PDA

View Full Version : Engine..

HACRcivic
11-07-2007, 05:01 PM
hey, new to the forum and im a noob.

i want to find out what engine i have.

Car:
1992 Honda Civic GL Hatchback EG4

just wanting to know what engine i have..and also..

if anyone knows some things i could do to upgrade my engine at all.. (not to buy a vtec) but just some simple upgrade that will make the car quicker.

thanks in advance.

Edgeauto
11-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I think your car has a D15b4 motor in it, since its twin carb about all you can do is fit an exhaust.

aaronng
11-07-2007, 06:09 PM
You should check the sticky threads at the top of the civic section.

You car's specs are in this thread. And from what I can see, don't waste your money trying to get more power from it.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57110

HACRcivic
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
i spoke to a guy (i think from this site) and he said that changing to EFI would enable some more mods? is this correct?

dsp26
11-07-2007, 06:32 PM
i spoke to a guy (i think from this site) and he said that changing to EFI would enable some more mods? is this correct?

it would require firstly an efi engine of your choice, preferably the B series, and then some efi conversion stuff.. then someone who knows how, and some beers...

sooo.. how much money you willing to blow?

HACRcivic
11-07-2007, 08:20 PM
well im only a p plater..and im soon getting my engine fixed up..parts at cost with no labour fees. and i dont have the money to buy a better engine so i was just gonna get some ideas on how i could make the engine quicker/better with some mods to the engine i got now.

dsp26
11-07-2007, 08:33 PM
as stated, not worth it...

just wait till you get off your P's or when you can afford to trade it in

EKVTIR-T
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Just strip the car and go on a diet from now on.Saves you money and makes the car a bit quicker....

HACRcivic
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
i might just keep an eye out for cheap engines and parts.. and maybe try to gather parts and eventually build an engine.. which i have no idea to do, but my dad knows a lot and it would be good to learn.

since this is in the noob section ill ask another noob question:

what parts do i need for a complete engine transplant?