PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Type-R splits

king9
13-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi, has anyone managed to fit the 6.5inch woffers into the doors?... even with a spacer if seems to have window contact.

thanks

Int3gra-T
13-07-2007, 07:01 PM
obviously your spacer isnt big enough

Pumped
16-07-2007, 08:59 AM
The euro front doors arent much fun getting speakers into :(
youve got the issue of either having not enough spacer and then your speakers hit the window or having to much and not being able to get the trim on right.

I got type x splits in alright with a little bit of playing around, No luck fitting Morel Elates though, required to much cutting of metal.

play around with some different size spacers :)

Atjo
16-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I have DDLinear on my front doors, i guess DDLinear speakers are smaller than the others.

Euro2005
18-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Front Door Speakers and Tweeters - Focal 165 V Slim

The BEST and ONLY Speakers That Will Fit With Out Cutting .
Focal Polyglass speakers use one of the most unique woofer cone materials that we have ever come across. Focal uses a unique process to deposit a layer of hollow silica micro-balls over specialized pulp cellulose cones. This unique material, which feels a lot like sand paper, neutralizes the effect of standing waves along the surface. Polyglass stiffens the cone while significantly increasing neutrality and imaging qualities. The unique 1-3/4" TN 45 tweeter features Focals unique inverted titanium dome design which provides far better mechanical coupling to the voice coil than regular dome tweeter designs. This creates an upper end with resolution and detail that other tweeters simply cant touch. The tweeters come complete with accessories for flush or surface mounting. All Focal products are handcrafted in France, with every component manufactured in-house under the tightest quality control standards. Designed to fit oversized 7" 4-hole openings.

http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/polyglass.htm

tron07
18-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Polyglass is sort of entry level speaker for focal range, I wouldnt put the uppercase word best there....

euro77
18-07-2007, 09:52 PM
the focal 165K2P fits as well with spacer only, no cutting necessary. I had those in my euro.