PDA

View Full Version : dc5r engine oil

layzie
19-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi guys,
I can't seem to find any info
but I was just wondering whats the average kms would the engine oil for a dc5r be nearly finished.

I just had a look at my car and there was nearly non left (lucky the engine didn't blow up or nefing) cos yesterday i was vtecing like a mad man..aHahaha
from when i bought it its been around 6months
and i've onnly clocked up around 4,100 kms?

since when I bought it I changed the oil - oil filter etc..
and now theres rarely ne left from only 4,100 kms?
somfing doesn't seem right

btw I use the original honda engine oil

Thanks

yfin
19-07-2007, 09:13 PM
your car shouldn't be consuming so much oil. A small amount is acceptable - but not the figures you are talking about.

how are you checking the oil- after driving it or after the car has sat for a while? Check it on flat ground after the car has sat overnight and see what it registers.

It could be that or something else. Sorry to say you might just be about to find out why the car was sold by the previous owner.

kookie
20-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Better check your engine as the log books say every 10,000k but from most people i know they change it at 5,000k or 3 months (which ever comes first).

People go tracking and don't see that much oil loss.

Better get this checked out as you may have a leak somewhere or your burning too much oil. Maybe engine issues?

layzie
22-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I checked it after i stayed for a while
even overnight the next morning its still the same.
im not sure but i'll check again tomorrow morning
there is no leak

or could it be to much vtec?
thanks guys

aaronng
22-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Checking overnight won't do much. Wait a week after topping up to Max.

layzie
12-08-2007, 07:11 PM
its been around 3 and a half weeks now since I topped it up. I can see the oil level dropping I think 1/4 quarter now....seems pretty fast IMO