PDA

View Full Version : AVO Stage II Turbocharged Integra VTi-R

xenonkuraz
10-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Firstly, apologies for the misleading title.

I'm looking to purchase the AVO kit, currently priced at $5950 (including fitting & tuning!) which includes the following:

* Bar & Plate FMIC
* Garrett T28BB Turbo (with new custom manifold and outlet)
* LINK ECU (full plug and play)
* 4 Large injectors (550cc)
* Piping, silicon hosing, clamps, bolts, washers, etc.

I wish they had also included the BOV. Oh well.

Now the reason for this thread is that I'm hoping anyone could provide me with useful feedback/information regarding this kit. Some questions that I'd like to be answered:

* How much added power will this kit provide?
* Has anyone fitted this to their Integra before?
* What is the petrol efficiency compared to N/A? (approximate value)
* Are there any long-term side effects? (good or bad)
* I was told that the kit requires no other modifications to the car and is ready to go once fitted & tuned, but I seem to believe otherwise...can anyone confirm this statement?
* Is there a better kit out there for around the same price margin? (AVO is also easy for me because they too are in Melbourne)

- Making a custom kit is not an option! Too costly and time consuming (as well as my lack of knowledge on FI)

Before you flame me (if you do!), please note that I have already read many previous threads regarding the AVO kit, but my questions are yet to be answered.

Thanks a many.

yourfather
10-07-2007, 10:43 PM
a custom kit is cheaper than that AVO stuff

[ricer]
10-07-2007, 10:46 PM
$5950 fitted and tuned?

thats pretty cheap

if u do go for a custom kit your going to have to do alot of shopping around to get it cheaper then that but it is possible

only thing is that the whole process takes longer

most of the questions you asked really depends on the tune

yourfather
10-07-2007, 10:47 PM
for 6,000 dollars

buy this http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_713_735_529&products_id=1332&osCsid=72ed1e84b9c3cee89e267227324af54d
buy this
http://www.nengun.com/apexi/power-fc-hand-controller
buy these
http://www.rceng.com/prices.htm

550 cc

go to a mechanic, if they say 1,000 dollars to install, tell them to f*ck off, no more than 500. If they say, oh its a lot of work, tell them that obviously they don't have any idea wtf they are doing, and it's not that complicated to put an oil line from the sump to the turbo, and bolt everything up.

and PM DynoDave to tune.

You will make more power, have a better kit and you'll have about the same amount of cash :)

ACTI0NMAN-1
10-07-2007, 10:48 PM
ssautochrome is the way to go. you cant beat their prices.

yourfather
10-07-2007, 10:49 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

man I forgot about them

barefootbonzai
11-07-2007, 09:35 AM
for 6,000 dollars

buy this http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_713_735_529&products_id=1332&osCsid=72ed1e84b9c3cee89e267227324af54d
buy this
http://www.nengun.com/apexi/power-fc-hand-controller
buy these
http://www.rceng.com/prices.htm

550 cc

go to a mechanic, if they say 1,000 dollars to install, tell them to f*ck off, no more than 500. If they say, oh its a lot of work, tell them that obviously they don't have any idea wtf they are doing, and it's not that complicated to put an oil line from the sump to the turbo, and bolt everything up.

and PM DynoDave to tune.

You will make more power, have a better kit and you'll have about the same amount of cash :)

Have you done this yourself? There's no way $6000 AUD would cover all that.

You're looking at 7-8k AUD just for them parts you listed landed here here in oz.

And as for install cost, i think $1000 is a more than fair price.

Then tuning you're looking at another $600-$800.

Yes, no dbout it's a better setup. But it's costing about 3-4k more, and you have to import the stuff yourself, and extra hassle from goods coming from overseas.

Don't forget to leave money for Exhaust, clutch, fulids and other stuff that need attension when turbo charging.

In the end it's up to you, and how far you wanna go. I think the Avo kit is a good for someone on a smaller budget.

yourfather
11-07-2007, 11:06 AM
nah man you forget how strong the aussie dollar is

ps this car does 6 second passes..

guess who the sponsor is

http://www.boostcruising.com/database/journal/files/post-41355-11839439162048925862.jpg

STOCK
11-07-2007, 01:51 PM
AVO kit has an excellent fit similar to OEM and will allow you to keep you air conditioning. Just make sure you ask Shane at AVO to include the "upgrade turbo" with your kit.

string
13-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I woulnd't assume that just because Full-Race's turbo kits are expensive that they are fantastic. I've received products from Full-Race described as "perfect fitment" which were not even close to the right size. Living up to their fantastic service, nothing was done, eventually no more contact ensued.

Piece the parts together yourself. Not only is it likely to be cheaper, you'll be much more assured of the quality of the parts. If time is an issue perhaps you should buy a car which is already turbocharged.

If you can't put a kit together you need to do more research. If you havn't done enough research you're not ready for the complication of boost.

To answer some questions.

Fuel Effiency: Driving around town out of boost you'll get a bit worse economy. From there it just goes down the more fun you have.

Doesn't sound like it needs anything else, what is your gut telling you? Looks like it's got the fueling and air covered. Just make sure your exhaust will line up. You are getting a bigger one right?

Long term side effects will be more "wear and tear" of course. Not by much though as realistically your peak cylinder pressures will only increase minorly compared to power output. There will be no good ones other than more power. Just hope to hell that the tune is good because we all know how dangerous just one bout of detonation is on little cast ringlands.

IEVAQ8
14-07-2007, 12:22 AM
well said string, if the tune aint right, and havnt decided on a tuner, then dont bother, and like string said, if you havnt done your reasearch, turbo isnt the way to go yet...
i my self am looking at the avo kit, (melb), i have spoken to shane again today, shane shoed me the kit again and i will be gettiong it bny xmas time this year, need to savce the cash, however, i will be using my own ecu and tuner............
just shop around and dso the reasearch, i would love to make my own kit, butr cant justify the money spent as my car is a daily driver, with occasional track.....
the avo stage 2 kit is perfect fro my applications.....

Sexc86
19-07-2007, 04:38 PM

you get what you pay for... in this case hardwear that just doesnt last... and when it dies it can do alot of damage on its way out...

dont touch ssautochrome mate.

shebangs
22-07-2007, 09:25 PM
FR kit is the way to go if you want to do it yourself. As barefootbonzai said, if you want cheap/don't have to worry about anything power, the AVO kit is fine and honestly would still chop alot of cars on the road (if thats your thing)

Personally I'll be getting the FR kit in with a DD tune (might be sooner than later with the current Aussie dollar prices) with bigger injectors, and boost option on S200.

Yes FR has bad support, but I'd be keen to see any stories of them providing parts that didn't fit.

string
23-07-2007, 02:10 AM
LS/VTEC dowels for one. I might aswell not have even put them in they wobbled so bad. "Perfect fitment" my arse. Tried to tell me a bit of wobble is normal - load of crap. They're kits are good no doubt, but you'll save plenty of money piecing it together yourself with parts of equal quality.