up by one of the guys that live near me here in WA. Was a blue vti-s with 17" (i think) white rims with xmugenx plates. Just thought it looked so cool, and so different.
So i went and test drove one yesterday and was very impressed. I also found that the steering was way weird but over all was very impressed....so put in a order for one that will arrive in Oct... 04 model but 05 batch..which i thought sounded wierd but oh well. Getting Black VTi model (as will be putting new rims on and body kit etc) so looking forward to it.
I decided on it because its a car that will suit both me and my mrs. Has plenty of room and cheap to insure and very cheap to run for her....and enough aftermarket stuff for me to have fun with it. Plus every other car i have looked at that is in this price region just hasnt cut it for me ;)
Now i just gotta sell my lancer :o
my lancer (http://www.cardomain.com/id/k4ndym4n)
But looking forward to now being a honda owner.

wyl03
10-09-2004, 01:56 PM
welcome!
i have a black Vti too! (albeit dirty, unwashed)

Saw a white Jazz with CF bonnet on "Fast 4" (Hot 4?) magazine. VIC plate number "TOILET" !??! anyone here? :D

Jus-10
10-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I've seen that one in Melbourne before...It was the first modded Jazz that I had seen on the road out here. Nice looking ride, but I'm pretty sure the owner isn't here...

kuso
13-09-2004, 01:43 AM
"David recently accepted a challenge to get to Sydney in a 1.5-litre Honda Jazz VTi-S automatic for under $50 - and went one better, arriving in the harbour city after spending just $40 on fuel. "

it was an auto and not a manual

Lil_VTEC
13-09-2004, 06:25 PM
FIT - do you have a link to this premasuri indonesian autosalon?? I'd love to have a look at more of their Fits

FIT
14-09-2004, 08:50 PM
FIT - do you have a link to this premasuri indonesian autosalon?? I'd love to have a look at more of their Fits

Sure bro, np

Click Here!<----------NOW! (http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/Default.asp)

ENJOY

Lil_VTEC
15-09-2004, 08:06 PM
shaaaweeeetttt
Thanx :D
Damn there are some nice cars on there... i see some perth cars are there too... nice :wave:
http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20040428095848&Filename=40004.jpg Damn i love this one..... makes me want my jazz now :p

Catcha
23-09-2004, 01:33 AM
I'm also thinking about getting a jazz current ride is a MY99 WRX modified , bit of a hude downgrade but the g/f is young and well not allowed to drive my car so looking at alternatives, and by far the best is a jazz for the price and features anyway compared to mazda 3 or a corolla, but a pulsar are pretty well priced also but don;'t look as good as a jazz.....damn and those kits make it so tempting.....just make you wanna get one NOW

TypeG
23-09-2004, 02:22 AM
not a downgrading mate but just try different kind of car.....

Catcha
23-09-2004, 02:37 AM
not a downgrading mate but just try different kind of car.....

Yeah to put it in a nicer way but still, if my g/f was older and could drive my car under insurance i would not consider anything else..... :D

Catcha
30-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Took a Drive of the Automatic VTI.......today did not like the feel of it at all, the manual mode sucks and should be left in Drive.

But also decided to take a manual for a test drive to make up my mind on the car....before signing.

First impressions the cars clutch is feather light :) and the gear changes were also very smooth.......if you can drive manual get it cause it so much better, having said that I have sign on the dotted line for a silver VTI-S just trying to choose a competitive finance company........... :wave:

MRFIT
03-10-2004, 02:35 AM
welcome!
i have a black Vti too! (albeit dirty, unwashed)

Saw a white Jazz with CF bonnet on "Fast 4" (Hot 4?) magazine. VIC plate number "TOILET" !??! anyone here? :D

ye, that Jazz is quite famous around melbourne, he's got doors that opens upwards now, it was at the Melbourne Autosalon..... spent quite a bit on the car.....

spoon fit
03-10-2004, 02:48 AM
ye, that Jazz is quite famous around melbourne, he's got doors that opens upwards now, it was at the Melbourne Autosalon..... spent quite a bit on the car.....

which one?

