PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro Dyno Results

EUR003act
16-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, i don't know whether there is another thread like this (i had a look and couldn't find one) my apologies if there is. But i thought it a good idea to have a thread soley dedicated to dyno results for Accord Euros. Here's how i think it should work, you state your car, then state all engine related mods (keep it short but detailed), and finally, your dyno results. This way it should give newcomers or people looking at modding an idea of what figures theyll get.
I'll have my results up this sunday, until then feel free to add all your results...

Thanks guys

EUR003act
16-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Car: 2003 Accord Euro 6sp MAN

Mods: K&N Typhoon SRI
2 1/4inch catback exhaust (single hotdog & stock mufflers)
Custom Engine Earthing kit

Results: 130.9kw atw

Suntzu
16-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Sweet. Im doing a fair few mods to my 05 euro manual and am in canberra also. Keep us updated.

E-Gene
16-07-2007, 06:03 PM
2 latest threads that I was involved in

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69400
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68084

EUR003act
20-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Is anyone actually going to put there results up?

:eek:

E-Gene
20-07-2007, 09:49 PM
112.6kw

EUR003act
20-07-2007, 10:03 PM
What mods do you have? auto or manual?

E-Gene
20-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Dude, you got to learn to read the threads that I posted.

Manual Euro 07 with mods as listed in my signature. Car only ran 3000kms then.

aaronng
20-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Apexi SRI with handmade Ghetto™ enclosure. Ghetto™ grounding kit. :)

119.5kW.

EUR003act
20-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Dude, you got to learn to read the threads that I posted.

Manual Euro 07 with mods as listed in my signature. Car only ran 3000kms then.

i wanted the mods and dyno results in a simple, quick and easy format, that way newbies and modders alike can see what results theyd probably get...

thanks aaronng :D nice results too...

EuroAccord13
20-07-2007, 11:33 PM
112Kws... Then 126kws... Then 134Kws... Now stuck as development is still undergoing...

mugen88
21-07-2007, 12:40 AM
* Toda S/S headers
* Metal Cat
* Tanabe cat back exo
* UR Pulleys
* KN Typhhon CAI
* Apexi AFC Neo
* Feels ETD

= 139Kws atw :)
Dyno sheet here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69400

BiLL|z0r
21-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Auto Std model
100% stock except for K&N panel filter at the time.
111.7kw (I think, the dyno chart is at work).
Performed on rolling Dyno Dynamics.

EUR003act
21-07-2007, 07:34 AM
mugen88 and billzor, cheers :D i like your work, ill have my results tomorrow...

EuroAccord13
21-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Opps.. I just realised we need to put in power mods..

At that time of 126Kws, the following powermods were done...
K&N Typhoon CAI
DC Sports Headers
Custom Single Outlet MagnaFlow Race Series Zorst
Apexi VAFCii

aaronng
22-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Remember, you can't compare the dyno results from different brand of dynos. :)

sodaz
22-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Remember, you can't compare the dyno results from different brand of dynos. :)

And dyno runs that were done at different times.

EUR003act
22-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Here is the sheet

aaronng
22-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Nice. Makes me want to run my car on a Dyno Dynamics dyno to get a reading that at least can be compared.

EUR003act
22-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah. Next im planning: headers, 650cc injectors, fuel pump, ecu reflash... hopefully get to the 150 mark :D...

oh and incase anyone wondering, car of the day was a RZ Supra 3L single turbo = 406kw atw!

johnprocter
22-07-2007, 02:25 PM
holy shit LOL 406kw..

aaronng
22-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Don't really need the injectors and fuel pump unless you are going for 9000rpm.

h1coupe
23-07-2007, 06:09 AM
car:´06 M/T Euro Accord Type-S

Ebay SS header.
K&N typhoon Cai.
hondata reflash (TSX ecu)

133.9kw atw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYFCOgiYRw

Suntzu
25-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Ok guys. As you know I have tried to do cost effective practical mods to improve the day to day drivability of my 05 Manual Euro. I think I have succeed to an extent. Its a lot smoother and more tractable through the gears and generally better behaved than stock. I was aiming for 160kw at the fly which is a modest 20kw up on stock. Not sure what thats at the wheels as it depends on the dyno on the day. I have been aiming for outright max power, but more pull through the range. I did dyno my car to do a baseline at a dyno near my house but it was ballsed up due to them leaving VSA on and me not warming it up. It was 86kw!!! ATW. Lol:thumbsup:

Now to the results:

Power Mods:

Car: 2005 Euro 47000km Manual. Ive owned it since its birth.
Intake: Comptech Icebox with K&N Filter
Header: Topspeed Stainless Steel DC Sports copy.
Cat: 300 Ceramic Cat
Ecu: Jtune Mild Flash. Vtec at 5000rpm.

Dyno: Ultimate Tunes Philip ACT MAINLINE DYNO. For reference EUR003act got 133kwatw in his modded 03 Euro a month ago at the same dyno. I understand a few euros in the past have gotten around 102kwatw in the past but I cannot confirm this:

Results:
Power: 118kw
Torque:188Nm
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4448/dyno118kwuq3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4448/dyno118kwuq3.42df30dbdf.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=148&i=dyno118kwuq3.jpg)

Interpretation:
Fortunately for me we were able to look up Euroact13 dyno chart and set my dyno runs to the same parameters. I had a total of 7 runs. We also overlaid the two dyno runs and the results were very interesting. His dyno sheet is on this forum somewhere and I will look it up. Im sure he wont mind as it makes for an interesting comparison.

But basically my dyno is right in line with what Jtune have on their website. Its a similar power increase over stock and the shape of the graph is near identical to their graph. They claim about a 15kwatw increase with the reflash and I/H. I have I/H/Cat and Im getting about 15kw over stock if you make the assumption a stock euro is 102kw on this dyno.

That gives me approx a 160kw flywheel reading which is EXACTLY what I was after for the money I spent.( approx $2000 for all the power mods in total.)

So mission accomplished I guess.

Euroact13 car has a more power to start then I have a bit more through the midrange then his took off at 6000rpm to 133kw. Mine rises steadly and my Air/Fuel is very stable if you look at the graph. Euroact13 leans of between 6000rpm-7000rpm. This is probably where the extra power is from his RBC intake manifold, high quality toda header and a few minor mods like pulleys which I dont have. My power is pretty linear due to the Jtune flash and vtec 5000rpm engagement. This makes the car nice to drive as I have stated as you get a very progressive power application and a good meaty feel in the midrange and this graph supports this.

So its good for day to day driving as I hoped for. I was hoping for a few more KW but realistically it depends on the dyno and a few variables.

I am considering a few more mods but the bang for buck stuff is starting to dissapear. I do have a hondata heatshield gasket and I can do a throttlebody bypass but we are talking maybe 1-2kw here.
I would consider a RBC manifold but dont want to sacrifice the bottom end. Euroact13 car seems to be good in the low rpm even with the RBC. I might also consider an exhaust at some stage. I think the Topspeed header is letting me down a bit but it's alot better than stock though and the price was right.

