PDA

View Full Version : CIVIC 96 Cluster w/tacho

c1v1c96
14-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey guys,

Hope everyone is well... I'm in a big hole at the moment and my mechanic stuffed me up this morning!!!

My cluster was not reading 100% after i changed the dials from stock to white and so i took it to the mechanic to fix it on the dyno but he bloody stuffed it up more :(... Like the rev needle is sticky now n is not smooth and the fuel needle doesnt go up full way when the tank is full!!!

Can i fix these problems or time for a new cluster :confused:

Does anyone please have a second hand cluster???

PLEASE HELP SOON... thanks,

John.

EWCivic
14-07-2007, 11:34 PM
I have a 96 GLI Auto cluster with the Speedo not working, but u can use the tacho and the fuel needle. all you have to do is to put your speedo into my cluster and it will work.

PM me for the pic and price

c1v1c96
15-07-2007, 12:10 PM
guys, if anyone has a good working cluster then can you please msg me on 0434091156...

Thanks,

John.

aimre
15-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Do u take ur car to get re upholstered at the mechanics? No? then dont let ur mech touch things like that in ur car (ie electrics). Its not their job, now that he wrecked it, he should fix it.

Take it to an auto elec, i THINK they do cluster work

destrukshn
15-07-2007, 10:53 PM
some do cluster work.
most just send it out.

c1v1c96
15-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Yer, this mechanic is a very good mechanic and has the dyno n everything is computerised with him n massive workshop... always busy!!!!

BUT, i dont know why it all went wrong... See i dont think the cluster is damaged yet cos now the needles working smoothly again, by themselves!!! I know it sounds confusing but they work smoothly again but i dont know if they're going at the right reading...

I'll still want to hear from someone that has a second hand cluster for a civic 96 manual...

Thanks,

John.

kerim
30-07-2007, 09:36 AM
ey man, take a pic of it show show us here, my civic had sorta the same problem whith the white dials on it, the revs just used to get stuck at around 2kRPM,
the way i fixed it was, took the front clear cover off, and moved the needle all the way around, just play around with it carefully, and also make sure that the needle and the white dial are in properly
Give that a try and let us know how you go

c1v1c96
30-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks kerim, i'm just about to take it to the same guy that tried to fix it for me now... He'll put it on the dyno hopefully and test all the revs and speed and make sure its all fine!

Although; till now the revs seem to be ok, the speedo is showing 10k's over what i'm doing and the temp guage is always on hot even when i turn the car off it stays in the middle :confused:

I'll keep you guys posted soon about the results.

Cheers.

c1v1c96
05-08-2007, 10:32 PM
needles fixed... and guess who fixed them???? MYSELF.... mechanics and other people these days are unrealiable... but all good!

kraiye
06-08-2007, 06:55 PM
so what was the problem? or what did you do to fix them?

c1v1c96
06-08-2007, 07:13 PM
well... after all the main thing was that the needles weren't reading the correct numbers when travelling and so you just have to use trail and error.

What i did was switch the car "ON" position of the key and then have the cluster open and just move the needles around all the way and see where they land at the end.

I'm bad at explaining this online but for example if you switch the key OFF then the needles should drop in the middle bottom facing down then when you switch it ON then they should both move up a lil bit to the left.

It's also how much you push the needles in or out of the motor that turns them around. It has to be perfect.

Then after a while of playing around, i tested it one more time and travelled with my GPS and it was reading the same speed on both the cluster and the GPS :)

GREAT SUCCESSSSS!!!!

kraiye
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
sweet as man, well done :thumbsup:

c1v1c96
07-08-2007, 08:35 PM
thanks bro... glad to have learned something myself without breaking it lol...