MRFIT
03-10-2004, 09:30 AM
which one?

The "TOLIET" jazz mentioned above.....

spoon fit
03-10-2004, 11:29 AM
The "TOLIET" jazz mentioned above.....

yes, always in boxhill

muli
06-10-2004, 06:37 PM
i saw a vivid blue jazz being towed away by a RACQ tow truck today, didnt look like it had any damage but it was quite dark :(

muli
12-10-2004, 08:38 PM
anyone downloaded any of the videos on mobile dens website? i just downloaded the top one from the video section thats 22megs and its got a jazz going around some track, seems quite slow but :(

spoon fit
12-10-2004, 09:26 PM
anyone downloaded any of the videos on mobile dens website? i just downloaded the top one from the video section thats 22megs and its got a jazz going around some track, seems quite slow but :(

?

Jus-10
13-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Yeah man I've seen that one...it's like dumped on it's arse hey (it has Tanabe coilovers with hacked springs - lowered 12cm!)

I'm pretty sure it's a GD1 (most of them are in Japan) and it's auto

muli
13-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah man I've seen that one...it's like dumped on it's arse hey (it has Tanabe coilovers with hacked springs - lowered 12cm!)

I'm pretty sure it's a GD1 (most of them are in Japan) and it's auto

naah this ones manual, i know the auto one your talking about, the auto clip sounds like its stuck in gear

spoon fit
13-10-2004, 06:45 PM
and that one done the engine swap

Jus-10
14-10-2004, 09:15 AM
What swap is that? Is that the one with the L15A block with the L13A head running with the Greddy e-Manage?

If it is that just spins me out as to why you would go to all the trouble when you can just have the complete L15 with vtec-maing!

spoon fit
14-10-2004, 10:28 PM
is 1.5 i-Dsi ..no vtec

Jus-10
15-10-2004, 08:49 AM
yeah that's the one (L15 block with L13 head).

I still don't get it, but then I couldn't read the site so I don't know what type of results they got either?

muli
15-10-2004, 03:14 PM
im not sure what engine it is but theres two videos on that website with jazz's driving around a track, the other one is a auto and sounds like the gears are stuck and the other one is a manual jazz which i believe is the one with the head conversion. I was wondering why you really couldnt hear the vtec even the slightest.

Isnt that article in english when you click english in the right hand corner at the top of the website

spoon fit
15-10-2004, 09:55 PM
yeah that's the one (L15 block with L13 head).

I still don't get it, but then I couldn't read the site so I don't know what type of results they got either?

"あと、ラストステーションがリリースしているi-DSI 1.3用のハイカム(LS Extra)がそのまま使えます。
純正のi-DSI 1.3・i-DSI 1.5両者のノーマルカムのプロフィールがほとんど同一と言っていいほど変わらないので、載せ替えと同時に 組んでいたハイカムを移植。
これでかろうじて世界に1台っす。(爆) "

"After, the high cam for i-DSI 1.3 which release has been done (LS Extra) you can use the rust station that way. Because genuine i-DSI the extent profile of the normal cam of 1.3 i-DSI 1.5 both almost may call equality it does not change, it places and transplanting the high cam which has been united simultaneously with changing. With this 1 unit っ it does barely in the world. (Blast)"

Jus-10
18-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Man that "english" version doesn't mean too much to me...those translations crack me up! (or maybe I am just too tired to try and understand what they are saying)

Muli I can't even hear vtec kick in...it is just a smooth transition. As fort he auto thing, that's what CVT gearboxes do.....sounds funny!

spoon fit
18-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Man that "english" version doesn't mean too much to me...those translations crack me up! (or maybe I am just too tired to try and understand what they are saying)

Muli I can't even hear vtec kick in...it is just a smooth transition. As fort he auto thing, that's what CVT gearboxes do.....sounds funny!

that car no vtec

Jus-10
19-10-2004, 08:05 AM
Yeah I know it's not vtec. It's got the L15 block (or the vtec block) with the L13 head (the i-DSi head).