Ill wait and see the results of Euroact13 with the new head and other goodies before I decide to quit modding or now. But its looking expensive from now on and lets be realistic, this is not the car for power mods at the end of the day.

For now I have a brilliant commuter car thats got that extra poke when i need it and is brilliant on fuel! Not to bad at all. I reckon the car is sub 7secs 0-100kph now but I cant prove it yet.( not that im aim for drag speed, just using it as an example, used to be about 7.7secs)

Euro engine gurus: How does this chart and A/F look to you and the other stock/modded euros? You reckon the Jtune has done much?

Looking forward to your intelligent and insightful comments as always.

Update: Obligatory crappy video: Opps cant embedd here for some reason. link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNN-Z9Oi9tY

Euro08Jaz
25-08-2008, 09:25 PM
if you get chance a 0-100 or at most a 1/4 mile time would be really appreciated. you 2 Eur003act!

EUR003act
25-08-2008, 09:28 PM
hehe :p here ya go buddy, found it for you :)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/Dyno-ResultLarge.jpg

very nice result you got there! love it!

im so glad to compare mine to yours, its good to see i didnt loose torque or low-end power like i thought i did with my RBC... and yes, i cant wait for my results after my build!! :D

Suntzu
01-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Ok,

I have overlaid mine and EUR003ACT dynos. Same dyno as we know, very different mods. I did this by hand but is very close. Im doing this analysis to determine the best mod for me next. I prefer to deal in facts than approximations and seat of the old butt. This as as close a dyno result you can get, Similar cars, similar temps, same dyno, same configuration on dyno:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7703/comparedynoww5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Interpretation. I have less mods and a lower quality header. I do have the Jtune mild with a 5000rpm vtec.

Seems to me that my earlier vtec and tune allows me to equal a more modded car from 5000rpm. But once we hit 6000rpm and Justins car hit vtec his better mods + RBC allow him to pull away quite a bit.

Idont understand my lower torque at the start as my car is pretty torquey in normal driving, much more than it was stock. And given i have the RBB stock Intake manifold, which is supposed to be torquier then the RBC that Justin has at lower/mid rpm, it doesnt make any sense to me except to say his current mods have really worked down low for him regardless of his RBC. I do pull away in torque and power at about 3500rpm to about 5000rpm. Thats the RBB intake manifold and my jtune Im thinking helping mid range torque. But when justins car gets a gob full of air from the RBC + mods at 6000rpm it really takes off. Better breathing mods no doubt.

What do you guys make of this?

EUR003act
01-09-2008, 09:46 PM
lol awesome work on the over lay! it is such a relief to see i didnt loose torque with my RBC!!!

but one slight error, lol i made 133kw not 113kw lol :p

cheers buddy

Suntzu
01-09-2008, 09:53 PM
LOL. Sorry. Its is 133kw of course.

I dunno if a RBC + Larger TB is going to net me 15kw though. Maybe 8-10kw at best. Then you got pulleys and a much better header making up the extra 7kw which is very feasible and realsitic i should think.

I think my Jtune reflash might like the RBC a lot though given the A/F ratios. Heaps of room to increase the air going in and keeping things safe i reckon.

Cant wait for your new head and camshaft. Thats when the rubber will hit the road, or should i say your dollar hit the killawatt!

Crapdaz
01-09-2008, 09:53 PM
lol awesome work on the over lay! it is such a relief to see i didnt loose torque with my RBC!!!

but one slight error, lol i made 133kw not 113kw lol :p

cheers buddy
critical error, you get a loss of 20kw.

he just wanted to beat you justin.
nice overlay suntzu.

Suntzu
01-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Sweet. i will fix it but for now I will enjoy the nervousness that justin is feeling having his baby posted on TeH InTaWeb with 20kw missing..NOOOOOO

How do you reckon a mainline Dyno compares to a Dyno dynamics? Im seeing some bascially unmodded cars above nt his page going higher than mine on these other dynos? Makes me wonder what Justins would do on a dynodynamics. But is a moot point i guess and for pissing comps only.

EUR003act
01-09-2008, 10:05 PM
critical error, you get a loss of 20kw.

he just wanted to beat you justin.
nice overlay suntzu.

hahaha its a conspiracy! lol atleast when i do the head build ill get better gains tho :p hahaha

and yes rus i agree with ur assumption on where i get the power... 8-10from toda headers/metal cat/ur pulleys... and 5-7from RBC :D

for all you interested parties (eurojazz08 / russell) i just purchased another J32A3 throttle body and RBC intake maniold... ill be modding them to mate with K24A3 and porting out to 66mm...

Sweet. i will fix it but for now I will enjoy the nervousness that justin is feeling having his baby posted on TeH InTaWeb with 20kw missing..NOOOOOO

How do you reckon a mainline Dyno compares to a Dyno dynamics? Im seeing some bascially unmodded cars above nt his page going higher than mine on these other dynos? Makes me wonder what Justins would do on a dynodynamics. But is a moot point i guess and for pissing comps only.

hell yeah thats my thinking too!! i reckon ill get more off dynodynamics... i think the mainline one reads VERY conservatively... :D

Euro08Jaz
01-09-2008, 10:07 PM
wow man 113kw? suxs dude for all that money and time your putting into it, i reckon i could take you with my stock despite your fancy RBC and assortment of mods :p . PLEASE GUYS a 0-100 time at least! the mods look great but i want to know what they are capable of on the road!

EUR003act
01-09-2008, 10:13 PM
wow man 113kw? suxs dude for all that money and time your putting into it, i reckon i could take you with my stock despite your fancy RBC and assortment of mods :p . PLEASE GUYS a 0-100 time at least! the mods look great but i want to know what they are capable of on the road!

will do once i finish my build :p

ms700
02-09-2008, 01:18 PM
How do you reckon a mainline Dyno compares to a Dyno dynamics?
Ive seen some wild variations in Dyno Dynamics as well, something small as not using the air temp probe on the DD dyno's can rob you of 10 - 15 rw/fwkw....

Dyno's should be used as a tuning tool, and what you guys are doing is spot on, using the same dyno, hopefully with the same operator, and just analysing different mods and what difference they can make, power output wise.

aaronng
02-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Shootout mode is what you need. Then you can compare to all the other cars that run on that day. Time for you to make a trip to Sydney for a dynoday on the Dyno Dynamics. LOL

vte18c
02-09-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm enjoying following the progress of your results..

For what it's worth.. The Utunes dyno I have found to be pretty true.. We had a wrx day there last year and all the results were pretty much what you would expect for the mods. Mine made 189.5kw at APC in QLD on a 30C summer day, then made 199.5kw on the Utunes dyno day where it was about 13C and remembering that turbos like the cold.

