PDA

View Full Version : Air Pod Aplications

Spoon-Accord
15-10-2003, 08:51 PM
hey guys..

i saw this air pod pipe thingo for sale..
wondering will this civic..CRX.. pod thingy fit an accord??
94 Honda Accord CD5 with F22b1
sorry if i posted in this section..
but i thought some of you guys would know something

http://octane.nt4.com/firesport/item_images/3705.jpg

cheers

Ken

Setanta
15-10-2003, 09:01 PM
Best to measure your throttle body diameter and then compare it to the one that the pod setup came off. If its the same, it may only need a few mount modifications.

This is where people may disagree with me, so this is just my opinion, but I doubt it will add power as it will draw hot air from the engine body into the chambers and reduce the density of the charge. It's my experience with pods that aren't set up as a CAI (Cold Air Intake) that you will lose power, particularly in summer... but you will get a nice sound to the motor.

Cheers

A'PEXi
15-10-2003, 09:42 PM
This is where people may disagree with me, so this is just my opinion, but I doubt it will add power as it will draw hot air from the engine body into the chambers and reduce the density of the charge. It's my experience with pods that aren't set up as a CAI (Cold Air Intake) that you will lose power, particularly in summer... but you will get a nice sound to the motor.

Cheers

i agree... its not going to help much in terms of performance... may be a little better if you fit a heatshield... but its best to go for the CAI option, otherwise just an aftermarket panel filter should do fine.... check that the sensor mounting position is in the correct place as well if you are replacing the intake pipe.

vti-2
15-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Why would you want that Ken??? :shock:

Calvo
15-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Spoon, theres no way i'd put that in an accord.
for starters, the throttle body inlet looks way smaller than it is in the accords, u got the 5th gen right? same as mine.
and with the positioning of that in the accord engine bay, it'd be sucking some top quality, fresh hot air right from ur engine, which is bad.
if ur in melb, i can get u a CAI that suites the 5th gen accords. i got mine posted up from melbourne to me.
PM me for more details.