PDA

View Full Version : Resetting odometer

Deano_EK
10-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Now im not sure if this thread will be deleted or not due to legal reasons or whatever but im just asking a question, here i go.

I stuffed up my needles in my EK civic installing some white dials, so i have to buy a new cluster that hasnt being stuffed around with, ive found one but its got 200ish on when mines only done 140ish, i was wondering if its possible to somehow reset the odometer or change it at all?
Cheers.

SHIFTY
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
LOL ! sounds so dodgy :P hahahaha

just wind em back... if ur got the tacho/dash magigi off just wind it back.. from some cars that iv seen u can use ur finger.. hahaha

CRXer
10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
u probably didnt stuff up the old cluster,it just needs recalibrating.

Ive recalibrated mine twice(speedo & tacho) after taking needles off,but i have a datalogger in my car to set it with,just take it to an instrument place & get it recalibrated.

Deano_EK
10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
The tacho, fuel guage and temp have all stopped working + the dials dont fit that well and look shitty. So does anyone know if i can reset it easily at all?

CRXer
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
looked pretty bloody difficult & fiddly(without breaking somethin) to me to do it manually when i had mine apart,but u could prob do it by applying a 10V alternating voltage to the speedo for a few hours & wind it right thru.

PM ECUMAN i think i read him talkin about some trick not long ago

Drew
10-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Tampering with the odometer is illegal...
Best you can do is get VicRoads to record the kms before and after

dc2dc2dc2
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
i agree. it is illegal to do so.

*CLOSED*