PDA

View Full Version : will dc5r exhaust fit cd5?

siir
13-07-2007, 02:11 PM
does anybody know if dc5r ordc2r exhaust fit cd5?? any pro/cons??

or perhaps is there any straight through quiet almost stock exhaust
what brand? how much? where to get?
budget in $300ish

thx

14-07-2007, 10:46 AM
just the tip?

gues it will fit. but its better just to get a new exhaust and change all the pipe works. from cat back. to a cannon style or something u prefer.

siir
16-07-2007, 01:03 PM
just the tip?

gues it will fit. but its better just to get a new exhaust and change all the pipe works. from cat back. to a cannon style or something u prefer.

it will be the muffler - and the catalyc converter.. i will redo the axle..
im interested in this coz i need a stockish sound and good performance..so myb dc5r would be ideal?!?

h22a accord
31-07-2007, 09:01 AM
i had a dc5 r muffler on my accord with 2.25 cat back. Was very quiet but also very tinny and middle revs but then quietened down at higher revs...i took it off and put a magna flow on and i must say that the DC5r exhaust was somewhat choking the performance.

Vinnie
31-07-2007, 11:49 PM
im thinking it would be just as cheap and easy to just source an aftermarket unit, there is no reason in particular to go to the hassle of finding a dc5r one that was designed for a completely different car neway... performance gains will ultimately be minimal neway so ide be questioning whether its worth doing it at given you are not after a much more aggressive sound.

my 2c :)

siir
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
i had a dc5 r muffler on my accord with 2.25 cat back. Was very quiet but also very tinny and middle revs but then quietened down at higher revs...i took it off and put a magna flow on and i must say that the DC5r exhaust was somewhat choking the performance.

I heard that 2.25 inch is too big for cd5.. as u loose lower end power..?!?
btw did you have to cut the tip?? or replace them??
any picture..? thxx

siir
02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
i had it done with custom catback 2' .. although i the tip was replaced as the guy accidentally dropped the muffler, so he replaced the tip for free... :(
but i still wanted the original.. as my purpose is to look as stock as possible :)

i am quite happy with th outcome... but if only i have the original tip.. would be sweet.. "h22a accord" hope you have a picture so that i can compare .. just curious :D