PDA

View Full Version : CD5 foglight help

Rico
17-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, just had my CD5 foglights sitting around the room for about 4 months now and decided its time to put them on.
Seeing as they never came with instructions I have no idea where to start. I've searched the net for a wiring diagram for them but can't seem to find any. In the front bumper there seems to be one plug which looks that it can fit with the foglights plug but only one...
can anyone help me?!

destrukshn
17-07-2007, 10:56 AM
pics?
does it come with a harness?
or do you ahve to make your own?

Rico
18-07-2007, 03:04 PM
sorry for the quality, it was taken on my phone

pretty much this is all it is, same as the other one...

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3851/foglightwu4.jpg

18-07-2007, 04:19 PM
just do diy type job :p. cut that plug. and see how many wires it comes with.. usually 2 wires.

1 ground and 1 live negative.

run a wire through ur bumper to the cabin where you might wanted a switch.
on and off switch. then wire it out to your electrical system.

best way is find the power under the steering wheel. or you can just connect it to the battery.

hope this help ya :)

Xplodin
19-07-2007, 12:05 PM
just do diy type job :p. cut that plug. and see how many wires it comes with.. usually 2 wires.

1 ground and 1 live negative.

run a wire through ur bumper to the cabin where you might wanted a switch.
on and off switch. then wire it out to your electrical system.

best way is find the power under the steering wheel. or you can just connect it to the battery.

hope this help ya :)
I'd agree with him. Some how i dont think that, that plug is for the Fogs. I think its for somthing else. You can't have a one eyed Foglights can you now? LOL

In terms of wiring i'll probly use a realy system. i don't know if you know how to use one but its fairly straight forward. And this also prevents you from forgetting to turn off your foglights as well when your lights are off.

Pretty much you need to find a 12v source which only puts out 12 volts when you have your parkers or your lights on. Good source is the dimmer wire on the radio. This will act like a switch with the relay If you have 12volts then you can turn your fogs on. if not they will turn off. Then wire the fog lights to the relay then to the battery. Simple! I did it on my mates corolla with a Switch and all! Works perfectly! And till this day has no problems what so ever!

19-07-2007, 06:48 PM
oh make sure not DODGEY !!! DIY :p u dun want to got electricuted when u touch your car LOL !!!

Xplodin
20-07-2007, 11:30 AM
oh make sure not DODGEY !!! DIY :p u dun want to got electricuted when u touch your car LOL !!!
The Last thing you want is dodgey wiring! Make sure you insulate any exposed wire A good thing i like to use rather than electrical tape is Heat shrink. Awsome stuff! about 2 bucks for about 2m of the stuff and all you need is a lighter to heat it up! Then Let it shrink!

SiReal
23-07-2007, 02:33 PM
that plug should plug into an OEM harness of some sort. and then into OEM switch, etc etc.

23-07-2007, 05:55 PM
The problem is this FOG light come as an accessories on CD5 while it was a standard on CD6.

We dont have the Built in plug as CD6 does.. but Honda does sells the Kit to fit this one. including all the wires, plugs and swtiches.

so either u buy that Kit or DIY :p ... but i wouldnt sure wether Aus Honda made them as an options before..

Rico
24-07-2007, 05:41 PM
hmmm, ill see into in next time im down at honda, thing is that kit will prob end up costing me a shit load seeing as honda are thieves when it comes to buying spare parts

thanks for the info guys, ill let ya know what happens in the coming weeks!

Rico
02-08-2007, 10:02 AM
ok rang up every honda dealer in sydney, none of them have the kit, looks like i'll have to DIY, bit of a noob on electronics but my mate isnt so he can help me, but can someone write an easy DIY? just to make things easier :D

02-08-2007, 12:28 PM
ahhaha i will write one if i have the fog light :p LOL!!!

SiReal
02-08-2007, 02:53 PM
This is what I got from OH a while back. just a simple diagram.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6260&stc=1&d=1186030411

Rico
10-08-2007, 05:50 PM
hmm alright cheers for that man ill see what me and my mate can work up.

Its a bit annoying, checked all over the net for a wiring kit to the foglights and found nothing, I've got both front foggies and the OEM foglight switch but no wires, bah!