Christian is a good bloke too..

EUR003act
02-09-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm enjoying following the progress of your results..

For what it's worth.. The Utunes dyno I have found to be pretty true.. We had a wrx day there last year and all the results were pretty much what you would expect for the mods. Mine made 189.5kw at APC in QLD on a 30C summer day, then made 199.5kw on the Utunes dyno day where it was about 13C and remembering that turbos like the cold.

Christian is a good bloke too..

there was an 03 model WRX with APEXi exhaust and cold air intake on the same day i ran mine... (ran two cars after me) he got 123kw atw...

EUR003act
03-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Shootout mode is what you need. Then you can compare to all the other cars that run on that day. Time for you to make a trip to Sydney for a dynoday on the Dyno Dynamics. LOL

you arrange the dyno day (and maybe a cruise) and ill come up to sydney... P.S im staying at your house...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Crapdaz
03-09-2008, 07:43 AM
you arrange the dyno day (and maybe a cruise) and ill come up to sydney... P.S im staying at your house...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

and in his bed with him. puahahaha

EUR003act
03-09-2008, 07:45 AM
and in his bed with him. puahahaha

ill be in bed with my car.... (sorry aaronng, but in fairness to her, she was here before you) :p

Crapdaz
03-09-2008, 07:48 AM
ill be in bed with my car.... (sorry aaronng, but in fairness to her, she was here before you) :p
lol not to be a bit xrated but you can join together for foursome.

you, your B*tchness & aaron and his ghetto queen FTW. :thumbsup:

there is going to be a dyno day on 28th September at TODA in Sydney if your up for it.

EuroAccord13
03-09-2008, 03:50 PM
No to spoil the love and bedding between you guys but please keep the chit chat out k? :D

aaronng
03-09-2008, 04:05 PM
LOL WTF. I don't even have a house yet... haha. I don't have spare room, but I'll let your car take a visitor parking lot. :p

enkay
03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
lol then as he said he will sleep with his car lol

Suntzu
04-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Back on topic boys!

You got any video or audio of your car Justin with the RBC and larger throttle fitted? I want to hear that puppy scream!

When do you reckon you will fit the new head? I wanna come over and have a look at this mighty euro beast!

EUR003act
04-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Back on topic boys!

You got any video or audio of your car Justin with the RBC and larger throttle fitted? I want to hear that puppy scream!

When do you reckon you will fit the new head? I wanna come over and have a look at this mighty euro beast!

havent installed the J32A3 TB yet... waiting to do it all in one build as the RBC has to be removed to have modifications done to fit the TB... no point removing it, putting it back on, and then in a couple weeks doing it all over again! lol

build should be done on 22nd september... hopefully all finished by the 25th...

so videos/dyno's/pics/reviews will be coming out the week after that :D

Crapdaz
04-09-2008, 07:02 PM
cool justin, can't wait.
will be pretty a pretty crazy build

Suntzu
15-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Crap!

Just had my car serviced and the door lock fixed under ext warranty.

I thought my header was a bit loud...so I got them to check the bolts and they were all loose! I forgot to tighten them after i fitted the header 12 months after the header heated up.

Cars smoother and quieter now and seems to have more low rpm power/torque.

Looks like my car was dynoed like this so I must have been robbed by at least a few kw.

Oh well ill do my next mods and redyno!

johnprocter
15-09-2008, 09:40 PM
just curious mate would you say the jtune mild flash was a good buy? or better to spend the 1grand on something else?

Suntzu
15-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Honestly i kinda forgot what it was like without it. I pretty damn sure my basic combination of I/H/Cat + reflash has done a fair bit. Its a lot more drivable. Im hoping it will come alive with some basic additional mods like RBC etc. I fairly confident its knocked off about .7 from 0-100km conservatively. Not that thats a real useful comparison.

Suntzu
07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Ok,

I have overlaid mine and EUR003ACT dynos. Same dyno as we know, very different mods. I did this by hand but is very close. Im doing this analysis to determine the best mod for me next. I prefer to deal in facts than approximations and seat of the old butt. This as as close a dyno result you can get, Similar cars, similar temps, same dyno, same configuration on dyno:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7703/comparedynoww5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

snip

Im about to order the RBC intake manifold. My question is:

Given I have the Jtune Mild flash, which leans the car out a bit, you can see how flat my A/F is in th above graph versus justins with a stock tune, and given I have a 5000rpm vtec point...

..Do you think the RBC might make my car a bit lean? I mean it does richen up a bit at 6000rpm due to the reflash, and justins really starts to lean off, so im hoping i got plenty of safe room for any extra leaness that the RBC should deliver.

It looks like Jtune have removed the leaness spike at 6000rpm and made it stable. Im hoping this will be an avantge when i install the RBC.

Any comments engine gurus?

EUR003act
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Im about to order the RBC intake manifold. My question is:

Given I have the Jtune Mild flash, which leans the car out a bit, you can see how flat my A/F is in th above graph versus justins with a stock tune, and given I have a 5000rpm vtec point...

..Do you think the RBC might make my car a bit lean? I mean it does richen up a bit at 6000rpm due to the reflash, and justins really starts to lean off, so im hoping i got plenty of safe room for any extra leaness that the RBC should deliver.

It looks like Jtune have removed the leaness spike at 6000rpm and made it stable. Im hoping this will be an avantge when i install the RBC.

Any comments engine gurus?

dont forget your prob actually running one unit richer than what the dyno graph says... my wideband a/f logger says its 12 when the dyno reads 12.5-13...

aslong as your below 15 you'll be fine! plenty of room to play with... besides, the stock ecu will learn and adapt to all that extra air :thumbsup:

aaronng
08-10-2008, 07:28 AM
13.5:1 is the leanest I'd ever go....
Some say my balls are big, but they are not big enough to go for 15:1!

enkay
08-10-2008, 08:58 AM
heres my dyno:
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/9079/dynoyu1.jpg

btw mod list is
j's racing intake
maxim headers
2.5" xforce metal cat
nst pulleys

aaronng
08-10-2008, 09:02 AM
^^ Excellent! Looks like a slightly earlier VTEC point might help with that torque hole. Maybe 200-500rpm earlier.

enkay
08-10-2008, 09:29 AM
^^^ cheers =D
haha yer torque hole sucks! damn too bad ecu aint next on ma list haha

Suntzu
08-10-2008, 09:42 AM
thats killing my 118kw and i got similar mods and Jtune! Nice results man. Whats a normal stock on that dyno.

wait till i fit my RBC and ill be baaaaack!

enkay
08-10-2008, 09:49 AM
thats killing my 118kw and i got similar mods and Jtune! Nice results man. Whats a normal stock on that dyno.

from the dyno day
Cranial - CL9..............110.6kW, i think he was stock, not sure as id already left(b4 he came).