I just don't get the point of it is what I'm saying....

bagaichiban
21-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Took a Drive of the Automatic VTI.......today did not like the feel of it at all, the manual mode sucks and should be left in Drive.

Manual mode sucks? why is that? my VTI-S is CVT, and i enjoy it~ ;)

MRFIT
21-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Nothing beats Manual..... :)

muli
25-10-2004, 07:23 PM
i want one :(

http://www.spoon.jp/jpn/products/fit_catalog_form.php

spoon fit
25-10-2004, 08:19 PM
muli....for u. so sorry for the size
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/9435/spoonP1.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/9997/spoonP2.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/9244/spoonP3.jpg
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/4412/spoonP4.jpg

muli
26-10-2004, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=spoon fit]muli....for u. so sorry for the size
QUOTE]

naah thats ok, im on some 1.?mb ADSL connection so only took a few seconds to load :D

wyl03
27-10-2004, 03:25 PM
not in the office today so i'm on 52k dialup!! groan.

wyl03
27-10-2004, 03:27 PM
what's the spoon gadget u screw onto the exhaust for?

muli
27-10-2004, 04:12 PM
what's the spoon gadget u screw onto the exhaust for?

the N1 exhaust is not street legal, its too loud so it needs a silencer to bring the noise down but i doubt it still would be legal

ary
16-11-2004, 03:17 PM
hey my fren sell one of the Mugen Pro full bumper, pretty cheap..... anyone interesting????
Jazz is the best car to be project car

asiansquad
24-11-2004, 02:49 PM
how much??

JDM Element
23-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Have any of you jazz owners ever dragged anybody at the lights??

Jus-10
24-12-2004, 04:13 PM
hehe...yes

kenshin
24-12-2004, 04:25 PM
hehe yep no contest

asiansquad
24-12-2004, 04:29 PM
my jazz owned kenshin's dc2r at the lights

kenshin
24-12-2004, 04:38 PM
hehe yeah then you woke up :)

Sp3rMz
24-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Sif he woke up. I believe every word he says.

MRFIT
24-12-2004, 11:39 PM
my jazz owned kenshin's dc2r at the lights
yep..... I remember it as if it happened 5 mins ago..... :D

wyl03
29-12-2004, 01:23 PM
T.M works Ignite REV

link is below:
http://tmworks.jp/products/rev.htm

anyone have any comments on this gadget?

Literal translation from the website.

As for the "direct ignition car" there is a tendency where the ignition spark is weak with the limit of the ignition coil which is installed. < Ignite REV > Just installs the ignition spark is raised in several dozen times.

By the fact that 1 spark hour is made clear, proving the combustion efficiency which is superior! ! Spark time 18 μ s and is long very, also coil required voltage is stable 25Kv. Combustion is to a greater extent promoted in comparison with the normal coil and the other companies product, the torque impression and fuel economy improve. In normal coil spark time with 10 μ s as for coil required voltage 25Kv. Combustion efficiency becomes good by the fact that 1 spark hour is designated as normal ratio 1.8 time, CO/HC decreases. In addition, the torque impression increases, also fuel economy improves.

muli
20-01-2005, 07:53 PM
anyone taken their jazz down the track yet or seem someone else run?

