PDA

View Full Version : DC5S System Install Q

suspicious1
18-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi guys, :wave:

I have a couple of questions,
Firstly I drive an Integra Type S 05 model. I am pretty happy with the sound quality of the HU (Double DIN Mp3 player) and stock splits + rear speakers.
(I'm not sure, but there might even be a small sub in the boot, can anyone with a DC5S confirm this?)

What I want to do, is to put an Amp and Sub into the car, leaving everything else stock.
I want to run the sub off the amp, and speakers off the HU, is that the most recommended way?
Amp - Schneider 2/4 Channel 800Watt RMS,
Sub - Clarion VNET 12 inch boxed 600Watt RMS

Would you also recommend sound deadening on the doors + boot?

I live in the Sydney metro area, who would you recommend that can do a great job?

Thanks in advance,
Sus
:honda:

ICACHA
18-07-2007, 12:51 PM
plenty of people, try yellow pages for someone thats close to you.

suspicious1
18-07-2007, 01:29 PM
plenty of people, try yellow pages for someone thats close to you.

Hi, yes I know there are plenty of people,

I would like OzHonda's recommendation on whom is best?

Mattski_VTIR
18-07-2007, 04:01 PM
In order to keep the factory headunit and install a separate amp/sub you will require a line converter. Unfortunately with this option your very limited to tuning the system. As for sound deadening i would recommend doing the boot, and if you upgrade the front speakers do the front doors as well. :thumbsup:

suspicious1
18-07-2007, 04:12 PM
In order to keep the factory headunit and install a separate amp/sub you will require a line converter. Unfortunately with this option your very limited to tuning the system. As for sound deadening i would recommend doing the boot, and if you upgrade the front speakers do the front doors as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

With regards to the line converter, how much would that cost?

Will I lose sound quality or any performance doing it this way? Is it a common thing, or is it hard / not recommended?

Mattski_VTIR
18-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

With regards to the line converter, how much would that cost?

Will I lose sound quality or any performance doing it this way? Is it a common thing, or is it hard / not recommended?

Line Level Converters are relatively cheap (around $30 at Autobahn etc) last time i checked. They are a simple system to install and can be done by anyone who can fit a head-unit. As for quality, it wont degrade the sound of your current standard system, but it wont be giving the best signal to your amp.

To give your sub a better signal, you will require a new after-market head-unit.
Not only would this give you more control over your sub, it would also improve the sound from your standard speakers (with good tuning of corse)
Hope this helps

suspicious1
18-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Line Level Converters are relatively cheap (around $30 at Autobahn etc) last time i checked. They are a simple system to install and can be done by anyone who can fit a head-unit. As for quality, it wont degrade the sound of your current standard system, but it wont be giving the best signal to your amp.

Thanks again,

So something like this ?
Peripheral Super VEN 4

I will speak to an installer and see how much they charge for install + deadening of the boot.

Cheers,

Mattski_VTIR
18-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Thats the one :thumbsup: good luck.
By the way (just re-read your first post) the Type S didn't come with a sub.
Although the RSX-S (American version) came with a bose sound system that did include a small sub that fits inside the spare wheel.
Hope that helps

suspicious1
18-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Thats strange, because it feels like a sub is in the car, I might have to take a look.

Even my friends say, "hey do you have a small sub in the boot or something?" hehe.

I found a couple installers I could ring up whom were recommended. Doubt you would know them as you are in BRS :)

Fhrx Studios
Doran Pro Audio

Mattski_VTIR
18-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Have heard only good things about Fhrx Studios :thumbsup:

ICACHA
18-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi, yes I know there are plenty of people,

I would like OzHonda's recommendation on whom is best?

well ozhonda can't tell you that as ozhonda isn't a person. but if you ain't got the funds for the best you ain't going to get the best :)

funkdr
18-07-2007, 09:04 PM
i would deaden the front doors my mates corolla's front doors were done he is still runnign stock fronts and the mid bass improved

It was done by FHRX and all my stereo work is done by FHRX

bmybny
18-07-2007, 09:21 PM
hey i dont exactly that. installed 2 12 inch subs and amp to my standard HU.
it sounded pretty good, however like mattski said you u want more control over you sub and better sound upgrade your HU.

By putting subs in your car is affects to air vents in the boot. cause mine are now loose. when you hit bumps or on are rough road you can hear them rattle

seventwozero
18-07-2007, 10:20 PM
lol there is no small sub in the stock dc5s lol!

i have put in a dual 12" jbl sub and my boot is still rattle free.

i recommend getting a double din def. perhaps clarion or kenwood.

kraiye
25-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Pioneer AVH-P6850DVD
Double DIN 6 stack DVD with 7" touchscreen :thumbsup:
Will be putting one in my g/f's car next week, should be sweet :D

suspicious1
26-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Looks very nice, but sorry mate just about $1K out of my price range :)

Anyways I touched base with Marty from FHRX Studios, he explained to me what they can do, and provided me with a quote.
I shall visit him, when funds become available

DSNTGR8
31-07-2007, 10:46 AM
mine!!!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/DSNTGR8/IMG_2202.jpg

kraiye
02-08-2007, 10:47 PM
dam thats sexy! w/d

m0nk3y
04-08-2007, 01:04 AM
i think in order to get the best sounding system, you should upgrade both the speakers and the HU, no matter how much you like them.

THe first thing you should do is the headunit, get something with 3 pre-outs, and run the stock speakers from it. If you enjoy the sound then, leave it as is.

If sound quality is what you want, the next step would be a decent ste of component speakers for the front. Run these off the HU first, and if you can afford it after, an amp - a 2 chn will be fine for splits.

A monoblock is what you want for decent subs. Run a monoblock with a 12" sub and it'll pump, esp in the DC5 where the car's interior will assist in the sound waves and vibrations.

Sound deadening your doors with Dynamat or similar will do wonders for sound quality as well.

So the best system would be:

aftermarket headunit, running ONLY the rear speakers off it. you can keep rear speakers stock, you sit in the FRONT of the car, not the REAR so its not as important (unless u want your rear passengers to have decent sound too)

2 amps (1 x 2chn for the splits, and 1 x monoblock for the sub)

itll cost you $$, but you get what you pay for. I ran that setup in my subaru, and a lot of mates thought it was a pumping system.

suspicious1
06-08-2007, 01:17 PM
So the best system would be:

aftermarket headunit, running ONLY the rear speakers off it. you can keep rear speakers stock, you sit in the FRONT of the car, not the REAR so its not as important (unless u want your rear passengers to have decent sound too)

2 amps (1 x 2chn for the splits, and 1 x monoblock for the sub)

itll cost you $$, but you get what you pay for. I ran that setup in my subaru, and a lot of mates thought it was a pumping system.

Hey,

Thanks for the advice mate :thumbsup:

It is something I want to do in the future, I just don't have the extra $$$ to spend on new gear.

So for the short-term I will sound deaden the car, keep original deck + speakers, and throw in my Amp + 12inch sub, and I believe the improvements will satisfy me (for time being) :cool:

m0nk3y
07-08-2007, 11:52 PM
just remember you will need a line convertor if you want to run an amp off the stock HU.

suspicious1
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
just remember you will need a line convertor if you want to run an amp off the stock HU.

Yep I know all about that, thanks

:honda: