PDA

View Full Version : Brake/Dash/Inditcator/Highbeams

rhysporter
14-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Im having some major problems with my Eg3 Civics Lights...

It started out that the right headlight wouldnt work, but that was a fuse. So I replaced all that, and everything went fine for a bit.

Then i took the dash out and interior components, didnt change any wires i didnt have to in the back of the car... Just unplugged things in the front and put them back....

But now,
- Brake lights dont work.
- The cluster lights don't work but the aircon lights/headunit/clock do...
- The right side indicator blinks REALLY fast compared to the left side.
- The right indicator wont work when highbeam is on.
- The right headlight is really dim compared to the left side. -
- Highbeam doesn't work at all on the headlights

Ive checked every fuse in the car... they are all fine and are the right size/amps according to the little sheet in the manual.

What else could it be?! Ive searched the net and cant find anything, and i really cant afford to take it to an auto electricians :(

Any help would be appreciated...

YaMiKaZe
14-07-2007, 08:39 PM
it'd be best if u took it to an auto electrition first and find out wats wrong..then figure out how u wanna fix it

Jonald
15-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Is everything connected properly?

EG5[KRT]
15-07-2007, 11:01 AM
id say u didnt put an earth back properly somewhere....

rhysporter
15-07-2007, 09:11 PM
An earth.... i didnt know there was seperate ones? I thought they were all connected thru the wiring harnesses etc?

I might have left something out in the engine bay, when i get it back from the paint shop ill check it out :D

Anyone else got ideas? Cos even for an electrician to find out whats wrong might cost me $200...

Boban
15-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey mate, there is a separate earth just behind the cluster. Take the black cluster surround off, take your cluster off and you should be able to see a single wire going into the main loom. It plugs on a little clip on the big metal thing that you can see once you take your cluster off. If you can't find it let me know and i'll put up a pic tomorrow. Good Luck