PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen noise

Woogler
13-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Can anyone describe the mounting of the windscreen on the Euro? Mine is making a loud noise which sounds like the windscreen is hitting something. (not clicking or creaking) I have had it replaced a few months back, but haven't noticed this noise till recently. Are there mounting blocks or something which may have been left out or that should have been replaced?
Thanks

Drew
13-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Probably the trim...

The windscreen is usually urethane'd into place so it's not likely to be the windscreen itself

aaronng
13-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Yup, try hitting the inside of your A-pillar a bit.

Woogler
13-07-2007, 05:55 PM
The noises coming from my dash are the worst I have ever heard in a car. I had it replaced completely a little while ago and it is now a rattle box! Trouble is, I reckon I opened a can of worms. My dealer reckon they won't be able to silence it because everytime they pull it apart they will make it worse.

aaronng
13-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Trouble is, I reckon I opened a can of worms. My dealer reckon they won't be able to silence it because everytime they pull it apart they will make it worse.
That's right. It is held together by clips and friction. But what they can do to minimise the rattles is to REPLACE the clips when they take it apart.

EuroDude
14-07-2007, 03:40 PM
My whole car is free from rattles, except for an intermittent rattle in the right vent or just above it. If you put pressure ontop above the vent, the rattle goes away.

Anyone know what this could be?

tony1234
14-07-2007, 07:05 PM
It could be the outside trim(the one that runs up the side).That'd be the only trim that would have been removed with the screen replacement.I think with the headwind while you're driving if it's not seated in properly it may vibrate.