PDA

View Full Version : Why is that car jerking out...

Blitzen
15-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Hey everyone, do you guys take questions on non Honda's here? it's a car afterall~

anyway, I got a ride home the other day in a Mazda Eunos 800, not bad, supercharged, four wheel steering etc etc.

but thing is... the car jerked so bad when initially turned on - and in gear, not in park or neutral, and in slow driveway speeds, the car was just shaking, reminds me if you floor at high gears, low rpm, how the engine would struggle for power.

then when the Eunos is warmed up, it's all good, no jerking nonsense at idle and slow crawing speeds what so ever. From what I know, the car was the last pack of Eunos to sell in Australia, it has done many kilometers, at least one freeway everyday for it's life, some constant high speeds indeed.

any clues as in what is going on with that car?

many thanks

Blitzen

STTICH
15-07-2007, 04:25 PM
misfiring?

check ur spark plugs and leads for a starter.

BlitZ
15-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Let me guess...
he has a sports organic clutch.. or atleast and aftermarket

T-onedc2
15-07-2007, 04:50 PM
This car is auto, and it's something I've seen in older auto gearboxes. I don't think it's engine related, just get a mechanic to check it out.

bennjamin
15-07-2007, 06:56 PM
engine mount/s might be gone. Check the REAR mount , and also the front lower torque mounts. Test by opening your engine bay , and either rev the engine in neutral or pull the engine back and forth by hand. Excessive movement is not good

JDM_VTIR
16-07-2007, 01:11 AM
this has happened to my car before as well. turns out the spark plug leads were loose and it was constantly misfiring on acceleration. also check if the spark plugs are free of water or any other fluids (make sure dry).

Blitzen
16-07-2007, 11:26 AM
hey many thanks for the suggestions

I'll definatly pass the information onto him and the mechanic

and keep everyone updated

thanks ;)

Blitzen