PDA

View Full Version : new CIVIC which colour ROCKS?

amuson
18-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone,not sure if this has been done b4....

jst wanted to know what pll thought about the colours of the new civic and if you had to rate them from coolest to crapiest then how would you rate them?

the present colours are white, silver, black, ruby red, misty violet, bluish silver and sparkle gray.

which one tops the lot?

thanks guys;)

Encor3
18-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone,not sure if this has been done b4....

jst wanted to know what pll thought about the colours of the new civic and if you had to rate them from coolest to crapiest then how would you rate them?

the present colours are white, silver, black, ruby red, misty violet, bluish silver and sparkle gray.

which one tops the lot?

thanks guys;)

wow.. you must be really bored.. i dont really think this should be in the civic forum but rather the lounge.

xqwzit
18-07-2007, 01:26 PM
black > white > violet > silver > gray > bluish silver > ruby red

denot
18-07-2007, 03:01 PM
bluish silver > white > black > gray > silver > violet > ruby red

ELBastardo
18-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Bluish Silver > All.

Don't mind it in silver and surprisingly red.

DropBear
18-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Well, mine's in Bluish Silver - only because the VTi-L's weren't available in Misty Violet last year when I bought it.

Ruby Red: Looks good, but to me it makes the Civic look like an old grampa's car. No idea why I think that, I just do.

Silver: Nice colour, but I'm seriously over pure silver cars by now...

Nighthawk Black: Not only does it have a cool name, it looks really good, sleek and gives the car a more prestigious appearance.... at a loss of some of the detail, especially on the front end, you can't see the curves easily and it "hides" the true shape of the Civic.

Sparkle Grey: Haven't seen one in the colour yet, which probably explains why the first iteration (Silver Moss) was canned last year - not very inspirational.

Alabaster White: Didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. Only works on the VTi-L and the Sport (ie alloys, not hubcaps). Would work better if the grill wasn't silver, if I'd bought a White Civic I'd have the grill changed over to a black Mugen grill.

Misty Violet: Orginally wanted my VTi-L in this colour, but wasn't available at the time. I like it because it's different, unique. Not Grape Purple of the Falcon, this is dark and can almost pass as black. Very stylish.

Bluish Silver: Does anyone own an '06 Sport in Bluish Silver - aka, does the blue/white split interior look as cool as it does in the brouchure? I love this colour, it looks very slick at night under the glow of street lights, or just at dusk, the metallic sheen really takes the car to a whole new level of refinement and class.

My two cents.

Shimian
18-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Silver Moss = FTW

IAMVTEC
18-07-2007, 06:11 PM
haha you guys do know bluish silver is a girls colour, right?

If youre going to buy one, buy it in black or white or dont buy it at all.

I usually would include silver as well, but this silver is not a good looking silver.

OK, grey is OK as well.

Bob san
18-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Night hawk black. but if i had the choice again i might go white.

Shimian
18-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Ruby Red: Looks good, but to me it makes the Civic look like an old grampa's car. No idea why I think that, I just do.

Agree

Silver: Nice colour, but I'm seriously over pure silver cars by now...

Agree

Nighthawk Black: Not only does it have a cool name, it looks really good, sleek and gives the car a more prestigious appearance.... at a loss of some of the detail, especially on the front end, you can't see the curves easily and it "hides" the true shape of the Civic.

Only nice if you buff it every day.

Sparkle Grey: Haven't seen one in the colour yet, which probably explains why the first iteration (Silver Moss) was canned last year - not very inspirational.

Sparkle Grey is a vomit color. It looks more of a blue than a grey to me. Well in my eyes anyways. Silver Moss = FTW. Its good that it got canned, then it makes the colour more rare on the road.

Alabaster White: Didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. Only works on the VTi-L and the Sport (ie alloys, not hubcaps). Would work better if the grill wasn't silver, if I'd bought a White Civic I'd have the grill changed over to a black Mugen grill.

My 2nd choice. But would still paint my grille to white

Misty Violet: Orginally wanted my VTi-L in this colour, but wasn't available at the time. I like it because it's different, unique. Not Grape Purple of the Falcon, this is dark and can almost pass as black. Very stylish.

Havent seen one with a full body kit yet. Ok color thou

Bluish Silver: Does anyone own an '06 Sport in Bluish Silver - aka, does the blue/white split interior look as cool as it does in the brouchure? I love this colour, it looks very slick at night under the glow of street lights, or just at dusk, the metallic sheen really takes the car to a whole new level of refinement and class.

I have a Silver Moss which has the same interior as the Bluish Silver. The blue leather is the best. And with the cream interior, it matches very well. I sat in a Grey leather/grey interior and seriously, its like sitting in a car full of dust.

Borg
18-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I have seen the Civic in all 8 colours now. Some of the colours look a lot better in the showroom than outside once they get a bit dirty etc.

The colours that take a serious downturn in looks once they leave the showroom (unless they are continuously cleaned) are black, sparkle grey, white and bluish silver.

The alabaster silver is too light for my liking, while the silver moss is just right but no longer available.

The ruby red looks quite classy, but seems to appeal to more mature drivers.
Younger drivers should stick to the black, or better yet, the CTR!!!!

The less said about the misty violet the better.

ido09s
18-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Nighthawk black is my favourite ;) and its not that hard to look after either, you just need to buy some quality products to keep it looking its best

gumbel
19-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Is the white = Championship White? if it is then CW is FTW, can put black bonnet or CF bonnet for future mod :) awesum

ELBastardo
19-07-2007, 08:25 AM

If youre going to buy one, buy it in black or white or dont buy it at all.

I usually would include silver as well, but this silver is not a good looking silver.

OK, grey is OK as well.

I let my GF pick the colour ;)

Honestly, it does look awesome.

Black is too hard to maintain, and white looks like arse.

DropBear
19-07-2007, 08:38 AM

Ahh, that would probably explain why all the girls love my car, inside and out ;)

DropBear 1 : IAMVTEC 0 :p

Oh and gumbel, unfortunately no the white isn't Championship White - it's Taffeta White (CW is a warm white in comparison, TW is more a glossy colder white).

denot
19-07-2007, 10:22 AM

No i dont, and no its not...

oh and the score is IAMVTEC 1 BluishSilver 3