PDA

View Full Version : AP2 rear bar!

MRSPCS
17-07-2007, 05:17 PM
hey guys another question.. i was just wondering if the AP2 rear bar fits onto the AP1.. has it been done before, or anyone know of it being done? will it need minor modifications or just bolt straight on...
once again, help would be much appreciated!

cheers, Kare

WhiteAP1
17-07-2007, 05:20 PM
its been covered many times before,yes u can pretty much retro fit everything from an AP2 onto and AP1, try searching

.::F[L]Y::.
17-07-2007, 05:27 PM
theres a diy somewhere on s2ki.com

from memory i think you need to modify the tail lights abit to get the rear bar to fit. Or you could simply get the AP2 rear bar+ AP2 rear tail lights

MRSPCS
17-07-2007, 05:39 PM
^^ i wasn't sure that the tail lights fit straight on.. can someone confirm this for me?

chicken8
17-07-2007, 07:40 PM
confirmed that it will either fit

or it won't

ludecrs
17-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Taillights don't fit without getting a dremmel out and cutting a 3" hole in the back of the bodywork behind where the old taillights sit.

Old taillights have 2 big buldges. New ones have 3.

AP2 rear bar is a direct fit.

ROLLED
19-07-2007, 06:24 PM
I've got the AP2 rear bar, it's a direct fit

MRSPCS
19-07-2007, 07:42 PM
perfect fitment with the old tailights aswell?

jko2
19-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes it is,

AP2 rear lights have the exact shape. Just the centre bit needs an extra hole.

MRSPCS
20-07-2007, 05:02 PM
anyone know where i can get these items from? rear+front bar and tail lights?

ludecrs
21-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I can hook you up with a set of AP2 rears, brand new for $500 posted to you from the US of A from an S2ki.com member. I highly recommend spending the extra $200US and buying the HardTopGuy.com AP2 taillight conversion kit too though.

As for the front bar and rear bar.... I can't help there. Best bet is finding someone on s2ki.com who is willing to post them out to you..... It took me 3 attempts to get an Invidia V3 to my door.... I'd suggest the same will happen for the front and rear bars being so large.

My side skirts also had the same issue....

MRSPCS
24-07-2007, 09:42 PM
^^ I may just be interested in the AP2 rear tail lights!
PM sent.

29-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Ludecrs- is there a DIY on the tail light conversion? also with the sockets for the tail lights is it just the existing ones?

ROLLED
29-07-2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183447

check that out FLY

29-07-2007, 03:28 PM
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183447

check that out FLY

thanks mate :thumbsup:

ludecrs
29-07-2007, 06:17 PM
so your the "sydney guy" that got a set off the s2ki member, "SpoonZ".... :p

ROLLED
29-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Mine should be arriving within the week or so, picked up a set from ebay $300US + $50US postage

ludecrs
29-07-2007, 07:04 PM
You're all copycats!

lol, seriously though, thats a good buy, $400. 2nd hand I presume?

Do you know when your "other" piece is arriving?

Did you buy the HardTopGuy kit...... trust me.... its worth it...

ROLLED
29-07-2007, 07:10 PM
hahah yes 2nd hand but I saw the pics, they look good so I guess I'll just wait and see!

My "other" bit...I actually haven't heard anything about it but I'm guessing it's still at least a month off?

Well the only thing I could find on the HTG website was like $528? I presume that price included the tail lights and the mounting hardware etc? Do you know if he just sells the mounting bits and pieces seperately?

ludecrs
29-07-2007, 07:23 PM
He sells them seperately for $150US including postage to Oz.

Kit contains:
Tail lamp gaskets, 2 new sockets, 4 wire connectors and complete instructions.

You can Paypal me those funds at jeff@hardtopguy.com and I’ll ship out the kit minus the tail lamps.

Thanks.

kaiske
30-07-2007, 11:43 AM
i did this ages ago! hahah your the copy cat!

haha kidding,

How does it fit? you don't post that much on s2ki anymore?

BTW - if anyone wants sockets let me know.. i baught some and never had to use them.... -___- - pref someone from sydney.

You're all copycats!

lol, seriously though, thats a good buy, $400. 2nd hand I presume?

Do you know when your "other" piece is arriving?

Did you buy the HardTopGuy kit...... trust me.... its worth it...

