PDA

View Full Version : Bus Freight?

Petronas
18-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Well I'm going to receive something via "bus freight" in the next couple of days. What I want to know is how this "bus freight" thing works?

It's coming from QLD - Does the bus freight company send me a notification of pickup in the mail or something like that?

D4rk4n63l
19-07-2007, 08:26 AM
depend on the sender really.. I've used busfreight before and they give you an option of full courier service where they pick up the item from you and deliver it to the person in hand, also there's this 'depot to depot' service where you take the item to the nearest depot and to be sent to the recipient's nearest depot

Joeyboy
19-07-2007, 09:26 AM
do u know which freight company it is? Below is a link to Greyhound, they're d most popular bus freighting company and the link leads to their FAQs section:

http://www.greyhoundfreight.com.au/FAQ.asp

Hope that helps :)

Petronas
19-07-2007, 01:25 PM
depend on the sender really.. I've used busfreight before and they give you an option of full courier service where they pick up the item from you and deliver it to the person in hand, also there's this 'depot to depot' service where you take the item to the nearest depot and to be sent to the recipient's nearest depot

So if it was depot to depot how would I know where to pick it up?

Joeyboy
19-07-2007, 01:29 PM
So if it was depot to depot how would I know where to pick it up?

i'm guessing (unless they send u notification) that if you know d name of d freight company, to give them a call to ask where their depot is.

Petronas
19-07-2007, 03:05 PM
He says

"Hi, Just wanted to let you know the parts have been sent. They will be in Sydney at the bus Depot 490 Pitt Street about 6.30am tomorrow, Friday 20th."

He also gave me a reference number of some sort a "Cons Note Number"

m3ntAL_l2
19-07-2007, 03:09 PM
is busfreight cheaper than the normal couriers

Petronas
19-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Bhaa he gave me a company name - "Premier Motor Service" So I'm all set y0!~

Thanx for the help guys

is busfreight cheaper than the normal couriers

No Idea but this is what he said.
"Bus Frieght, is simply, frieght sent by Bus instead of on a truck.. It is a lot cheaper and goes overnight from brisbae/Gold Coast to Sydney and if necessary onto Melbourne."

Joeyboy
19-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Bhaa he gave me a company name - "Premier Motor Service" So I'm all set y0!~

Thanx for the help guys

No Idea but this is what he said.
"Bus Frieght, is simply, frieght sent by Bus instead of on a truck.. It is a lot cheaper and goes overnight from brisbae/Gold Coast to Sydney and if necessary onto Melbourne."

GOOD LUCK! :D