PDA

View Full Version : Omg !!! Help !!!

nvmee
15-07-2007, 06:16 PM
ive just recently sold my car and now im stuck in a dilemma. i have 15k to buy a car. unless i get a loan

im thinking of a b16a civic as i like the look of the Eg but like any other civic the interior is halfassed. absolutely hate the gap between the knob and the climate control, whereas on the other hand prelude bb6 models have DECENT interior while the exterior isnt all that good looking imo.

not long ago i was contemplating on a commodore 2001 vx II s pack, but due to the increase in petrol id thought id stay away from a big car. ive driven both the mazda 3 manual and the corolla 04 model auto.

maz 3 manual = decent car, nice interior, nice exterior. but i hate mazdas because i hear their reliability is poor. and plus ive owned a mazda/ford before.
euros = overpriced so thats a no no
corolla auto = decent interior and decent exterior, not exactly a rocket, and i dont know about you guys but does it take a fair bit of petrol?
sportivo corolla? = anyone know any info or positive feedbacks about it? i personally havent driven one but supposely they have the lift that vtecs have too. btw wat does it rev up too. at the moment this is the car i wouldnt mind taking a few Gs loan.

any other suggestions? preferably not a car that is gona cost me 3-4k to insure (aka sports/turbo cars).

pretty much i drive alot on the highways, and in the afternoon its about a 5 mins drive from my house to work, so would it be bad idea to get a v8/v6? of is a 4 banger the way to go

and although i have my bike licence i dont think its worth buying a bike without a car. but im only prepared topay for one

chunky
15-07-2007, 06:38 PM
get the civic man
lol
a 4 banger

yourfather
15-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Depends on what you wanna do with the car.

If you want it to be a daily driver day in day out, get like a mitsubishi colt. 5 year warranty, 10 year for the motor.

If you have the car for 10 years as the original owner, and you can pick them up for 14,000. It ends up being pretty cheap.

Rivic
15-07-2007, 06:59 PM
the gap between the gearstick and climate controll etc ya can get a centre consol piece to go in there :)

TheSaint
15-07-2007, 07:52 PM
answer = dc2

gheybo
15-07-2007, 08:54 PM
corolla sportivo is a 1.8L car like the dc2, it has a lot of space inside. Interior and exterior both looks good, it is 6 speed manual with 141kw like the dc2r but the weight is around 1.200kg. The car can rev up to 8000rpm, yep its got lift as it is VVTI-L, but havn't felt the power of lift =/. The price of this car is probably around 19k-21k, IMO it is a pretty good car for performance and looks, by the way it only comes in manual (someone correct me if i'm wrong =))

Hope this has help you with the sportivo :thumbsup:

nvmee
15-07-2007, 09:13 PM
corolla sportivo is a 1.8L car like the dc2, it has a lot of space inside. Interior and exterior both looks good, it is 6 speed manual with 141kw like the dc2r but the weight is around 1.200kg. The car can rev up to 8000rpm, yep its got lift as it is VVTI-L, but havn't felt the power of lift =/. The price of this car is probably around 19k-21k, IMO it is a pretty good car for performance and looks, by the way it only comes in manual (someone correct me if i'm wrong =))

Hope this has help you with the sportivo :thumbsup:

does the dc2 rev to 8k too? from what i remember the dc2r revs to 10k. not really sure when the lift kicks in for the sportivo. does the sportivo have leather sunroof all power windows/mirrors, alarm, tinting etc? cos the ultima have 4 power windows and the ascent sport has 2 /4 :/

does anyone know how it handles? my mums ascent is weird, when i take a corner it feels kinda balanced but it feels like the tyres dont grip enuff so therefore it greatly speed wen cornering..dont know if that makes sense. and if that did make sense, would a set of tyres fix that problem? not sure if they porduce coilovers too

also the corollas does the right hand side edge of the windscreen bother u wen driving? eg
____
/___\ pretend thats the front windscreen does that right side edge piss u off as it blocks off a part of the view when turning?

pretty much i want a car but it also allows me to do the occasional hooning or watever when i want to. make sense or not?

chunky
15-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Variable Valve Timing Intelligence - L****

Variable Timing Electronic lift Control

very simillar LOL

gheybo
15-07-2007, 09:21 PM
does the dc2 rev to 8k too? from what i remember the dc2r revs to 10k. not really sure when the lift kicks in for the sportivo. does the sportivo have leather sunroof all power windows/mirrors, alarm, tinting etc? cos the ultima have 4 power windows and the ascent sport has 2 /4 :/

does anyone know how it handles? my mums ascent is weird, when i take a corner it feels kinda balanced but it feels like the tyres dont grip enuff so therefore it greatly speed wen cornering..dont know if that makes sense. and if that did make sense, would a set of tyres fix that problem? not sure if they porduce coilovers too

also the corollas does the right hand side edge of the windscreen bother u wen driving? eg
____
/___\ pretend thats the front windscreen does that right side edge piss u off as it blocks off a part of the view when turning?

pretty much i want a car but it also allows me to do the occasional hooning or watever when i want to. make sense or not?

The dc2r does rev up to 10k, but the redline starts at around 8400 rpm. The sportivo starts it redline at around 8000rpm and i think it finish at around 9500rpm (not too sure on when the redline ends.).

It has leather seating with power window all four windows and mirrors,not sure do they come with sunroof. They don't come with alarm but they do come with central locking and for tinted windows i'm not too sure but i think the windows are tinted.

TheSaint
15-07-2007, 09:25 PM
so whats wrong with dc2? and why is the toyota being given favour in a honda forum??

yourfather
15-07-2007, 10:24 PM
The dc2r does rev up to 10k, but the redline starts at around 8400 rpm. The sportivo starts it redline at around 8000rpm and i think it finish at around 9500rpm (not too sure on when the redline ends.).

It has leather seating with power window all four windows and mirrors,not sure do they come with sunroof. They don't come with alarm but they do come with central locking and for tinted windows i'm not too sure but i think the windows are tinted.

that is shit info.

all the stuff you need to tell pound for pound is on redbook.

Just because it says 10,000 RPM does not mean that a DC2R will get there safely.

Same with the Corolla Sportivo.

These cars dont make power up in the Red zone, so there's no point taking them there in the first place.

Rather than just spout shit information, back it up with some kind of figures, or torque curves.

nvmee
15-07-2007, 11:16 PM
that is shit info.

all the stuff you need to tell pound for pound is on redbook.

Just because it says 10,000 RPM does not mean that a DC2R will get there safely.

Same with the Corolla Sportivo.

These cars dont make power up in the Red zone, so there's no point taking them there in the first place.

Rather than just spout shit information, back it up with some kind of figures, or torque curves.

this is gona be a rather stupid question, but what happens if you keep going to 10k rpm in a dc2r and 9.5k rpm in a sportivo. also the cut off point for B series and K series is 8 right? correct me if im wrong. so where do you shift in a B series?

I think that you're a ****ing moron

I've driven most Mazda's, Toyota's, Nissan's etc etc and I can honestly say that you can't beat a good Honda; love the B and K series not so much the H though

have u driven a mazda 3? persoanlly i dont mind the car xept i hate that badge because of my bad experiences. sure its not powerful, but its not too bad as a manual imo. can u tell me some experiences with a sportivo?
i really like my B series, never driven a K or a H, but personally after saving up for so long, purchasing a honda civic (with or without a b series motor ) would no satisfy me in terms of the interior, which is fair enough isnt it? because i want to buy a car not just for its motor but its looks interior and exterior. hope you dont flame lol

so whats wrong with dc2? and why is the toyota being given favour in a honda forum??

dont get me wrong, i like my hondas, i just hate the interior of the civics lol. i just think the sportivo is a better packaged car. at one stage i was considering an em1, but when i sat it in, i didnt feel in place, felt like such a downgrade for the price was paying.

yourfather
15-07-2007, 11:19 PM
this is gona be a rather stupid question, but what happens if you keep going to 10k rpm in a dc2r and 9.5k rpm in a sportivo. also the cut off point for B series and K series is 8 right? correct me if im wrong. so where do you shift in a B series?

Not a stupid question at all.
9krpm is when you should hit the limiter.
8,400 is redline. The only way you could hit 10K rpm is if you mis-shift.

