PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R - EP3

Nepolian
19-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone else have one yet or are you still waiting for it?
Heres mine, just waiting for it to get complied....Cant wait!!
There should be some on the road by now....Post yours here!!
Cheers

TheSaint
19-07-2007, 09:56 PM
what motors do they run?

how much do they cost to import?

Nepolian
19-07-2007, 10:41 PM
K20A, similar to the DC5 ITR, I think. Should cost me low 30's on the road.

m0nty ITR
19-07-2007, 10:44 PM
What's the point if the DC5R is actually cheaper to buy locally?

Sorry if I seem rude, but it's just an observation. In my experience, green plated cars are more trouble than they're worth come resale time. I love the EP3 CTR but for me it wouldn't make sense to choose it over a DC5. I'd prefer to import a JDM DC5R and get all the goodies we missed out on here. Did the Ep3 CTR get the JDM spec DC5R motor? I know it weighs more and doesn't get the Brembos but apart from that I don't know much about it.

TheSaint
19-07-2007, 10:45 PM
aus dc5 suck compared to jap stuff

this thing would own, look how light it would be =) best sleeper eva

and being a genuine type-r of any kind its going to end up a collectable one day - especially with the forecasted production line ups

m0nty ITR
19-07-2007, 10:49 PM
It's actually heavier than the DC5. Only 10kgs mind you.

I don't mean to be a hater, but it seems awfully expensive for a grey import car.

Nepolian
19-07-2007, 10:58 PM
What's the point if the DC5R is actually cheaper to buy locally?

For starters a DC5R isnt a CTR.

Encor3
19-07-2007, 11:00 PM
its the exclusiveness that comes with it. its like why import\buy a ek9 when you can get the dc2r here for about the same price.

I think its just in a different class to the dc5r and if i remember correctly (correct me if im wrong) ep3 is a bit faster round a track then the audm dc5r

m0nty ITR
19-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I think its just in a different class to the dc5r and if i remember correctly (correct me if im wrong) ep3 is a bit faster round a track then the audm dc5r

More than likely, but to import something when you can just tune a locally sourced one with ADR compliance seems a bit excessive. I might be jaded through bad import experiences in the past.

Encor3
19-07-2007, 11:36 PM
More than likely, but to import something when you can just tune a locally sourced one with ADR compliance seems a bit excessive. I might be jaded through bad import experiences in the past.

you just hope that you have someone good on the other end sending you the car ;).

But thats the thing with the ep3. there was no version like it here.
EK's had the EK4 which is and i'll say this loosely "close" to the ek9 in the sense that its a hot hatch
where as the EP3 has the civic vi hatchback, which is NOTHING like the ep3 at all.

EDIT: point being , nothign really to tune?.. civic vi.. tune to be a rice box but it had a 1.7L where as ep3 had the k20 jap spec

m0nty ITR
19-07-2007, 11:40 PM
you just hope that you have someone good on the other end sending you the car ;).

But thats the thing with the ep3. there was no version like it here.
EK's had the EK4 which is and i'll say this loosely "close" to the ek9 in the sense that its a hot hatch
where as the EP3 has the civic vi hatchback, which is NOTHING like the ep3 at all.

EDIT: point being , nothign really to tune?.. civic vi.. tune to be a rice box but it had a 1.7L where as ep3 had the k20 jap spec

I just re-read my post. I was suggesting maybe a DC2R or DC5R. I agree, if you want a tuned EP Civic there's no other option.

Encor3
19-07-2007, 11:43 PM
I just re-read my post. I was suggesting maybe a DC2R or DC5R. I agree, if you want a tuned EP Civic there's no other option.

yea importing a dc5r is kinda stupid lol... you have one here why do you want things which you can just add on here..oh well each to there own.

wish i had the money for an ep3.. its such a nice car... just find it funny the gear stick position though.

m0nty ITR
19-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Wow! Now we're really getting mixed up. I'll try and clear things up.

