PDA

View Full Version : Confused with my fuel level today.

rwq358
17-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi guys i just bought a 95 accord vti last week. There is somethin bugging me and make me shock today. I had a quater left of fuel according to the gauges. and this mornin, i try to pull the car a bit, and suddenly the fuel gauges arrow was dropping so fast to E, but the fuel warning light was not come on. I was so shocked and try to find a petrol station, once i went in, and sttle the car, suddenly the fuel arrow is back to quater again.

is this normal for honda accord? Since i also owned civic and crv and never see this thing happen. Sorry i'm a bit dumb about engine

Vinnie
17-07-2007, 03:00 PM
cd5 accords are known to have issues with the fuel sender unit and the fact that the fuel would have been sloshing around under heavy load as well might have led to the faulty reading.

rwq358
17-07-2007, 03:05 PM
do you know the solution to this?

Luke Accord
17-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey mate don't know the solution to this but it happens in my accord also. What i do to compensate for it is to always reset the kilometres travelled when i fill up and note how many litres i put in then i know how far i can go before i need to fill up. But usually the fuel gauge is fairly accurate just on the odd ocassion when it does drop rapidly i know wether to be concerned or not.
Cheers.

18-07-2007, 04:35 PM
common on cd accords. is the fuel gauge sender.

its just behind the rear passenger seat. change it to 2nd hand or a new one.
only cost under 100 i think. i changes mine like 2 years ago ? when i had my car.

it was the same problem with you.

hope it helps ya :)

94_Accord
18-07-2007, 05:49 PM
yer ive also got the same problem in my accord.. i will fill the car up but it will not go to F.. it will sit between full and 3/4 full, and when ive got around a 1/4 left ive noticed it drops to empty too..

if u dont want to change it then just keep an eye on ur km count.. thats what i do..

but when it really is empty ur light will come on.. mine does

j.meng87
20-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Mine have the same problem. Called Honda parts department and was quote $130 ish including GST. not hard to fix as you only need to remove the access cover (3screws) and another 3 bolts that secure the unit to the tank. Should take no longer than 30mins to fix. If only Honda made the fuel pump this easy to access also.

21-07-2007, 12:09 AM
our fuel pump is the craze :p lol have to take the tank out b4 u change it LOL!!!

tmy
22-07-2007, 01:32 PM
i have the same issue.
My fuel light doesnt come on till my guage is sitting right on E. Then i know i have another 80km Left in the tank. Thats when using 98 Octane.

I also watch my km's just to be sure.
I'm averaging 600 per tank, without hitting VTEC regulary. But when i do hit VTEC my guage goes down and until ive parked my car for 10mins it will stay down.

Riviera
31-07-2007, 09:46 PM
only time it gets to F is if ur hooning hahaha taking corners stopping starting heaps we all have the problem i did 150km after it was on quater tank lol still never got a warning light just filled it for piece of mind