Jarkz
15-07-2007, 11:34 PM
^^ Agreeing but the H series is not all that bad? I love blowing away Corolla's and celica's....

Drew
16-07-2007, 10:34 AM
H's are lazy compared to B and K

Kiz_EG6
16-07-2007, 11:08 AM
ive just recently sold my car and now im stuck in a dilemma. i have 15k to buy a car. unless i get a loan

im thinking of a b16a civic as i like the look of the Eg but like any other civic the interior is halfassed. absolutely hate the gap between the knob and the climate control, whereas on the other hand prelude bb6 models have DECENT interior while the exterior isnt all that good looking imo.

Hey man, the EG B16A is the pick!
Mine was the best car i've ever owned (keeping in mind i currently have a DC2R) and it was around the 15k mark (with work done) worth every cent!

If you don't like the gap b/w the gearknob and the climate deck, you can get a double din insert to fill it!

Personally, i think the rest of the dash looks mad, and it would not take much to give other interior items a bit of a newer look, just re trim front and rear seats!

To these other guys talking bout redlines etc, DC2R redlines at 8400rpm and the rev limiter is at bout 9k, if you can push one past this it has either had the ECU modded, or there's something wrong with it!

Also, if you buy a sportivo camry or something, they may boast decent power figures, but it is no more than a family car with a spoiler
It will not have the handling you would get from a stock DC2R, or for that matter an SiR EG!

dreamshifter
16-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gheybo View Post

Hope this has help you with the sportivo

I think that you're a ****ing moron

I've driven most Mazda's, Toyota's, Nissan's etc etc and I can honestly say that you can't beat a good Honda; love the B and K series not so much the H though

what the heck...so mean

Anyway, I 'heard' the sportivo leaves its lift rev range when you shift. 0-100 in 8.2secs so not so great. Plenty of power but not very usable. I'd still like one though:D

Jarkz
16-07-2007, 07:18 PM
H's are lazy compared to B and K

Don't know what H equipped car your've been in? But I blow B16a EG/EK's and
DC2 VTi-R's away by car or shall i say bus lengths. Power to weight is a wonderfull thing...

dudeling7
17-07-2007, 03:27 PM
get an integra man. You could get a good vtir or a facelift gsi for 15k with some cash to spare. interior is nicer than civic imo and the seats are more comfy and hugging, plus you get sunroofs in most model cept facelift gsi and type r.

i love my teg, great daily driver and goes awesome for the mods i have atm, and has never once had problems, i do service it religiously though :)

Yasakani
17-07-2007, 05:41 PM
maz 3 manual = decent car, nice interior, nice exterior. but i hate mazdas because i hear their reliability is poor. and plus ive owned a mazda/ford before.

Probably my pick, I personally believe that they would be just as reliable as a Toyota or Honda, being a small Japanese car. But this is just going by what I have read/heard.
Sure, it won't be that fast, but the interior looks a whole lot more modern than any civic or dc2 interior that seem way out dated by now (esp the late 90s civics). Exterior looks good too if you pick a nice colour, and the SEDAN version.

euros = overpriced so thats a no no

Are these even within your budget?

corolla auto = decent interior and decent exterior, not exactly a rocket, and i dont know about you guys but does it take a fair bit of petrol?

meh.

sportivo corolla? = anyone know any info or positive feedbacks about it? i personally havent driven one but supposely they have the lift that vtecs have too. btw wat does it rev up too. at the moment this is the car i wouldnt mind taking a few Gs loan.

I don't think its within your price range of 15k.
There was a thread a while ago about the Sportivo Corolla vs. the EM1 and integras, maybe have a read of that.

Joel The Mole
17-07-2007, 06:23 PM

dont know where u heard that mazdas were unreliable, the person saying that must have been a douchebag. mazdas are one of the most reliable vehicle makers around, along with toyota.

IMO check the mazda again, the sportivo corolla is boring as and not that cheap on petrol, cos u gotta rev the **** off it to get it moving.

stay away from any holden v6 u were looking at, there always seems to be something going wrong with them.

either go for the mazda 3 or a EG B16A or DC2(R). alll good choices

Yasakani
17-07-2007, 06:35 PM
but i hate mazdas because i hear their reliability is poor. and plus ive owned a mazda/ford before.