30-07-2007, 10:17 PM
kaiske- who did you get to install ur tail lights? i remembered you posting on s2ki about shops that would do it? and how much did they charge you?

ludecrs
05-08-2007, 08:25 PM
i did this ages ago! hahah your the copy cat!

haha kidding,

How does it fit? you don't post that much on s2ki anymore?

BTW - if anyone wants sockets let me know.. i baught some and never had to use them.... -___- - pref someone from sydney.

:( hahaha.

Fitment is great on the first one I did. 2nd one required a touch up the following day. After the first day I was just over it lol.

I still post on s2ki, I'm just not welcomed in the Oz forum anymore lol.

Have you done the fronts? I'm waiting on a Texan to send me his AP2 headlight...... paid for it 4wks ago.... dumbass only sent it a week ago.....

MRK-01
06-08-2007, 10:57 PM
i thought i saw hardtopguy selling front and rear AP2 bars...basically anything to upgrade your AP1....even 2004 centre console..!!

ludecrs
07-08-2007, 06:18 AM
US 04 spec console won't fit. Handbrake is on the wrong sid.

You need an AUS AP2 spec console, like mine ;)

kaiske
07-08-2007, 07:42 AM
hahaha man imagine how much that would suck if you baught a brand new USDM centre console but it didn't fit .. hahaha

- nah i havn't done the fronts, seems like its more work + $$$ then doing the rears! let us all know how you go with the fronts.

MRSPCS
07-08-2007, 07:54 AM
i thought i saw hardtopguy selling front and rear AP2 bars...basically anything to upgrade your AP1....even 2004 centre console..!!

yeh but he doesn't ship! i emailed him asking if he would..

AusS2000
07-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Some one is selling a rear bar on S2ki at the moment.

chicken8
07-08-2007, 12:48 PM

LOL. you evil bastard aus

ludecrs
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM

Since you want to be a ****, I'll provide the link:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=514074

AusS2000
08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
I don't get it.

There is a AP2 rear bar for sale on S2ki. I mentioned it.

So far I have been called an evil bastard and a **** for doing so.

Sheesh, tough crowd.

AusS2000
08-08-2007, 08:25 AM
PS> Hey ECS, haven't seen you around S2ki recently. Where ya been? LOL

ludecrs
08-08-2007, 08:52 PM
PS> Hey ECS, haven't seen you around S2ki recently. Where ya been? LOL

Your looking in the wrong sub forums ;) I chose not to post too often in the Aus forum... :p

ROLLED
08-08-2007, 10:43 PM
US 04 spec console won't fit. Handbrake is on the wrong sid.

You need an AUS AP2 spec console, like mine ;)

man wtf!!! Where did you rip a AUS AP2 center console from!?!?!? Far out, I guess they would be the same in Japan as well, I want one but can't find them!!!!

Anyways thanks for the PLUG guys!!

P.S. Can someone tell me about the best way to send bumpers interstate??

ludecrs
08-08-2007, 10:58 PM
man wtf!!! Where did you rip a AUS AP2 center console from!?!?!? Far out, I guess they would be the same in Japan as well, I want one but can't find them!!!!

Anyways thanks for the PLUG guys!!

P.S. Can someone tell me about the best way to send bumpers interstate??

Apoliges for the shit picture, only one I got. Since then, I've also got the OEM AP2 leather centre console cover on too. So much better than the ugly carpet shit. Seriously one of the biggest S2k's interior downfalls.

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/3277725i.jpg

I got it pretty cheap too :p Was posted in the Oz for sale section back when I was first suspended, but I found a way around that, and when I logged in, it was forsale, by Kido IIRC, so I took it :D Its the same as the Jap spec ones yes.

Best way to send bumpers?
Courier? Rail? Greyhounds would be my bet - stick it on a bus, and pick it up from their depot.

Why you going back to an AP1?

ROLLED
08-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Are you serious it was in the Aus section? ah fark I can't believe I missed it!!!! Yeh that looks 10x better now! I got the leather cover ages ago! I'm not sure abt the AP2 console cover but for the AP1 console cover I had to remove the carpet underneath because the console wouldn't clip in properly when it had both layers of carpet and leather!

Hmmm gotta look into shipping methods on Friday...

I am going back to AP1 because...........................

LOL, Nah I want to get a CF rear diffuser on a AP1 rear bar happening...There's the one in the traders section but he hasn't replied my PM, otherwise I would order from O/S I suppose!

ludecrs
08-08-2007, 11:51 PM
lol, copying me with the diffuser dammit :p

I'll save you some research......