Jus-10
21-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Muli - check out my new thread

muli
24-01-2005, 06:54 PM
anyone looked at honda's website recently in the accessories section, you can get door sills, window visors, exhaust tips, chrome dash board dial surrounds, quite a few new things

spoon fit
24-01-2005, 07:19 PM
chrome dash board dial surrounds!? isn't it a standard on vti & vtis model?

terris08
24-01-2005, 08:11 PM
But I still think the new Jazz (even with the Modulo bodykit) is not as cool.....

muli
25-01-2005, 06:18 PM
chrome dash board dial surrounds!? isn't it a standard on vti & vtis model?mine isnt, its sorta silver grey plastic, this might a proper ricey chrome surrounds, i've seen heaps of these rice on bits on civics

Dreams
28-01-2005, 07:11 PM
you've just scrape the surface from Indos jazz/fit hehe

theres one with all doors motorised (with c pillar cutted and reinforced)
opening door with a push of a button.

Dreams
02-02-2005, 02:55 PM
http://asia.vtec.net/Series/FitJazz/Intro/index.html

something foryall to read

Zimp13
06-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Honda Jazz does not have EBD... Cheers

Zimp13
06-02-2005, 08:58 PM
does any one know where to get the spoon throttle body???
thank u... :D

muli
07-02-2005, 05:55 PM
i was under the impression that you exchange your old throttle body for one the spoon one which is exactly same but somehow made bigger

wyl03
24-02-2005, 02:01 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p088e26d58086a2aac3444eff89466319/f6e48be8.jpg

someone made a trip to the spoon factory

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1002400&page=1

and the mugen factory ..

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=997942

08ESE
19-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Honda Jazz does not have EBD... Cheers

Strange? Im sure it was in the brochures when i brought mine, and the dealers told me it did too??

08ESE
19-03-2005, 10:33 PM
colunda, i have to say tho, the citroen c2 is a great looking car :)

its Gumby lookin' :(

have you seen the episodes of TOP GEAR where they test the jazz??? , cannot stop raving about it!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/top_10.shtml

and these are interesting too
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/category.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/buy_again.shtml

and aslo in this one the c3 ( not c2 ) gets LEAST RELLIABLE :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/unreliable.shtml

thats their top cars survey, out of ALL CARS they tested.... look where the Jazz is!

AND when top gear tested the citroen, they called it lots of unkind names, and showed how the interior could be pulled apart very easily by using one finger.

Also, being euro, AND a citroen, resale value will be non existant, compared to a honda.

I have owned my jazz for 2 and a half years, 32 thousand kays, no problems at all, other than the carpet wearing out under my feet from my work boots, to which honda is replacing under warranty with no questions asked, and a smile on their face. After driving mine, 2 friends, and possibly another, have purchased them.

Love the Jazz!!

:)

Zimp13
07-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Strange? Im sure it was in the brochures when i brought mine, and the dealers told me it did too??

not that i am aware of... ABS yes EBD on the pre face lift, dun think so..... as for the face lift model, i still cant find any where that confirm it does have the ebd.... but in some countries the face lift version is using rear disc instead of drum....

spoon fit
07-05-2005, 07:06 PM
yes, rear disc .....i want it too

Zimp13
07-05-2005, 07:15 PM
yes, rear disc .....i want it too

u wan everything spoonfit... heheh.... 2 greedy....

OptionEngineering
27-05-2005, 03:24 PM
it is cheap in HK anyway
$600 for the whole kit which come with everything

ahcash
23-06-2005, 10:02 AM
4th Apr 2005, 02:04Hi, Jazz does has great fuel efficiency, especially under 10-15 mode, it can achieve 24km/l. However, in real life, I drive only in city (very little expressway), Jazz is only marginally more fuel efficient than other cars. If you are like me driving mostly in city, you shouldn't take fuel effieciency into consideration.

If you drive more on highway, Jazz is much more fuel efficient than other car.

I bought from Kah Motor. Everything is good so far. Ask for more freebies like window film, door visors, reverse sensors, etc. If the SE doesn't give you this, change to another SE, or visit another KM showroom.

You should test drive (even a few times) before making decision. The driver leg room is bad, if you are tall, it is not good for you.

Get your friend or family to sit at the back when you test drive, see if the firm ride is acceptable to you. Do drive over some humps to test it also. To me, I call it POOR ride. POOR compared to other cars like Sunny, Corolla and Lancer (I drive these cars also). KM give free 15 inch sport rim and tyre, I suspect it make the ride worse, maybe 14 inch tyre is better, I guess, but I haven't tried it out.

Another annoyance to me is that the stock audio doesn't come with cassette and MP3. I used to connect a cassette adapter to my MP3 player, now I can't do that.

Other than this, Jazz is a great car. I am 65% happy owner.

If you really want to buy, I would say now is a good time, it is at all time low S$67,000. However, it is still more expensive than Altis, Vios, Colt, Sunny.

Do note that insurance for Honda is more expensive than Nissan and Toyota.

Take your time and try more cars. Remember to test drive Altis also. Overall it is a better valued car. Some people may say Altis has problem lah, electric window fail lah, we can ignore this. Jazz/Fit had worst problems before also, like: (hope mine won't have this)

- EGR valve fail
- Recall for brake switch
- Air-con smell bad
- CVT startup clutch fail
- etc.

Enjoy your car hunting!

Miss Chanel
27-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Just though i'd say hi :wave:

I got a Jazz a few months ago :D

Philip Lee
27-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Just though i'd say hi :wave:

I got a Jazz a few months ago :D

:wave: welcome.

Miss Chanel
27-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks Philip :star:

Jus-10
27-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Where bouts on the North Shore are you?

Miss Chanel
27-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Lindfield.. u? :)

STTICH
27-09-2005, 10:03 PM
welcome Miss_chanel..

enjoy ur jazz :) ... wat colour i sur jazz? ...vivid blue? just a guess.

Miss Chanel
27-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Haha yeh... how'd u know?

STTICH
27-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Haha yeh... how'd u know?

lol... u serious ? tat was just plan guessing .. cos tats a cool colour ;)

Jus-10
28-09-2005, 07:16 AM
I'm at Crows Nest

muli
14-11-2005, 10:24 AM
any of you ppl had any issues with the quality of the jazz interior?

Pogi
14-11-2005, 10:27 AM
no issues whatsoever...our vti didnt come with a cig lighter tho..just the port...now i cant use it macgyver style :o

are you having problems? can you be specific about which part in the interior?

Jus-10
14-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Mine is still good (although it has only faced 14,000km of easy driving).

I have had no probs at all....

ahcash
14-11-2005, 06:33 PM
easy driving? are you sure Jus10? :)

Mine have no issue.. except for occasion rattles at the dashboard.

08ESE
04-06-2006, 08:58 AM
ive brained my jazz from day 1, no issues at all, interior is a bit grubby, but no quality issues whatsoever.

im impressed, 50 thousand kays of trouble free motoring :)

kuso
19-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Mine rattles like no tomorrow. Suspension is a bit hard for my liking. Seats aren't too comfortable for my bad back and also back seats are terrible.

Gear shifts are not as smooth as when new so I guess syncro's are wearing out? Guess its just age. Had it for 2 years and done 44 000kms

kuso
19-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh forgot to add, aircon smell is terrible now. Can't get rid of it now matter what I do.

Finally jazz seems to be jolty and jerky ride at low rpms. Maybe its me putting it to too low rpm but when i accelerate its real jerky even on first and second gears.

STTICH
19-06-2006, 04:46 PM
had mine for 2 yrs sitting on 55000kms now. drives/feel as smooth as new, gear shifts hasnt changed, AC has done less than 1000kms so no smell..

i guess u just gotta baby it since brand new. :p

miZagnes
27-06-2006, 01:18 PM
my jazz still pretty new.. just one year old.. everything still as smooth as when i bought it a year ago..

QuintessentiaLs
27-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Well obviously if you don't take care of it then it's gonna create issues... Mines hitting two years on 45000+ and still smooth as a baby... No noise, no issues... Still smells new too hehehe

Catcha
19-02-2007, 07:33 PM
yep mine is nearly 45000km and still is great and quiet, still can't hear the engine when stationary at lights. aircon did smell at one stage but has gone now..........great car, think my tyres are due to be replace soon :D

its been hassle free, But I do service mine every 5000km

jr05
02-04-2007, 01:05 PM
These years it's always b/w European cars and Japanese cars.

My uncle works as a repairs-man, in his opinion, all Europeans are crap. He said, he's got mid-age friends bought Beemers and Audis, but they all sold em and bought Lexus and High-end Honda meaning Acura e.g. Legend.

With no doubt, youth are more likely to buy 2nd hand Japanese racing cars coz they are cheap and quick as well, so is their massive availability.

According to him, European cars are perfect in the first 3 to 4 years but becoming loads of problems after that. Also, European cars are simply cargo shipped to Australia without localized tuning, while Nippons (the Japanese) spent a couple of minutes making cars more adjustable to Australian atmosphere.

After all Europeans swap to new cars every 3 or 4 years, that's probably why their cars only have shorter life cycles, they are more expensive because they are more cautious about using thicker metals and aluminum for safety, Japanese are more price-to-the-value sort of type, they care about safety as much as Europeans but they are smarter over the cost.

Talking about life cycles, just pay attention when there are cars breaking down on road, you might not see much Japanese cars towed, but most of the European cars, Beemer mostly. My driving instructor used a Toyota Corolla for many years, it never went back for a single repair except for regular services. My repairs-man uncle's Honda CR-V never had problem at all.

Saying so much, I'm bit lost of myself, ha ha ha ha. Anyway, I watch WRC and am a fan of Citroen WRC team, I aint rich and I bought a Jazz VTI, if I'd spend more in the future and alter to bigger cars, I would go for Japanese again, like Liberty 2.5, or Accord Euro, or Odessey.

One more, forget about Korean, Malaysian and upcoming Chinese cars, they are simply not ready yet.

UBH320
02-04-2007, 01:57 PM
woah so talking highly about Honda man...

SassyV
09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
A few of you have mentioned your air con smelling, I got my new jazz end of last year and yeah when I turn the air con on and let air flow through from the outside it kinda smells as well :S do you know why it happens and can you get rid of it?

Pogi
10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
A few of you have mentioned your air con smelling, I got my new jazz end of last year and yeah when I turn the air con on and let air flow through from the outside it kinda smells as well :S do you know why it happens and can you get rid of it?

Isn't this normal when you first start your car?

Once you let the engine warm up and use your air con, then there is no smell?

I noticed this on my work colleague's accord.

hoey888
01-11-2007, 09:34 AM
or is the problem the fact the a/c isnt used much at all. the owners manual suggests that it should be used all year round. winter or summer as the mechanism needs to be used to maintain its peak performance/smell. something like 5mins a week or something

i duuno just a suggestion

STTICH
02-11-2007, 11:54 AM
^ is it really?

i hardly ever used my AC, i thnk might have used it for less than 2000kms since 04.

STTICH
02-11-2007, 08:24 PM
haha nah claymore.. the air here is freash & weather here's pretty nice wth windows down just slightly, + havnt really been driving the car all tat often so yea.

i'd imagine if i were in Thai, i'll hav the AC on full blast all the time. i know i did when i was in malaysia, i didnt even wanna get out of the car.

on topic tho, is that statement really true?

robmid
04-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a brand new jazz...
all you jazz owners out there, i'm after opinions and experiences on stuff like:

