PDA

View Full Version : DC2R lsd need rebuild ?

DC2108
19-07-2007, 06:45 PM
hi i was wondering of the stock DC2R lsd need to be serviced be coz im gonna plaining to open the box so just wondering if it need to be serviced to work 100% again

btw any good gearbox shop in syd ? pplz ?

Sp00ny
19-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey,

Doesn't give us any information to why you would want to rebuild it?

- Are you having problems with acceleration / driveability of your car?
- How many km's has it done?
- Was the motor serviced regular, and by who?
- How much money did you want to spend?

Honda Transmissions / Engines have been described to me as Bulletproof by a friend that owns Central BMW. Coming from someone who services the best of the best. I think that says enough, heh? xD

So unless you are having problems and have narrowed it down to the LSD or your car has done 300,000kms+...or has been treated poorly. I wouldn't even consider it.

Edit: Reading over this just made me realise it sounds like im angry....lol xD...(i'm not)

Regards,
Sp00ny [SPN-DC2]

SHIFTY
19-07-2007, 08:12 PM
SPOON LSD AND BOX!! sell ur old stocko stuff!!!

thats what im gona do when/if my box goes!

Slaz
20-07-2007, 09:28 AM
The LSD's dont fail often but then again the honda lsd's arnt the best either performance wise, Quaife to me are the way to go and if you can afford it replace your diff while the box is apart along with syncro's/bearings/final drive or whatever your pulling the box down for.

Ive used Gearbox Express and Adrian @ Toda Racing in Sydney and would vouch for both.

Hope this helps.

aaronng
20-07-2007, 06:47 PM
The stock LSD is a torsen-type, so they don't really need maintenance as long as you have been regularly changing your gearbox fluid and didn't do anything silling like full RPM clutch dumps. :)

DC2108
20-07-2007, 08:41 PM
thanx for the help guys
spoony do i realy need to tell ya thos things ?

lolz but thanx guys

ricki_kalsi
23-07-2007, 02:10 PM
You don't really need to rebuild Torsion Dif's. But Clutch type Dif's you need to, as the clutch will wear, and start to slip as you apply power.
I would recommend a Cusco 1.5way dif if you were to upgrade. Or a Quaffe dif, which is reliable, and apparently does not need rebuilding.

Spoon LSD's aren't the best. Not sure about Spoon gearboxes, but considering Spoon is based of OEM parts, I asume it wouldn't be worth replaceing stuff with Spoon parts.

aaronng
23-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Quaife is a torsen.

Drew
23-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Honda Transmissions / Engines have been described to me as Bulletproof by a friend that owns Central BMW. Coming from someone who services the best of the best. I think that says enough, heh? xD

I think your mate should stick to BMW's

Sp00ny
26-07-2007, 08:22 PM
thanx for the help guys
spoony do i realy need to tell ya thos things ?

lolz but thanx guys

Lol, no but information like that helps us. All you asked is should you. I mean you could have bought a Type R with 15,000ks on it that belonged to a grandpa....compared to buying one with 250,000kms from a h00n. Our opinions and suggestions would vary alot. XD

I think your mate should stick to BMW's
Why do you say that? I think BMW's are overpriced and overrated. Excluding the any of the M/5/7 series. xD

Benson
26-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I got a local guy to do all my gearbox's. Top guy and good prices