PDA

View Full Version : Paint and leather protection

Cartoon
11-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Hay people

i just put a deposit on a new but plated 06 euro, never reg'ed so its brand new,
They were trying to sell me paint protection and leather protection along with rust and reverse sensors as they all do.

Just wondering if u guys think its worth it, im rather picky with my cars and detail them every 3 months with cleaning every weekend so i wonder if i catually need it.

as for the car, euro lux, 06 (face lift model) plated brand new, graphite with black leather, manual. scored it for $37000 on the road.

tron07
11-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Do a search.... there are plenty of threads regarding this.

I didnt get the paint protection or other expensive stuffs either, prefer to wax and wash my car myself. 37k for a lux is a good deal.

industrie
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
its up to you ... i got the paint protection and left out the sensors and leather protection...waste of money...

Cartoon
11-07-2007, 10:52 AM
yeah i think its a waste if u look after your car.
but i was wondering what others thought as well.
did a search, thanks

aaronng
11-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Paint and leather protection are a waste of money at the dealers. Go outside to the place that the dealer sends their cars to, and it will cost you $300.

Antonio 84
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I got the reverse sensors. I think they are pretty handy at times seeing the Euro is alot larger than my previous Lancer.

tony1234
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Paint and leather protection are a waste of money at the dealers. Go outside to the place that the dealer sends their cars to, and it will cost you $300.
^^^As above.....BTW welcome.:wave:

6000rpm
11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
dealers charge an arm and leg for paint protection. dont bother. spend that extra money on top of the range car care products and maintain it often like you plan to, car should be sweet.

Euro76
12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately I took paint protection, thanks to my wife...originally I did not want it but she persuaded me just because it would keep the paint last longer :(

After discussion with her I finally agreed to take paint protection, in return for not granting her favor that she wants the Euro in Red Milano colour originally, I took Nighthawk Black instead...well it's a fair go :)

aaronng
12-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately I took paint protection, thanks to my wife...originally I did not want it but she persuaded me just because it would keep the paint last longer :(

After discussion with her I finally agreed to take paint protection, in return for not granting her favor that she wants the Euro in Red Milano colour originally, I took Nighthawk Black instead...well it's a fair go :)

That's alright. Some of us suspect that Honda's Milano red fades after a few years. So black is good. :)

tony1234
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
That's alright. Some of us suspect that Honda's Milano red fades after a few years. So black is good. :)
Yep.I've got black:thumbsup:

petsfact
14-07-2007, 10:27 PM
go for the early model pearl white man....... i reckon it's probably the best colour for euro :P the late model white is not exactly the same ........ wonder why...

Entity
16-07-2007, 03:23 AM
imo if you wax ur car ever 3-6 months it looks better than paint protection

tony1234
16-07-2007, 07:32 AM
imo if you wax ur car ever 3-6 months it looks better than paint protection
I agree.:)

Euro76
17-07-2007, 09:47 PM
I still regret to have paint protection on my Euro. I'll make sure the next car will not have it :(

tron07
18-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Paint protection is good for people who dont wash and wax often.....

With winter in full swing, its been like 1 month since I last wash and wax... too cold [:(]

V205
18-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Paint protection is not going to save the paint from bad washing technique or paint chips from rocks etc.

Actually... what do they claim that it can do above and beyond the existing clear coat??

steve09090
13-08-2007, 06:13 PM
I haven't got it yet and still wonder. I was told by the dealer that Milana Red is the only colour they won't guarentee doesn't fade. Has no UV rating.

aaronng
13-08-2007, 06:29 PM
So will it fade or not?

steve09090
13-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Salesman said "YES". Don't know if he should have said that, but it made a difference between me buying the limited edition sport model or the Luxury.

I've even seen Ferrari's that have faded, so maybe its something they can't fix???

EuroAccord13
13-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Live V205 said, PP is good if you don't have the time during weekends to maintain the look of the car.... That is 250 bucks of BYFB...

If you have the time, then DIY is the way to go!

aaronng
13-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Salesman said "YES". Don't know if he should have said that, but it made a difference between me buying the limited edition sport model or the Luxury.

I've even seen Ferrari's that have faded, so maybe its something they can't fix???
Thing is, Ferraris fade, but they can be restored with a simple paint cleaner. The Honda red is clearcoated, so when the red layer fades, you can't fix it.

tron07
14-08-2007, 02:11 PM
I read that ferarri's got a very thin coat of clear paint and red paint, to reduce weight..... hence maybe thats why it fade. Anyway ferarri's are suppose to be garrage, away from rain and sun unless its being driven.

tanalasta
14-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody who has paint protection take it in for the 'annual check' and 'reapplication if required'?

r-r-redEuro
14-08-2007, 05:15 PM
i got paint protection. :( i didnt really need it but rents said they put in that extra money for me to get the paint protection. but i do wash my car everyweek and polish it every month.

and yes my car is a milano red :( hope it doesnt fade.
i need that car cover for summer !

aaronng
14-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I read that ferarri's got a very thin coat of clear paint and red paint, to reduce weight..... hence maybe thats why it fade. Anyway ferarri's are suppose to be garrage, away from rain and sun unless its being driven.

Not true. Ferrari's paint is just as good or better than Honda's paint (which is VERY VERY prone to stone chips).

iw_eagle
17-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I got a Milano Red Euro Sport. Got the Paint Protection and Leather etc, not so worried about the money side of things, company car, car allowance. Hopefully wont fade, although I only intend to have the car for 3-4 years then chop it in.

I have got the Dry Car Wash thing as well, as water restrictions in QLD. Seems okay. Must admit I dont wash my car that often normally. Prob get another car wash place to do it.

I know a mate in England who have a Civic Coupe, which faded and went pink, we used to wind him up about it! Was several years old though.

Wanted to respond to aaronng comment of stone chip, got a deep one already on the wing!! Annoying!

aaronng
17-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah. I just washed my car and found MORE stone chips! On my bonnet, there are so many fine white spots. Must be from small stones or sand which peppered my bonnet. :(

tony1234
17-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah. I just washed my car and found MORE stone chips! On my bonnet, there are so many fine white spots. Must be from small stones or sand which peppered my bonnet. :(
Me too.My front bar is the worst,lots of little chips.:(

blackeuro
26-04-2008, 04:17 AM
hey does any1 know where i can fix a cigarette burn thats gone into the leather seat? fark so peed off.

tony1234
26-04-2008, 09:55 AM
hey does any1 know where i can fix a cigarette burn thats gone into the leather seat? fark so peed off.
You'll have to go to a good motor trimmer and they'll have to replace the section of leather where the burn is.:(