- faults
- strengths
- weaknesses
- maintenance

or any other comments you may have

thanks
Chris

I had an 06 Civic Manual and had ongoing problems that Honda couldn't fix. After 12 months of phone calls, emails (unanswered) and letters to Honda Australia and Honda Japan they still couldn't fix the drivability issue.
When driven in traffic merely touching the accellerator caused my car to jump forward unpredictably. Honda's suggestion...slip the clutch in traffic.
My Honda dealer traded it for more than current price (good reason for buying a Honda). Honda and the dealer did acknowledge the problem but didn't do anything other than a Data analysis.
I now have an 07 Jazz Vti CVT and it drives how the Civic should have. It surprises me every day.
I've only done 2000kms but I had a long run and some city driving for 5.4 kms/L. By measuring fuel at fill NOT using the built in calculator which seems useless.
By not exceeding 2500 rpm you can get great economy with reasonable performance. Loafing along at 2500 RPM equates to 110kmh using CVT in Auto.
I thought it was just a shopping trolley but it's heaps of fun. In Auto Sport it goes like the clappers but I'm not going there again until it's run in. The paddles are great fun if you are being bullied and tail gated by faster cars ...they always back off!
There is a comprehensive report at The Temple of VTEC Asia wher they are getting 0-100 in 8.8 secs with CVT and a special technique. Also an excellent technical explanation of Vtec and CVT.
Go to: http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/JazzVtec/

Cheers,
Rob (A happy Honda owner again)

s2o0o
12-02-2008, 09:26 PM
The Honda Jazz will take a new shape this year for 2008 so those after a fresh look - Wait until September/October.

I speak to new Jazz owner's on a day-to-day basis. What comes up frequently is;

- I heard these cars are easy to break into, is this true?
You can brake into ANY car with a brick and some balls. The Jazz is at no extra risk at all.

- On my Jazz badge I have a blue dot. I have seen a red dot on others.
Good observation. Something that many don't realize is there is no "GLi/VTi" badges on the car like the other model Honda's have. A blue dot is a 1.5 VTi whereas the red dot is a 1.3 GLi.

- Car rolling back on hills and it's an Auto!
This is not a problem and is NORMAL for a Jazz. Because the Government are concerned with gas emmissions, they ask car manufacturers to lower the idle speed of the cars. This will not hold the full weight of the car. The only way to correct this is to alter your driving style, and possibly even go back to using your handbrake.

- Where's the cruise control?
This is the entry level Honda, and you don't have it.

- Where do I top up my power steering fluid?
The Jazz runs on electronic steering and there is no fluid replacement in terms of steering.

- Can I lock my fuel cap?
I know people are tight with money these days; but I'm yet to see fuel stolen from a Jazz...seriously.

- Why doesn't in come in red/dark blue anymore?
I can't help you there, but here; *hands you Helios Yellow & Misty Violet Jazz*.

- Do you sell FIT badges?
No.

borad
13-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Doesn't the fuel cap lock in sync with the doors?

marc-o-lishuz
02-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Been driving this for a week now... soooo much fun!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/marc-o-lishuz/IMG_9284.jpg

kongfu
02-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Been driving this for a week now... soooo much fun!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/marc-o-lishuz/IMG_9284.jpg

Saw this on US forum, T1R tubo kit FTW:D

panda[cRx]
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
- Car rolling back on hills and it's an Auto!
This is not a problem and is NORMAL for a Jazz. Because the Government are concerned with gas emmissions, they ask car manufacturers to lower the idle speed of the cars. This will not hold the full weight of the car. The only way to correct this is to alter your driving style, and possibly even go back to using your handbrake.

actually it's caused more by the cvt. it wont really hold like a standard auto
but nice story to tell the customers :p

- Can I lock my fuel cap?
I know people are tight with money these days; but I'm yet to see fuel stolen from a Jazz...seriously.

tell them to press the lock button on the remote. the fuel cap/door is only unlocked when the car is unlocked ;)

kelvinthai
02-07-2008, 02:28 PM
nah the fuel cap lock is link to the driver door side lock.. when that is lock its lock too.. when its unlock that is unlock.. its not link to the other's lock though.

rubyjazz
11-05-2009, 03:40 PM
This is for the my09 jazz.

Any particular reason why the carpet flooring at the driver side is covered by slippery plastic?
What's the reason for the holes in the OEM floormats (driver side)?

Where can I place the dangling alarm behind the driver seat (under the matting)? It's currently hanging out. I don't know why it's there.

My JAZZ is 2nd hand. The owner left overseas so I'm not sure.

Is a rip on the upholstery going to be covered by honda insurance?

M@lew
11-05-2009, 07:39 PM
I think the only hole I have in my drivers side floor mat is to hook it onto the stud on the floor so that it doesn't move around a lot. The slippery plastic is probably just a changed mat to a waterproof one.

rubyjazz
12-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't see a any stud on the floor :(

4thGenExi
19-05-2009, 11:30 AM
I think the only hole I have in my drivers side floor mat is to hook it onto the stud on the floor so that it doesn't move around a lot. The slippery plastic is probably just a changed mat to a waterproof one.

Yeah spot on. Will also add the the genuine Jazz floor mats aren't very good quality. Mine are barely 2 years old and the drivers side is all but worn out

4thGenExi
19-05-2009, 01:56 PM
On the positive side I will add I am very impressed just how cheap these cars are to run. 10k service - $170, 20k service - $185 and 30k service - $185 all done by the dealer. Asked me this morning if there was any other issues I was having with the vehicle and I casually mentioned a dash rattle at 60km/h. No problems sir we'll take a look at it for you. Get a phone call a few hours later saying they heard it and would like the car back for a whole day to rip the entire dashboard apart - no questions asked. All under warranty as well :)

fundies
09-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I fixed the persistent dashboard rattle in mine, by chocking a small wedge of rubber at the centre of the dash, between the windscreen and dashboard interface. Rattles gone.

UNLS1
06-01-2011, 12:25 PM
oooer, new jazz colour for jazz mid year
Fresh Lime metallic!

yes its a green, similar to the i20 green.

tefu
06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Just bought 2005 VTi Jazz for the mizzus, it's great little car
PRO:
fuel, smooth ride
CVT-7 is fun

CONS:
very plasticky inside, easy to get scratch.
also the engine makes ticking noise when idling and reverse but when we are moving it's ok.
no power.... lol sometimes it struggle to go faster...had to put the foot down and it starts kicking in

i_own_you
29-01-2011, 07:47 AM
just bought a 2011 VTI-S

so far so good. picked it up yesterday. Gonna take it for a long ride later today :D

Noz
10-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I JUST PLACED AN ORDER FOR A VTI-S .... to say that I'm excited is an understatement ..... I have to wait 2 weeks to take delivery. The colour range was a little limited - I really wanted "polished metal" but had to settle for "alabaster silver". I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time looking at all the accessories that I can put on it .... the Honda Japan site even has dog carriers and blankets!!

xenonkuraz
11-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Anyone here with intake and exhaust noticed better acceleration?

ss-rotel
12-07-2011, 01:18 PM
big muffler, (not complete exhuast), and panel filter, you'll notice a little top end power, maybe 2-3kw, maybe a little more.

Jut got my 2005 back from the engine builders, turbo conversion, 133kw @ wheels, 310nw torque, deffinately better excelleration :) That's just shigh of what the current SV6 commodore motor makes, with the current SV6 weighing something like 600-800kg more then my GD3... :)

threesix
13-10-2012, 05:00 PM
my god the new jazz is HOT!!!

see some fully worked ones here in thailand that really makes me wanna sell my FD.

xenonkuraz
14-10-2012, 12:47 PM
too bad theyre not hybrid

curtis265
14-10-2012, 01:37 PM
I think a jazz hybrid would be cool

threesix
14-10-2012, 02:38 PM
they are hybrids. here anyway.

ive been buying thai car mags with ads for them. the 1.3 with a 20kw battery.

thai car mags RULE. i cant read it for shit but there is so many good photos it doesnt matter. lol