Crapdaz - CL9.............. 113.6kw similar mods to me

tahts the other euros that went that day

aaronng
08-10-2008, 10:01 AM

You don't have the Toda header... that makes the biggest difference!

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 10:04 AM
from the dyno day
Cranial - CL9..............110.6kW, i think he was stock, not sure as id already left(b4 he came).

Crapdaz - CL9.............. 113.6kw similar mods to me

tahts the other euros that went that day

i ran like crap wonder if it'll make a difference if i add a feedpipe to the blower.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 10:27 AM
i ran like crap wonder if it'll make a difference if i add a feedpipe to the blower.

Won't be representative of the car as it is driven on the road. :)

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Won't be representative of the car as it is driven on the road. :)

yeh true, on the road you get more direct wind to where my piping is.
ah wells post my smudged results when i get home.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 11:01 AM
yeh true, on the road you get more direct wind to where my piping is.
ah wells post my smudged results when i get home.

And I'll post mine from when I ran earlier in the year. :p

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
And I'll post mine from when I ran earlier in the year. :p

i didn't get torque though for one of my axis, i think it's air/fuel ratio.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 11:14 AM
i didn't get torque though for one of my axis, i think it's air/fuel ratio.

Same for me. Don't need the torque curve, I can calculate that from the power curve. The A/F ratio gives good information as to how much more power you can squeeze out.

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Same for me. Don't need the torque curve, I can calculate that from the power curve. The A/F ratio gives good information as to how much more power you can squeeze out.
anyhow what is the best air/fuel ratio?
or how does it work? and do you know from the top of your head what stock AF is?

aaronng
08-10-2008, 11:23 AM
anyhow what is the best air/fuel ratio?
or how does it work? and do you know from the top of your head what stock AF is?

14.7:1 is stoichiometric. My opinion is that you should max at 13.5:1 at full throttle for power unless you are doing a racing car where you will be checking pistons after every few races. When cruising, then the A/F ratio goes closer to 14.7:1. Other engines like in the Jazz can run higher than 14.7:1 when cruising. I think. I have run on 2 different dynos, car was the same both times. One returned 10.5:1, while the other said 12.5:1 with a dip to 11.8:1 around 5000-6000rpm. So I can't tell which is the proper A/F that the stock car is meant to have!

Cranial
08-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes mine was stock other than my gearbox mods. I have no engine I/H/E mods at all. How how was the outside temperature like when you did your runs Crapdaz? It was hot as hell with 36 degree temps when I did mine. Not too good for dyno readings I dont think (I wonder what it would read on a cold winters day?). I'll post my sheet soon as well. On my sheet, I only have A/F ratio as well, and the line on the graph has a sharp drop halfway on the graph as speed increased for some reason.

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Yes mine was stock other than my gearbox mods. I have no engine I/H/E mods at all. How how was the outside temperature like when you did your runs Crapdaz? It was hot as hell with 36 degree temps when I did mine. Not too good for dyno readings I dont think (I wonder what it would read on a cold winters day?). I'll post my sheet soon as well. On my sheet, I only have A/F ratio as well, and the line on the graph has a sharp drop halfway on the graph as speed increased for some reason.
Yeah around the same as you my face was burnt afterwards.
around 36deg not far from you.

My power was pretty linear up, no sharp drops.

Btw does gearbox mods and clutch + flywheel make a different with power output?

aaronng
08-10-2008, 12:36 PM
On my sheet, I only have A/F ratio as well, and the line on the graph has a sharp drop halfway on the graph as speed increased for some reason.

You'll probably see the same drop on our charts too. Here's mine:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1040/clipboard01fd9.jpg

aaronng
08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Btw does gearbox mods and clutch + flywheel make a different with power output?
Flywheel doesn't increase the peak power, but it should increase the torque and hence power at low and middle RPM.

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 12:45 PM
lol i think stock ecu sprays more fuel on vtec... from all the data logging ive done, cruising you sit about 13.5-14.5 depending how much you got your foot on the accelerator, WOT is around 12.5-13 consitently, and VTEC drops to 11-11.5...

aslong as it stays below 15, (while under throttle) i cant see the engine doing damage, youll just be losing power... as for people worrying about using the RBC and running lean... the ECU relearns it, theyre will be no problem.. :thumbsup:

here is Adrian_Euro's dyno sheet anyway, you can see in his tune a definate richening up on VTEC :thumbsup: very sexy!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/Adrian-DynoLarge.jpg

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Flywheel doesn't increase the peak power, but it should increase the torque and hence power at low and middle RPM.

yups, sorry wasn't specific but it still plays a part.

yeh i thought my AFR was very high, but i can't rmemeber what number it is atm as i am at work.

Suntzu
08-10-2008, 12:51 PM
My A/F is almost completely flat and slowly drops as revs rise but doesn't spike on vtec.

Why do you reckon Jtune did this, to even out the A/F but still keep it safe without pumping in fuel at the 5000rpm vtec point?

Im hoping this flat A/F will give me a boost at VTEC when I put the RBC on this weekend. im excited...!

For Crapdaz: 118kw on a mainline dyno with a loose header, same one Justin got 133kw on.

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 12:53 PM
My A/F is almost completely flat and slowly drops as revs rise but doesn't spike on vtec.

Why do you reckon Jtune did this, to even out the A/F but still keep it safe without pumping in fuel at the 5000rpm vtec point?

Im hoping this flat A/F will give me a boost at VTEC when I put the RBC on this weekend. im excited...!

hey suntzu how much did your car pull again? can't see images as work has blocked uploaded images from photobucket.

akina
08-10-2008, 01:14 PM
heres mine:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9367/081020083731aj1.jpg

Red line = ingen CAI + buddyclub pro spec catback

Blue line = ingen CAI + buddyclub pro spec catback + toda headers + hi-flow metal cat

(this is auto btw)

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 01:17 PM
heres mine:

Red line = ingen CAI + buddyclub pro spec catback

Blue line = ingen CAI + buddyclub pro spec catback + toda headers + hi-flow metal cat

(this is auto btw)

what metal cat did you get and any modifications prior to fitting?

akina
08-10-2008, 01:21 PM
adrian welded the cat onto the test pipe supplied with the headers.
nothing else really needs to be modified for the cat itself.

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 05:22 PM
lol i think stock ecu sprays more fuel on vtec... from all the data logging ive done, cruising you sit about 13.5-14.5 depending how much you got your foot on the accelerator, WOT is around 12.5-13 consitently, and VTEC drops to 11-11.5...

aslong as it stays below 15, (while under throttle) i cant see the engine doing damage, youll just be losing power... as for people worrying about using the RBC and running lean... the ECU relearns it, theyre will be no problem.. :thumbsup:

here is Adrian_Euro's dyno sheet anyway, you can see in his tune a definate richening up on VTEC :thumbsup: very sexy!

his got nice linear power without any dips.
you know what mods he got?

Here is my EPIC FAIL!!!

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/Crapdaz/dynorun.jpg

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 06:34 PM
lol its funy because the paper is creased :p

lol still love you tho! :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 06:38 PM
lol its funy because the paper is creased :p

lol still love you tho! :thumbsup:

yeh hahahahaha.....wait til i get my K&N apollo air filter with bumper replaced to force feed air, and i'll see how much i run.
somehow i don't know how but got some moisture and you can see it smudged.

Thanks for your love mate, but i am taken puahahah :p

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 06:40 PM
yeh hahahahaha.....wait til i get my K&N apollo air filter with bumper replaced to force feed air, and i'll see how much i run.
somehow i don't know how but got some moisture and you can see it smudged.

Thanks for your love mate, but i am taken puahahah :p

lol hey... my heart goes out to Evelyn as always... but what she dont know :p

hahaha water hey? sure it was water? lol

still good effort tho... i reckon you should get an RBC... then you can be more like me lol :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 07:28 PM
lol hey... my heart goes out to Evelyn as always... but what she dont know :p

hahaha water hey? sure it was water? lol

still good effort tho... i reckon you should get an RBC... then you can be more like me lol :thumbsup:

waiting for you to make one for me. :p

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 07:38 PM
waiting for you to make one for me. :p

will do!

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 07:38 PM
will do!
Need a set of Toda! Cheers mate.

what area are you located in the CAN?

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Need a set of Toda! Cheers mate.

what area are you located in the CAN?

tuggers bra!

how the f*ck come you didnt tell me you were down on the weekend!? we couldve hung out! :p lol

Suntzu
08-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Ill have my RBC fitted by sunday ! ( with a little help from justin)

Then i can join the RBC club.

Frank club next!

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Ill have my RBC fitted by sunday ! ( with a little help from justin)

Then i can join the RBC club.

Frank club next!

hahahaha yeah im free sunday... let me know if you need me to come drill/tap your nipple :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
tuggers bra!

how the f*ck come you didnt tell me you were down on the weekend!? we couldve hung out! :p lol

Hahahah yeh sorry matie, i took mum down cause dad is working there for a month.
Celebrated for his birthday so can't really come and visit you love! :angel:
next time....

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Hahahah yeh sorry matie, i took mum down cause dad is working there for a month.
Celebrated for his birthday so can't really come and visit you love! :angel:
next time....

swear to g*d i couldve celebrated with you! lmao...

no probs buddy... next time let me know... im gonna arrange a euro meet in the next month or so :thumbsup:

aaronng
08-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Nice AF ratios, Darren. :thumbsup: Too bad it doesn't climb back up ater the dip to make more power.

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks aaron.

BOO to my power O/P.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks aaron.

BOO to my power O/P.
It was a hot day after all. I'll give the next dyno day a try once I get my top speed headers back on. THen I'll have some comparable numbers to yours.

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 08:36 PM
It was a hot day after all. I'll give the next dyno day a try once I get my top speed headers back on. THen I'll have some comparable numbers to yours.

:eek: so you'll compare to daz but not me? typical mod behaviour :p

lol jokes jokes... ill be up for the next dyno day for sure! :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM

you'll put us all to shame.

:o:o:o:o:o

yeh no worries aaron, hopefully i can get my kit on by then.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Topspeed vs Toda. Like using an ant to challenge a praying mantis. LOL
Can't wait to see your car in person! Tempting me to go RBC too. LOL. Will RBC mate directly with J32A TB without the bypass problem?

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Topspeed vs Toda. Like using an ant to challenge a praying mantis. LOL
Can't wait to see your car in person! Tempting me to go RBC too. LOL. Will RBC mate directly with J32A TB without the bypass problem?

lol everyone wants to see my car in person :p

hahahah

do it! RBC FTW!!!

RBC will mate with J32A3 the exact same as the RBB will... ie: it needs idle bypass blocked off! that can be as simple as gaffer tape (like i did for my trial run) or getting manifold welded up, or blanking gasket made up... :thumbsup:

aaronng
08-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Damn.... no easy direct bolt on fix then... Hopefully someone an FN2R owner will be tempted to go for FD2R intake manifold and TB, so i can pick that off him.

Suntzu
09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
My RBC has arrived! yippee! Install the weekend. just got to pick up spare TB gasket and find our what size hole I have to tap and nipple etc so I can buy parts.

excellent.

snYpz
09-10-2008, 01:34 PM
My RBC has arrived! yippee! Install the weekend. just got to pick up spare TB gasket and find our what size hole I have to tap and nipple etc so I can buy parts.

excellent.

Where'd you buy it and how much?
really interested :)

Suntzu
09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
JDMYARD was $450 delivered to canberra. I can claim the gst fortunately!

Install on Sat!

snYpz
09-10-2008, 01:47 PM
JDMYARD was $450 delivered to canberra. I can claim the gst fortunately!

Install on Sat!

Man that is bloody awesome. Im sooo tempting to order a set as well.
Let me know if any major difficulties with install and performance difference. I have pulleys on order and if install rbc as well, that would be it for me in terms of performance mods :)

Merlin086
09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Ok, finally got mine done after replacing my headers with a custom made set that won't fall apart when I drive the car like the last set!

Mods
One of those JXXXE extreme kits with custom headers.
Out of pocket costs......about 6.3K

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2039/dynoscan1bv1.th.jpg (http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dynoscan1bv1.jpg)

..and here's my old headers when I replaced them.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/4493/0000722vx4.th.jpg (http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0000722vx4.jpg)
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3310/0000721aq6.th.jpg (http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0000721aq6.jpg)

aaronng
09-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Damnnnnn.... looks like they really went at it with a hammer to get it to fit.

Merlin086
09-10-2008, 03:51 PM

haha...and it was still rubbing!...for 9 months!...

Chris_F
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM
wow, that Jtune header looks pretty dodgey.

Still, at least your torque curve looks nice and flat. Hopefully you can start to enjoy driving the car, now that you have the custom header.

Crapdaz
09-10-2008, 09:26 PM
we've found a winner!!

someone more ghetto than aaron!!! :p

yfin
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Ok, finally got mine done after replacing my headers with a custom made set that won't fall apart when I drive the car like the last set!

Mods

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2039/dynoscan1bv1.th.jpg (http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dynoscan1bv1.jpg)

Bit dissapointed with those numbers with jtune extreme kit fitted. 133.4kw after spending well over $4000 plus fitting? Not that impressed. Do you have a base line when your car was stock on that dyno?

akina
09-10-2008, 09:35 PM
wow... i would expect more than 133kw with the Jtune EXTREME given I/H/E + ECU tune!

aaronng
09-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I remember Jtune saying that they didn't focus on peak power but instead focussed on gaining a fat torque curve.