So this is the one I found in N.Z.

The shipping to Australia, Ocean is NZ$185 additional. Air Freight is NZ$385. This is because of the size of the box! I'd recommend Ocean - it should only take 14 days from here.

Which did you prefer? Spoon, J's or Mugen options?

Spoon FRP Rear Diffuser - http://fortyone.co.nz/parts/view/9058.html - NZ$1455
Spoon Carbon Rear Diffuser - http://fortyone.co.nz/parts/view/9059.html - NZ$2190

J's Racing FRP Rear Diffuser - http://fortyone.co.nz/parts/view/4656.html - $1030
J's Racing Carbon Read Diffuser - http://fortyone.co.nz/parts/view/4655.html - $1330

Problem is, the J's racing one, though looks hawt, holds water like a ****ing lake. Fail.

Top secret looks good. Can be had for $750US 2nd hand + post.
Axle looks hawt too, but for $900US + post, is it worth it....
And I hate the look of the Spoon.... just doesn't flow....

I'm in the middle of getting one custom made up, or buying something else altogether...

ludecrs
08-08-2007, 11:54 PM
I did have his PM with the price and details, but I deleted all PM's today since I've been PM'ing someone constantly 3 times a day and had no space... Sorry bud.

ROLLED
08-08-2007, 11:57 PM
It's all a tough decision, haha copying you? LOL I honestly didn't know you wanted to go that way! :)

Anyhow thanks for the heads up with that NZ site!!

The thing that annoys me the most is that only you will know if it's J's, Spoon...etc. I'd like to think that they actually help with downforce, but I think that they car is probably too high off the ground for it to be effective but then again who knows?

I was actually thinking of the J's...where did you read that it holds water???

ludecrs
09-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Diffusers look hot... but with my rear skirts, I'm unable to mount anything adequately without some form of customisation.... Some think it will be overkill on my car.... other think it'd be incredible and unique and would really set the car apart from the rest. SO who knows, its so hard to decide.

I've ruled out Spoon Axle & Mugen. Too ugly / costly.

That leaves J's which is my favourite - but J's have a quality issue with all their stuff, and the diffuser has a bow in the middle, and when it rains, all the water goes up under the diffuser, and holds the water like a lake. Read it a few times on s2ki.com. I think the thread was the J's thread, about 10+ pages long.

As for the height.... its hard to say, people seem to think, it would virtually scrap and snap on the rear of my car.... and I don't want to waste $1K on something that may snap a fin off a very rare CF diffuser!

ludecrs
09-08-2007, 11:27 PM
oh so tempting....

Talking with a member on s2ki in PM. This is his car:

http://forums.s2kca.com/photopost/data/15041/medium/CRZ_0149.jpg
http://forums.s2kca.com/photopost/data/15041/medium/CRZ_0242.jpg

And here's his PM

The only cutting that needed to be done was on the underside of the GP Sport spats. You can't see the cut. I had a body shop professionally cut it to the shape of the J's Racing diffuser with less than a 1/4 inch gap between the diffuser and the spats.

The body shop took about 15 minutes to do it carefully and quickly with the bumper cover off the car. I think I could have done it quickly at home with a dremel tool...just not as clean.

When I get a chance to take more pics, I'll take them and host them.

And here's a photoshop by my mate of it on my car. I went out and took some similiar angled pictures and he photoshopped it on...

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/3277800c.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/3277800d.jpg

So I'm even more keen on one now! Just hope the quality isn't the issue!

ROLLED
10-08-2007, 12:06 AM
fark me, that looks awesome! god damn those AP2 lights really make a huge difference when you compare them like that!

ludecrs
10-08-2007, 12:11 AM
I thought you had yours in now? Well, atleast one side? I presumed you'd done the otherside by now. haha

10-08-2007, 12:46 AM
shit. thats some mad PS skills.

get it!

ROLLED
10-08-2007, 01:05 AM
both of mine are in! :) haha im just saying they do look so much better haha

ROLLED
10-08-2007, 01:10 AM
yes and i have to say that PS chop looks so legit! haha

AdReNaLiN
10-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I did the photoshop :)

ludecrs
12-08-2007, 08:35 PM
The J's diffuser is on backorder for 3-4 months. The headers are on backorder for 2 months. The wings are just simply on hold....

J's is having massive problems at the moment with their manufacturing plants.... :(

I don't want to wait 3-4 months :thumbdwn: