PDA

View Full Version : eg breeze help pls ":)

`OzLude
16-07-2007, 01:06 AM
hi all, i am currently looking at a civic for my 1st car..and was wondering..

my main question..
is all 92 civic breeze's a 1.3L single carb. engine!?

and if so, how are they in regards to maintenance?
is the carbi engine very reliable? i.e does it break down often?
does it cost alot to take care of?
what are the "must know" of carbi engines?

if anyone has//or has had experience with a civic breeze, input and opinions would be a great help..

thanks

yourfather
16-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Hi

check this link out

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57110&highlight=civic+breeze

ALSO ~ the Carburettor motor is ok if you want to go from A to B, but if you really want something a bit more economical and reliable, a fuel injected Civic would be better. It gives you more of an option to upgrade later on if you want.

[[d a n n y]]
16-07-2007, 02:09 AM
EG breeze features a 1.3L and chassis code is EG3
the later models came with 1.5L and was coded EG4
the D13b is a good little motor just regualr oil service and good maintancece will get u far. must know for the carbies...well the carby does get out of tune everyknow and then and you'll realise it that its off tune as the car will run sluggish and will drink more petrol.
out of my old EG3 i got about 450-500 out of a tank with resonable revidge.
the motors are strong. my motor was at 250K kms before i took it out for engine conversion but it was running strong. i recon 300K is possible if it's looked after well

aimre
16-07-2007, 03:20 AM
My GL civic (model before the EG) had the 1.5L Twin carb. Well, that thing didnt see a mechanic in over a yr and had over 318,000kms when i got rid of it. Damn good car for my L's and P's, damn i miss it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/DSC01036.jpg

TheSaint
16-07-2007, 10:08 AM
bare in mind if u want to ever do an engine swap in a carby car to say an efi motor like a b16 or b18 base, u will have to change the fuel lines and fuel tank all over to efi (swap them over too)

breezes didnt come with any of the factory options the gli did either, shop around save a little more and buy a gli - heaps better investment

we are planning an engine swap in my mates eg show car, i found out it is a breeze and it turned into a nightmare, sure the car looks sik and is nice interior etc but we are gona have to change ALOT of parts to make it live up to its looks

rhysporter
16-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I got a breeze :D Was sittin on 215xxxk's and the motor seized when i disregarded the oil light for 2 months... Other than that its a sweet little car :D Love mine to bits :)
If your not planning on swapping the engine to somethign super fast, just get a Breeze dude, Got the newer 1.5L version put in after seize... Cheap as and they run fiiiiine!!

The 1.3L is plenty when your on your L's and P's, it kept me satisfied for at least 3 months lol.

I do suggest you get a manual though not auto.

`OzLude
16-07-2007, 11:48 PM
i think im leaning towards getting one now lol

and yeah, i had hoped to mainly use it to get myself around..and had heard that it was fairly good on petrol..:thumbsup:
and that it does not take too much $$$ to maintain and keep running?

because as with having a budget, i'd like something that would last a fair while, like 6months or so, before i'd have to spend on replacing expensive parts lol

but because i have never handled a carbi before, i thought i could get further information before i get myself one.:)

[[d a n n y]]
16-07-2007, 11:50 PM
I got a breeze :D Was sittin on 215xxxk's and the motor seized when i disregarded the oil light for 2 months... Other than that its a sweet little car :D Love mine to bits :)
If your not planning on swapping the engine to somethign super fast, just get a Breeze dude, Got the newer 1.5L version put in after seize... Cheap as and they run fiiiiine!!

The 1.3L is plenty when your on your L's and P's, it kept me satisfied for at least 3 months lol.

I do suggest you get a manual though not auto.

they dont come in auto
breezes are all manual

rhysporter
17-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Costs me $40 to completely fill a tank, and it lasts me forever :D lol

I must have driven an Auto GL then, it was terrible lol...

Petronas
17-07-2007, 07:40 PM
My GL civic (model before the EG) had the 1.5L Twin carb. Well, that thing didnt see a mechanic in over a yr and had over 318,000kms when i got rid of it. Damn good car for my L's and P's, damn i miss it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/DSC01036.jpg

I had the same but in Sedan form... I must say I'd vouch for this car/engine... Very reliable and mine was at 250k... Bought for $1650, sold for $1800 so It retains its value too lol... :thumbsup:

`OzLude
18-07-2007, 12:45 AM
aah great.. since everyone has said that the engine is fairly reliable, im having a look at one tomorrow afternoon hopefully..wish me luck guys! :wave:

hopefully it goes well and am able to become a honda owner soon after that.
will keep you guys posted as to how it went and with any issues that may have arisen..

and i think this one has a sunroof? ( im not sure if its just one that you can only lift up//angle..or one that goes back as well ) but are they prone to leakage after 15 years or so...