I'm guessing you're talking about the Mazda 626/Ford TX-5 Telsta?

I guess that was one of the least reliable Mazda motor (from the MX-6). I know someone with the TX-5, and he had heaps of trouble with it too. But, IMO, the Mazda 3 or any of the more recent Mazda's wouldn't be like that.

aaronng
17-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Sportivos go for $20-21k, so it will be out of your range. Also, the suspension is very soft. I was in 2nd gear at 2000rpm, when I just touched the throttle to accelerate gently, the nose would lift!

nvmee
17-07-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm guessing you're talking about the Mazda 626/Ford TX-5 Telsta?

I guess that was one of the least reliable Mazda motor (from the MX-6). I know someone with the TX-5, and he had heaps of trouble with it too. But, IMO, the Mazda 3 or any of the more recent Mazda's wouldn't be like that.

yeh i had one of those and my friend had one of those, her one was GG and my car wasnt as bad, oil leak and some other stuff. but the tx5 was no doubt very fun car to drive straight line. thats what i kinda want, not a supercar, but a car that can go when i want it to go. hope ur on my boat.

Sportivos go for $20-21k, so it will be out of your range. Also, the suspension is very soft. I was in 2nd gear at 2000rpm, when I just touched the throttle to accelerate gently, the nose would lift!

yeh, but i dont mind a loan either. ive got 15kcash, and im willing to get a loan, just not for a sports car. like Type Rs or turbos for that matter. just a family car, that is fun to drive when you want to. hows the sportivo with a set of coilovers? anyone driven one? experience? hopefully this car is going to last me the next 5 years also without many problems providing its serviced and taken care of

also what the Handling difference between a Dc2 and a dc2r? since its the same body does it mean they are both pretty balanced?

VtiKid
18-07-2007, 07:37 PM
sportivo's go for a bit more den 20gz 3 of my mates have em, and one of em has got 112kw with only cai, they are pretty comfortable and lift can be felt pretty good, but nothing beats the original vtec mate...
for ur budget its not worth gettin a loan for a sportivo u cud get sumfin way better then that for 24-26gz get urself a nice integra type r or sumfin n represent ... my 2c

nvmee
18-07-2007, 07:56 PM
sportivo's go for a bit more den 20gz 3 of my mates have em, and one of em has got 112kw with only cai, they are pretty comfortable and lift can be felt pretty good, but nothing beats the original vtec mate...
for ur budget its not worth gettin a loan for a sportivo u cud get sumfin way better then that for 24-26gz get urself a nice integra type r or sumfin n represent ... my 2c

i was gona get a type r, but when i heard insurance in my area is gona be 3-4k a year i stayed away from it then

T-onedc2
18-07-2007, 08:27 PM
also what the Handling difference between a Dc2 and a dc2r? since its the same body does it mean they are both pretty balanced?
Very different. VTi-R feels firmish but has a fair amount of body roll when pushed, but it still grips and turns very well while doing so.
Type R is quite firm and turns excellently and sits flat. Chassis wise they are identical in 98+ models.
Exact specs have been covered many times here.

A VTi-R can handle extremely close to Type R standards with the right setup.

Yasakani
18-07-2007, 08:49 PM
sportivo's go for a bit more den 20gz 3 of my mates have em, and one of em has got 112kw with only cai

I thought the Corolla Sportivo's had 140something kW
Or are you talking about atfw?

SHIFTY
18-07-2007, 09:13 PM
type r has alot more chassis bracing... a dc2 will never be the same as a dc2r...

it can be as good or maybe a lil bit better (then stock - but involves alot) but never the same.. i dc2r with handling enhancing modifications can make for a farkn good handling car!!!!

VtiKid
19-07-2007, 01:36 AM
yeh sorry i thought i mentioned at the wheel 112kw at the wheel which is pretty quick in my opinion problem is bang for buck is poor i mean ive got a 8grand civic that probably has 85kw at the wheels wud u pay 18gz extra for 23kw? i wudnt lol... nah man i reckon get a vti-r teg or even civic i had the same problems with insurance once d companies hear vtec the premium n excess zooms up soo thats why i got a vti and doin it up quick enuf for me.... jst do wat ur heart desires imo ...

yourfather
19-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Very different. VTi-R feels firmish but has a fair amount of body roll when pushed, but it still grips and turns very well while doing so.
Type R is quite firm and turns excellently and sits flat. Chassis wise they are identical in 98+ models.

A VTi-R can handle extremely close to Type R standards with the right setup.

Well, I dunno about you, but I'd say my VTi-R has better turning ability than most of the ITR's out there.

dc2r
19-07-2007, 04:26 PM
If it was so easy to get a VTiR to handle as well as a Type-R, I'm sure Honda would be bankrupt by now... There are many factors as to why a Type-R handles the way it does, and its not just suspension.

Anyway, to the thread starter, Mazda's are reliable cars and would be up there with Toyota and Honda as the most reliable.

I would either get the Mazda 3, the EG or EK Civic, or maybe for your budget, have you considered a Honda Jazz? I mean you want a daily driver and not a sports car right? Or do you have to have that power just in case? If so, look at a Honda Integra VTiR... or even the EM1/EK Civic VTiR.

nvmee
20-07-2007, 12:04 AM
i thought being the same chassy it would be the same, besides the minor engine and sussy setup. also its not power 'just in case' its more of there are some days or some moments you feel like taking a corner at fast speeds/ htting it at the lights.

so why do mazdas have such a bad rep. my mazda sucked :P unreliable as, but had nice amount of power under it, gives some of those hondas a scare lol

pretty much i want a type r in a family car if you guys understand what i mean. good handling + decent motor= sportivo corolla?

Yasakani
20-07-2007, 12:31 AM
so why do mazdas have such a bad rep. my mazda sucked :P unreliable as, but had nice amount of power under it, gives some of those hondas a scare lol

I've never really heard anything bad about Mazda... besides the MX-6, which I think was quite a disaster when it came to reliability (both the engine and the 4WS), and your 626 shared the same engine.

T-onedc2
20-07-2007, 08:45 AM
type r has alot more chassis bracing... a dc2 will never be the same as a dc2r...

it can be as good or maybe a lil bit better (then stock - but involves alot) but never the same.. i dc2r with handling enhancing modifications can make for a farkn good handling car!!!!
Chassis wise they are identical in 98+ models.
This only leaves thinner windscreen, boot brace & sound deadening.

T-onedc2
20-07-2007, 08:48 AM
If it was so easy to get a VTiR to handle as well as a Type-R, I'm sure Honda would be bankrupt by now... There are many factors as to why a Type-R handles the way it does, and its not just suspension.
I think you're missing the point, Honda made a Type R to save us the trouble of trying to build our own, and they did it with a warranty.

T-onedc2
20-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, I dunno about you, but I'd say my VTi-R has better turning ability than most of the ITR's out there.
there's not much between them, my VTi-R has all Type R suspension while my brother and a mate have stock VTi-R's. I find the difference could be best described as more confidence inspiring, coz a good VTi-R driver can beat a less accomplished Type R driver anyday.

nvmee
20-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I've never really heard anything bad about Mazda... besides the MX-6, which I think was quite a disaster when it came to reliability (both the engine and the 4WS), and your 626 shared the same engine.

nah mine didnt have the 4ws, i had the ghia but not the 4ws version. from what.
im suprised there are still so many running on the road the 626 shapes, my car was still in good nick but some others i knew had a car with problems one after another. was gona drop in a KLZE motor in it from a probe, but analyzed it and thought it wasnt worth it, since companies dont make suspension stuff for this car

at this moment im really leaning towards a sportivo. hopefully when i can get a loan approved ill test drive one then. is there anything to look out for? out of curiosity is it possible to change the front of a 05 to a 03 sportivo? the 03 grill is fugly, hopefully it depreciates heaps since new corolla is out.

does anyone else know what other cars out there which is on the level of the sportivo? like NA, family car, lift?, sunroof , leather with also about the same amount of money

nvmee
28-07-2007, 02:13 PM
i think im gona go the dc2r :P :P :P might as well go out on a sports car when im young, just gona ring around and see the insurances+on road prices now and the other factors thats go with buying a sports car.