PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Honda Civic question

michaelau
18-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm going to be ordering a new Honda Civic VTI-L soon, and I heard a couple of weeks ago there is a 3 month wait until delivery of the car. Is this still the case?

Thanks.

buddah51au
18-07-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm going to be ordering a new Honda Civic VTI-L soon, and I heard a couple of weeks ago there is a 3 month wait until delivery of the car. Is this still the case?

Thanks.

It probably varies from dealer to dealer, state to state. Just be patient & you will have a great car

ELBastardo
19-07-2007, 08:21 AM
I got mine in two weeks - the long wait is mostly for autos according to my dealer - they don't get ordered as much in manuals.

I also got blueish silver, and there doesn't seem as many of them around.

But yes, initially they said 2-3 months was the average wait.

oniononline
19-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah, same here, got mine less than 2 weeks. Before I signed the contract, I asked the dealer about delivery date and told him to write it down onto the contract, so they could not play games with you :) if the delivery takes longer than that, they have to lend me a free loan car hehe. So make sure you get that into the deal too.

buddah51au
19-07-2007, 09:10 AM
The auto seems to be the popular choice, still very economical in the right conditions & has taller gearing for open road driving.....eg 2000RPM @ 100kph compared to i think about 2700rpm in the manual. Also if you read various articles on the R18 A engine it seems it has been designed more for the Auto trans or vice vesa I have never really been in favour of an auto in a small 4 cyl car, but this 1 has certainly changed my view.

ELBastardo
19-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I prefer manuals myself - in any car :) The manual shift in the civic is also pretty sweet so it's all good.

But I can definitely understand why the auto is so popular, it gets awesome reviews.

gerard
19-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I happened to walk into my local dealer in january and he happened to have a sport auto available for imm delivery. so its mine. :-)

ryanc
19-07-2007, 03:59 PM
i waited 1.5 months

Borg
19-07-2007, 05:19 PM
If you get lucky or are not too fussed about the colour and trim, you can get an auto within 2 weeks from some dealers. However, if you prefer a colour and/or trim that is not in stock the wait can be up to 3 months.

I went to 4 different dealers before buying one....all of them had a few manuals in the 3 different trims in most of the colours, but only 1 dealer had autos in stock, and they only had 1 purple VTi and 1 grey sport. They all had demo autos, but these weren't for sale.

michaelau
20-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the help. If I order it and it is delivered before I am ready for delivery of the vehicle, can I get them to hold it at the dealership for a few weeks?

buddah51au
20-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the help. If I order it and it is delivered before I am ready for delivery of the vehicle, can I get them to hold it at the dealership for a few weeks?

That would depend on the dealer & how long you want them to hold it. Most dealerships work in conjunction with a finance company & the stock they carry are in some cases incureing interest, which is why they need to turn over cars. Therefore it could cost them money to hold your car.

kobyyu
20-07-2007, 05:07 PM

please tell how much you get it for!

dna4
20-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I waited for 6weeks but worth of waiting car.Drive it for the past week.Love it!:)

michaelau
22-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm likely going to be placing an order in a couple of weeks. Should I try to haggle the price down for an Auto Civic VTI-L, or get them to chuck in a few extras? I'm wanting to add both a spoiler and rear parking sensors as accessories.

wilzee
23-07-2007, 11:52 AM
I waited 8 weeks for mine. It was way worth it. I love my car!