PDA

View Full Version : Lost that special door closing sound after repair

commonman00
11-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Due to an unfortunate accident, the front passenger door of my 2004 Accord Euro had to be replaced.
After the repair, I noticed that the new door sounds different from the others. As you know, the Euro doors make that DOOFM sound when you close them. The new door sounds like DOORK. It has a sharp ERK sound instead of the solid OHM. I showed it to repairer but he didn't acknowledge that there is a difference. Does anyone ever have a door replaced or work done on the doors resulting in sound difference? Is it advisable to pursue this with the repairer?

zco
11-07-2007, 01:20 AM
open your door. slowly close it just before it locks .. open close open close. you will notice that your door is hitting the notch that holds it in place .

long story short, your door is not aligned. its either sagging or sitting too high. to fix it, you will have to remove side skirt front bar fender and then adjust your door again.

do the gaps between door/fender look even ? compared to other side ?

OR, your door could have just been bogged up and its heavier than the standard door.. changing the noise when you close it ?

Entity
11-07-2007, 07:18 AM
sometimes tis coz u got ur window open when u close the door

Euro76
12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
My front driver side door on Euro has been replaced with new one (because of the crash), however still returns with same sound as the other doors. The repairer must've done excellent job...I use the high quality smash repairer.

tknova
13-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Should be an easy fix. Sounds like an alignment issue from the stricker to latch when closing the door. It's very hard to say without looking/seeing it through.

But the repairer should definatly fix this concern for you, If you can hear it, they can hear it.

jooneth
23-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I have similar issue with my left rear door. It wasn't replaced but it had to be repaired due to an accident and I dun hear that solid sound when it closes. Sometimes I close it again thinking that it might not have closed propery when it has closed properly. I asked the repair so many times but they couldn't acknowlede......