I meant tuning a locally sourced DC2 or DC5, not importing an EP3 and getting the same results, if not better. While we don't get the JDM ITR, it's not hard to improve upon it with a few smart mods. I never understood the hatred for the AU ITR.

Encor3
19-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Wow! Now we're really getting mixed up. I'll try and clear things up.

I meant tuning a locally sourced DC2 or DC5, not importing an EP3 and getting the same results, if not better. While we don't get the JDM ITR, it's not hard to improve upon it with a few smart mods. I never understood the hatred for the AU ITR.

ohh right gotcha ;) i get it

but still ep3 is totally different class (hot hatch) and a different car that in aus we dont get at all in any way shape or form.

Its sorta comparing apples and oranges, people jus like to choose there own. but the is there really that much hate for AU ITR? im a civic vti-r owner so yea.. *shrugs*

Nepolian
19-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Gear position is really weird!! When you drive it, it isnt as bad as it looks tho.

No offence to the teg owners, I just like the look of them. I have always liked the civics and accords. Trust me, in the last 4 months I have looked at that many cars. I test drove the, XR5, MPS 3, Golf GTI, EVO7-8 and i just wasnt really happy with them. Just to add....fark the MPS changes lanes if you dont hold on to the wheel.

Anyway, I drove the EP3 and it was alot better than I expected and the look of it grew on me, the rest is now history.

misteR_bilzz
20-07-2007, 12:08 AM
saw this on ebay... i thaught it finished at AU $26,600.00 reserve not met?
how much did u end up buying it for if u dont mind me asking....
also noticed theres no gear knob either when he had listed it id be checking for that when u get it back =)

anyways congratz and welcome!

blk_shadow
20-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Audm DC5R are not as powerful as the jap spec one, the EP3 is definitely faster than the jap spec DC5R around the track, as it is lighter. (tested on BMI)

furthermore, EP3 is rare in Aust, therefore expect to pay more than DC5R,

hence, last time I was about to buy the DC5 R AUDM spec, and its 49K driveaway. not really cheaper that way.

Nepolian
20-07-2007, 12:20 AM
saw this on ebay... i thaught it finished at AU $26,600.00 reserve not met?
how much did u end up buying it for if u dont mind me asking....
also noticed theres no gear knob either when he had listed it id be checking for that when u get it back =)

anyways congratz and welcome!

Thanks,

I have the gear knob on a pedalstall at home waiting for the car to come home??

The reserve wasnt met coz I paid more for it.:D

denot
20-07-2007, 12:13 PM
cool Civics dude!! I saw some of them @ Ikebukuro last time I went there...

I think I got the answer why you prefer to import this one compare to buy an AUDM ITR... ITS A HATCHBACK FTW!!!! :p

Nepolian
20-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Heres a couple more which was at the compliance shop. The white one has different head and tail lights, and also had different recaros. Must be an updated or later model.

m0nty ITR
20-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Audm DC5R are not as powerful as the jap spec one, the EP3 is definitely faster than the jap spec DC5R around the track, as it is lighter. (tested on BMI)

furthermore, EP3 is rare in Aust, therefore expect to pay more than DC5R,

hence, last time I was about to buy the DC5 R AUDM spec, and its 49K driveaway. not really cheaper that way.

Not according to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00UjCbxodno

But then the new JDM CTR owns it here. Even held up the NSX-S for 3 laps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXwapwrHgIU

NightRyder
20-07-2007, 07:21 PM
yeah, the white one with those different headlights is the newer model EP3-102 type. And also the blac and red recaro's comes with this model.

Heres a couple more which was at the compliance shop. The white one has different head and tail lights, and also had different recaros. Must be an updated or later model.

shinji112
20-07-2007, 11:02 PM
omfg love them in CW.. cant wait to see them around town

m0nty ITR
20-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Not according to this.

But then the new JDM CTR owns it here. Even held up the NSX-S for 3 laps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXwapwrHgIU

Hmmm, after watching the second video again I'm not convinced about this video with the FD2. Are they saying it's quicker than an M3? The Z lapped the Top Gear track in the same time as the RX8 and M3. Something's not right here. It looks like a Honda promo video for the FD2 CTR.

ennavoli
21-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Hmmm, after watching the second video again I'm not convinced about this video with the FD2. Are they saying it's quicker than an M3? The Z lapped the Top Gear track in the same time as the RX8 and M3. Something's not right here. It looks like a Honda promo video for the FD2 CTR.

It's all very subjective, personally, I agree & also think its a promo video for the FD2. Same as the first video you listed, it's a promo video for the 2005 DC5R and they put an average professional driver in the EP3R, if Nakaya or Tsuchiiya has driven the EP3R, the results might have been different. I have been following BMI and for debut cars, they tend to put a good driver in it most of the time.

When the EP3R had its debut, it went up against the EK9, DC2R and ITR and beat all of them cause Nakaya was driving it and also due to the short and narrow track.

Personally, its not how fast the cars should be, it's how fun the car should be, so we should never take these videos 100% for a brench mark.

EP3EVA
08-05-2009, 09:25 PM
It's all very subjective, personally, I agree & also think its a promo video for the FD2. Same as the first video you listed, it's a promo video for the 2005 DC5R and they put an average professional driver in the EP3R, if Nakaya or Tsuchiiya has driven the EP3R, the results might have been different. I have been following BMI and for debut cars, they tend to put a good driver in it most of the time.

When the EP3R had its debut, it went up against the EK9, DC2R and ITR and beat all of them cause Nakaya was driving it and also due to the short and narrow track.

Personally, its not how fast the cars should be, it's how fun the car should be, so we should never take these videos 100% for a brench mark.

what he said!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

chauster
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Way to ressurect....

On topic. the EP3r is awesome =]

M@lew
08-05-2009, 11:42 PM
lol holy bump Batman...and Tuxedo mask Chau. :D

blk_shadow
09-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Not according to this.

thats the facelift DC5R and EP3R, not on the prefacelift DC5R and EP3R tho. its from the VTEC club BMI

rpm boy
11-05-2009, 05:51 PM
the driver of the EP3 was sh!t, which is why it wasnt infront, and as for the extra 10kg, take the spare tyre out.
have driven both cars and bought the EP3, much nicer car to drive and look at
sorry to dissapoint the teg boys but they didnt quite hit the spot with it

V73C
11-05-2009, 08:10 PM

i reckon they're a bit bias. i mean the FD2R is an awesome car, but something like the M3, Z and RX8's are good cars.

but then again its "VTEC YOOO!!!"

blk_shadow
12-05-2009, 10:11 PM
the driver of the EP3 was sh!t, which is why it wasnt infront, and as for the extra 10kg, take the spare tyre out.
have driven both cars and bought the EP3, much nicer car to drive and look at
sorry to dissapoint the teg boys but they didnt quite hit the spot with it

hahaha..yeah, especially when Gan-san drives the car. he even cornered Tsuchiya pretty often too.

wonder if Gan-san actually drove the EP3.

rpm boy
13-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Black shadow, was looking at the strut bar u have for sale and was thinking to myself, how much could it possible do with the tower pieces that bent and far away from the tower, did u notice much more responsive steering with it?
not meaning to bag it but just curious lol

blk_shadow
13-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Black shadow, was looking at the strut bar u have for sale and was thinking to myself, how much could it possible do with the tower pieces that bent and far away from the tower, did u notice much more responsive steering with it?
not meaning to bag it but just curious lol

yeah, J's racing's is like that. But, I reckon its the same.

normal strut bar is actually lifted up from the strut tower, whereas this one is not lifted but slided forward. they did that too for the FD2R.

I haven't actually did cornering hard enough to really feel the advantage of it. but obviously made the chassis firmer on the angled climb (less flex)