Chris_F
09-10-2008, 09:56 PM
it's hard to compare between dynos. 133kw is still quite high in terms of peak power.

but look at the bloody torque curve

EUR003act
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I remember Jtune saying that they didn't focus on peak power but instead focussed on gaining a fat torque curve.

it's hard to compare between dynos. 133kw is still quite high in terms of peak power.

but look at the bloody torque curve

definately!

compare that torque curve to mine or any other euro dyno... the jtune torque curve is very nice!

aaronng
10-10-2008, 01:05 AM
definately!

compare that torque curve to mine or any other euro dyno... the jtune torque curve is very nice!

I drove one of the demo cars, and the sensation you get from the torque curve is interesting. You pull harder in the next gear at 5000rpm than you do in the previous gear at 7000rpm. So it makes you want to change gears (and enjoy doing so because of the added acceleration) and should also make the car quicker in the 1/4 mile.

Euro08Jaz
10-10-2008, 02:50 AM
thats it. dynos are good indicators but it all comes down to the 1/4 mile

acura_ek1
10-10-2008, 04:59 AM

excellent.

let us know how it goes champ!

EuroAccord13
10-10-2008, 03:01 PM
At first, I too concentrated on outright power but at the end of the day, going from my stock run of 103.6Kw to 143.4Kws was not a massive increase but having as much as 60Nm extra at the wheels makes so much of a difference when the car is pulling uphill.

EUR003act
10-10-2008, 03:11 PM
At first, I too concentrated on outright power but at the end of the day, going from my stock run of 103.6Kw to 143.4Kws was not a massive increase but having as much as 60Nm extra at the wheels makes so much of a difference when the car is pulling uphill.

hehehe all i originally wanted was highest possible max power... but when i did my build i realised having power from 600rpm to 6000rpm is much more important than from 6000-7400rpm...

johnprocter
10-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Wow the accereration on that would be very nice Merlin with all that torque

Suntzu
10-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Its a fantastic result with a solid performance curve on the torque. I'd love. Pity about the issues with Jtune Extreme or I would have upgraded to it. If they had this under control thered be heaps of customers....

Suntzu
12-11-2008, 10:22 AM
OK, I got the RBC as you know. I have now fixed/ tighted my header. That helped.

AND

I have replaced my flexpipe with a double braided on on the topspeed SS header. It was cracked.

Its a LOT quieter and it seems to have more torque and smoother power delivery. Its noticeable.

On thing I do notice now its all fixed is that its doesnt seem to be reving as hard at 6000rpm +. Then again that could be pyschological as its quieter.

Is it possible that with my mods the stock exhaust is now restricting my top end? I didnt notice it with the flex pipe as it was cracked an releasing pressure no doubt...

I have:

Jtune Mild
Comptech Icebox with KN mod
Topspeed SS Header ( flexpipe fixed)
300 cell Cat
RBC
TB Bypass
Hondata heatshield Gasket

Might be time to dyno again think...

Crapdaz
12-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Do it!!!
What was your last dyno figure russ?

Chris_F
12-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Replacing the stock exhaust with a dual outlet exhaust has minimal gains on a stock standard car with no ecu tuning. Maybe a few hp if you're lucky.

But your car is far from standard and, with the reflashed ECU, I have a feeling the stock exhaust might be holding you back a little (hard to know without dyno testing). If you want to maximise your gains, single outlet 2.5" to 3" exhausts are proven to work well with modified k series engines. A good exhaust shop will be able to make you a 2.5" single outlet exhaust, 1 resonator (good brand like magnaflow), 1 muffler (good brand like magnaflow) and mandrel bent stainless steel piping for about $1k.

But if you want to keep the dual outlet look of the exhaust you'll be looking at a few hundred more if you go custom. There's also plenty of aftermarket options from Japan and the US. But with the Aussie dollar the way it is at the moment though your going to be paying more than usual.

I'm keen to see a new dyno for your car!

Crapdaz
12-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Replacing the stock exhaust with a dual outlet exhaust has minimal gains on a stock standard car with no ecu tuning. Maybe a few hp if you're lucky.

But your car is far from standard and, with the reflashed ECU, I have a feeling the stock exhaust might be holding you back a little (hard to know without dyno testing). If you want to maximise your gains, single outlet 2.5" to 3" exhausts are proven to work well with modified k series engines. A good exhaust shop will be able to make you a 2.5" single outlet exhaust, 1 resonator (good brand like magnaflow), 1 muffler (good brand like magnaflow) and mandrel bent stainless steel piping for about $1k.

But if you want to keep the dual outlet look of the exhaust you'll be looking at a few hundred more if you go custom. There's also plenty of aftermarket options from Japan and the US. But with the Aussie dollar the way it is at the moment though your going to be paying more than usual.

just wondering on a side note if you have 2 resonators, 1 hotdog and other larger which one would be best to remove?

Suntzu
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM

I think our stock exhaust is 57mm. ( about 2.25 inch). Id love to try a 2.5 single custom system but theres a few people here ( Junyu I think) who tried this and got a lot of noise and resonance and I cant stand that. Im totally happy witht he amount of noise my car generates for the power at the moment. So I would do it but dunno if i can take any rice droning.:eek:

That being said, the 06-08TSX went to a 62.5mm exhaust and that was after a small power increase of about 7kw I think.
So it must be worth it as 62mm is about 2.5 inch.

My last dyno was 118kw and normal euros were about 102kw ( on that dyno) so im up about 15kw, plus my latest mods Im guessing around 125kwatw now easy.

So gieven honda upped the exhaust for 7kw, i may be hitting the limit for the 57mm exhaust.

Hard to say...

aaronng
12-11-2008, 10:59 AM
If you stick with dual outlet, make sure that your exhaust guy does the split and bends perfectly, as those are the sections that restrict flow compared to a single outlet of the same diameter.

Chris_F
12-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I think our stock exhaust is 57mm. ( about 2.25 inch). Id love to try a 2.5 single custom system but theres a few people here ( Junyu I think) who tried this and got a lot of noise and resonance and I cant stand that. Im totally happy witht he amount of noise my car generates for the power at the moment. So I would do it but dunno if i can take any rice droning.:eek:

That being said, the 06-08TSX went to a 62.5mm exhaust and that was after a small power increase of about 7kw I think.
So it must be worth it as 62mm is about 2.5 inch.

My last dyno was 118kw and normal euros were about 102kw ( on that dyno) so im up about 15kw, plus my latest mods Im guessing around 125kwatw now easy.

So gieven honda upped the exhaust for 7kw, i may be hitting the limit for the 57mm exhaust.

Hard to say...

Yea I have a 2.5" custom exhaust with a supercat 2.5" (internal) resonator and a supercat 2.25" (internal) muffler. It's loud, probably twice as loud as a J's racing exhaust so it's definitely not for everyone. It also has a really aggressive exhaust note which some will love and others will hate. The car literally screams at high rpm and feels a bit stronger on the butt dyno then when I had the J's racing.

A couple of larger, good quality resonators would take the volume down without impacting the flow too seriously, if at all. So it's definitely possible to have a custom exhaust that sounds good with no rice droning - you just have to find an exhaust shop that knows what they're talking about, sells good quality mufflers like supercat/magnaflow and knows how to design a system that will meet your sound level requirements.

From the dynos I've seen in the states most highly modified k-series are running 3" exhausts. But they're putting out in excess of 230whp which is the equivalent of about 200-210whp (147/150wkw) on an Australian dyno.

With the J's racing I was putting out about 124kw, a stock euro with only k&N panel filter put out about 111kw on the same day on the same dyno. So the ecu flash has definitely added a fair whack of power to your car if your putting out 15-16kw more than a standard car. Based on that, and what you've said, a 2.5" exhaust definitely wouldn't hurt with your setup. I'm just not sure how much more flow you'd get out a dual system if you decide to go that way.

Once I get my car tuned I'm hoping the true benift of my maxim works header and 2.5" single outlet exhaust is exposed. The difference between components (header, exhuast, intake etc.) is much harder to judge untill they've been tuned. Since your car has already been flashed, you should notice an improvement straight away from the less restrictive exhaust.

If you stick with dual outlet, make sure that your exhaust guy does the split and bends perfectly, as those are the sections that restrict flow compared to a single outlet of the same diameter.

That's good advice. It's also part of the reason I went with a single outlet setup. The high-end off the shelf jap exhausts like Fujitsubo have well designed splits but when you go custom it can be a different story... it adds complexity, more welding and more possibility for the exhaust shop to stuff up.

Suntzu
12-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Awesome advice. The problem is that in my area I dont trust any of the exhaust joints I have spoken too...

Did you get a plug or your missing gap when the other dual exhaust is? What others mods have you got as im trying to get an idea of the improvements your exhaust might have had.

Chris_F
12-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Awesome advice. The problem is that in my area I dont trust any of the exhaust joints I have spoken too...

Did you get a plug or your missing gap when the other dual exhaust is? What others mods have you got as im trying to get an idea of the improvements your exhaust might have had.

Yea, I'd say it's best to avoid custom exhausts untill you find a shop you can trust. It might be worth asking around at a few performance orientated workshops to see who they recommend.

I was trying for months to get the OEM exhaust plug to fill the gap. Cost was abot $80 but the guy who offered to send the part over backed out.

Mods at the time of dyno:

GruppeM intake
Maxim works exhaust manifold
JDM Accord Euro R metal substrate catalyic convertor (300 CEL i believe)
J's racing 60rs single outlet exhaust

Result = 124.5kw

The maxim works header made the most noticeable difference to power on the butt dyno. The gruppeM felt a bit better than the 60rs in terms of gains. The custom exhaust felt like a slight improvement when compared to the 60rs at high RPM.

If we conservatively say my car gained 12kw over a standard car, the break down in gains (in my opinion) from the parts would be:

Maxim works exhaust manfiold: 6kw atw
Gruppe M intake: 4kw atw
J's racing Exhaust: 2kw atw

With the larger 2.5" exhaust I might say 3-4kw, only a very slight improvement over the J's racing 2.35" (60mm) exhaust.

I definitely feel like the car needs a tune now to get the most out of the mods- the power band has really shifted to high rpm. If I can find my dyno sheet I'll post it up for you. You'll be able to see the big spike in power once vtec engages. A lower vtec point and some changes to ignition/fuel and VTC would make a world of difference. I would be hoping for at least another 10kw with my mods after tuning.

Summary: single outlet exhaust does no where near as much as a good header, but with tuning/reflashed ecu, your much more likely to take advantage of the increased flow it provides.

Suntzu
25-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Might get a custom exhaust then. Maybe 2.5 inch single with twin resonators and a loop muffler to quieten it down. Mild steel to save costs and my car wont wear out an exhaust in the next 18 months ( when i get a new car).

You reckon a single 2.5 inch will do it ok over stock?

enkay
27-11-2008, 08:40 PM
anyone see this?
http://hondata.com/kpro_dual_ecu_tsx.html

Chris_F
27-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Might get a custom exhaust then. Maybe 2.5 inch single with twin resonators and a loop muffler to quieten it down. Mild steel to save costs and my car wont wear out an exhaust in the next 18 months ( when i get a new car).

You reckon a single 2.5 inch will do it ok over stock?

A 2.5" exhaust should make a noticable difference. Will be intersesting to see what sort of gains you get with the flash. :thumbsup:

Benson
30-11-2008, 07:34 PM
O5 Accord Euro R motor
Kpro
TDM headers
3inch Exhaust
Intake + filter
RBC manifold
Type R Throttle Body

144.7kw (base run)

Stay tuned for the final output once more tuning is done

Crapdaz
30-11-2008, 07:47 PM
what your using a EG chassis?

shouldn't it be under civic build then?

Suntzu
30-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Benson,

What this tells me is that if we had tuning for the K24 then we would be getting big gains as most of us have very similar if not more mods than that and arent getting near those figures...

Benson
30-11-2008, 07:57 PM
what your using a EG chassis?

shouldn't it be under civic build then?

And your point is?

This is to show what a K24a3 euro motor can produce with the mods as listed.

aaronng
30-11-2008, 08:34 PM
O5 Accord Euro R motor
Kpro
TDM headers
3inch Exhaust
Intake + filter
RBC manifold
Type R Throttle Body

144.7kw (base run)

Stay tuned for the final output once more tuning is done

You mean Euro (k24a), not Euro R (k20a)?

johnprocter
30-11-2008, 08:38 PM
And your point is?

This is to show what a euro R motor can produce with the mods as listed.

but euro R engine is diff to euro engine dude

Benson
30-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Sorry its a K24a3 motor.

Chris_F
01-12-2008, 12:18 PM
impressive numbers for bolt-ons only (with tuning)

johnprocter
01-12-2008, 12:31 PM
didnt know tuning makes such a big difference i think its time i get a tune

aaronng
01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
didnt know tuning makes such a big difference i think its time i get a tune

You need the supporting bolt ons too.

johnprocter
02-12-2008, 01:39 PM
You need the supporting bolt ons too.

you mean I/H/E yeah?

Crapdaz
02-12-2008, 01:45 PM
you mean I/H/E yeah?
yes and other mods if you have.

johnprocter
02-12-2008, 01:55 PM
yeah got DC sports headers, j's racing single outlet titanium exhaust and SRI so i think its time for a tune, i was thinking emanage ultimate

Crapdaz
02-12-2008, 01:59 PM
yeah got DC sports headers, j's racing single outlet titanium exhaust and SRI so i think its time for a tune, i was thinking emanage ultimate

yeh go for it

$650-750 depending on Oz dollar for unit <--- 1100
$200+/- for Boomslang harness <--- 400+
$650 for tuning <--- 500 by toda

this is a guesstimate breakdown of what i have calculated, from quotes i have gotten.

Suntzu
02-12-2008, 02:13 PM
But no VTC control yes? So therefore no cams? I cant see the point going from my current boltons + Jtune mild to Emanage for a few extra KW UNLESS I have room to add cams and tune with VTC later. Now its getting to Exxcy so im out. bugger

Crapdaz
02-12-2008, 02:15 PM
yeh no Vtec control, but you only can lower the engagement of vtec.

if you use Vmanage thats alot more money owing so around 2k-2.5k all up for the whole package of Emanage ult + vmanage + harness + tuning

UPDATED PRICE

Chris_F
02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
At that price, your better of going for the Vipec or the upcomming Haltech platinum pro, both will soon be capable of running drive by wire.

(Still waiting on the Vipec DBW upgrade to be made available to the public)

Crapdaz
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
At that price, your better of going for the Vipec or the upcomming Haltech platinum pro, both will soon be capable of running drive by wire.

(Still waiting on the Vipec DBW upgrade to be made available to the public)

well i got my unit for $650 + $200 harness + tuning will be $500 so it'll be alright.

hahah damn ozzie dollar jacked carpart price sky high.

Benson
02-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Guys, there will be a new ECU on the market for Honda's. Its call the Vipec and will be price very competitive against the Hondata.

It will be made for plug and play. Its has the capabilities of high end computer such as the Motec and Autronic

It should be on the market within a couple of months. I wouldnt waste my money on these piggy back computer. Its just pointless

johnprocter
02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
yeah Chris_F has been raving about it for awhile

aaronng
02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Guys, there will be a new ECU on the market for Honda's. Its call the Vipec and will be price very competitive against the Hondata.

It will be made for plug and play. Its has the capabilities of high end computer such as the Motec and Autronic

It should be on the market within a couple of months. I wouldnt waste my money on these piggy back computer. Its just pointless

Does the motec also sit between the stock ECU output and injectors/ignition/VTC?

Benson
02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
i belive the stock ECU will be remove

ITs a standalone Type ECU.

aaronng
02-12-2008, 06:54 PM

Will be interesting to see if it supports climate control, sunlight sensor, cabin temperature, cruise control and VSA. That also means that the car loses its immobiliser function.

EUR003act
02-12-2008, 06:58 PM

if its a stand alone unit... i VERY MUCH DOUBT it would keep VSA / Traction control / Air con / immobiliser / cruise control as all these features are currently controlled via the stock ECU...

Benson
02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
i might be wrong, gota wait until its get release

Chris_F
02-12-2008, 07:24 PM

There are a few guys already running the Vipec ecu in Hondas with good results. According to their site already have a plug and play ECU for some B-series hondas?

I'll be getting one for my car as soon as the drive-by-wire option for the V88 model ECU is made available to the general public.

yeah Chris_F has been raving about it for awhile

haha, yep I have. Glad you noticed! It looks like a great product.

if its a stand alone unit... i VERY MUCH DOUBT it would keep VSA / Traction control / Air con / immobiliser / cruise control as all these features are currently controlled via the stock ECU...

I've also looked into MOTEC m400. You do need retain the factory ecu for certain functions if you want but it can do things like traction control and air con on its own.

For those that are curious, the m400 is about $2900, VTC control is a $300 option and drive by wire control is a $385 option. You can also purchase traction control which is even more $$$. So about $3500 for the MOTEC ecu. With another $2000 for the harness, installation and tuning. You wont get much change from $6000.

For between $3000-$3500 you will be able to get a Vipec V88 (flagship model) ECU fully installed and tuned. That includes traction control, full i-vtec control, drive by wire control - everything. It's still not cheap but compared to the MOTEC option it's good value for money.

fatboyz39
02-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes Vipec ECU are plug and play for OBd1 and Obd2 honda's now.

Benson
02-12-2008, 07:42 PM

Mods

..and here's my old headers when I replaced them.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/4493/0000722vx4.th.jpg (http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0000722vx4.jpg)
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3310/0000721aq6.th.jpg (http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0000721aq6.jpg)

Damn that is a real dissapointment. 6.3k down the drain with no real result. These stock euro motors can make easy 145-150kw with the right bolts-ons and tuning.

You can basically get the power from intake and a catback exhaust.

That torque curve is not even impressive, look it at drop from the middle of the graph. With the amount of moneh you spent you would expect a torque curve to be flat right to redline. It shouldnt drop off that much.

If i was Jtune, ill be considering the change in parts selected or pricing.:thumbdwn:

I feel sorry for the owner

TODA AU
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
http://www.vi-pec.com/ (http://www.vi-pec.com/)
http://www.linkecu.com/ (http://www.linkecu.com/)
;)

johnprocter
03-12-2008, 05:49 AM
just curious if one day i wanted to sell the euro (god forbid :P) and i had vi-pec, could i take it out and use it in another car that i bought?

tony1234
03-12-2008, 06:12 AM
http://www.vi-pec.com/ (http://www.vi-pec.com/)
http://www.linkecu.com/ (http://www.linkecu.com/)
;)
So Adrian what do you suggest as a good stand alone setup for the Euro at a reasonable price?One that retains DBW and cruise.

fatboyz39
03-12-2008, 08:06 AM
just curious if one day i wanted to sell the euro (god forbid :P) and i had vi-pec, could i take it out and use it in another car that i bought?

99% you can.

Crapdaz
03-12-2008, 08:18 AM
you can just need to pay megabucks to get it retuned again and a harness to suit the ECU for the car.

johnprocter
03-12-2008, 09:09 AM
ahhh we can never win with cars LOL

TODA AU
03-12-2008, 10:59 AM
So Adrian what do you suggest as a good stand alone setup for the Euro at a reasonable price?One that retains DBW and cruise.

The ViPEC would likley be a good if not exellent tuning solution if it does actually run everything as suggested in this forum.
Having not tried one on a Euro, I honestly can't give you a definate answer regarding this system other than on paper it looks good.
The software is quite comprehensive & flexible & it appears to have a good dealer base.
What I did notice is that the ViPEC system is essentially identical to PC Link (save for the name)
So much so I would guess this system is a re-branded LINK.
(Ie: V44 = G4 Storm & V88 = G4 Xtreme)

That aside, with the pricing Chriss gave of $3~3500 fitted & tuned,
It's a fairly competative price, especially when compared to equivelant systems.
For example, the Hondata K-Pro twin ECU system would likley set you back close to $4000 + tuning. Please note: I haven't actually tested the pricing as yet so this is a guess based on US retail & current value of the Australian dollar.
For those on a tight budget, systems like Haltech interceptor & Greddy Emanage still represent good value for money.
Sure, cam control (VTC) isn't included but they still work.