PDA

View Full Version : Fuji RM01A Vs Toda Hi Power Exhaust

Type_Shane
20-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey Guyz,

I am planning to get/order either the Fuji RM01A or the Toda exhaust this weekend for my DC5R and I was looking at getting your opinion as to which one is better. I have found alot of stuff on ozhonda about the RM01A so I know its a really good exhaust but how does it compare to the Toda Exhaust (I couldnt mind that much info on the Toda exhaust), in terms of the DC5R?

Price isn't much of an issue

Thanx!

[RSX 03]
20-07-2007, 09:07 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537 :D

Type_Shane
20-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Is Toda better then the RM01A? Someone!?!?

mugsee
20-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I think they both use the same kind of inner diameter piping (typical JDM) and both are of high quality make. I think it comes down to your personal preference as I don't think theres any huge performance difference between the two.

As far as I can tell, both are 'quietish' exhausts that open up when on high cam. I've heard an RM01A and think it sounds great. *looks at TeMp*

Do you like the Toda limp dick look? I personally am not fond of it so my preference would go towards the RM01A. If you don't like the limp dick look, take a look at [RSX 03]'s RM01A.

Type_Shane
20-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, in terms of looks I would prefer the RM01A however if the Toda is a better exhaust then looks don't matter for me. I just want an exhaust that will give me the best results.

If only Toda didnt have the limp d!ck tip.......

XP02ED
20-07-2007, 05:56 PM
rm01a :D

i just got a rm01a 2 weeks ago! 10/10 :D good for daily driving. excellent with the gruppm intake :D

Type_Shane
20-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Kool, I always knew the RM01A was a great exhaust but I just wanted to get some opinions for the Toda exhaust....neone out there who has one or could advise me on how good they are??

Please!

maracer
20-07-2007, 08:37 PM
TODA all the way:thumbsup:
WTF limp dick look?
Check this link out it's of when i installed my Toda cat back system.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57449

There's also a Dyno run some where in that thread.

TeMp
20-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I think they both use the same kind of inner diameter piping (typical JDM) and both are of high quality make. I think it comes down to your personal preference as I don't think theres any huge performance difference between the two.

As far as I can tell, both are 'quietish' exhausts that open up when on high cam. I've heard an RM01A and think it sounds great. *looks at TeMp*

Do you like the Toda limp dick look? I personally am not fond of it so my preference would go towards the RM01A. If you don't like the limp dick look, take a look at [RSX 03]'s RM01A.

:wave:

I do agree with Mugsee that the Toda has a limp dick look but it does have the bling Ti finish look. Looks is all about personal preference and there is no right or wrong to that.

Performance wise I remember there is a dyno sheet floating around showing that with toda headers and catback, you will get more gains then having a Mugen or BC3 catback on instead. Of coarse this was dyno'ed by Toda. ;)

Honestly its an N/A 2L, where a cat back will give you minimal gains (between of the well known brands that is). The biggest difference will be there the look and sound.

SXWC
21-07-2007, 10:18 AM
none of them will give you maximum power, better to get a custom made 70mm straight thru exahust, but of cos if you like jdm stuff then it's a different story...

XP02ED
21-07-2007, 10:26 AM
toda is good, but it looks ugly :D if your car is going to be a daily driver and dont want loud sound go with the rm01a..

mikul_ha
22-07-2007, 01:00 AM
saw a blue dc5s dc52nv or something at the ozhonda premeet at orange grove today. it had a toda exhaust doesnt look too bad, i actually like it.

my vote for toda over rm01a.

btw nice car dude... forgot your name lol

matt
22-07-2007, 01:26 AM
ive had the Toda and a Fujitsubo Powergetter so a pretty close comparison.

overall sound and performance of both are very very similar, both are pretty quiet and very suitable for a daily driven car.

the blue tip looked pretty cool on my blue dc5r but i think i prefer the look of the PG.

so my vote is for the Fujitsubo

[RSX 03]
22-07-2007, 09:23 AM
saw a blue dc5s dc52nv or something at the ozhonda premeet at orange grove today. it had a toda exhaust doesnt look too bad, i actually like it.

my vote for toda over rm01a.

btw nice car dude... forgot your name lol

his name is Gay Baz :)

dyljoy
22-07-2007, 03:24 PM
go for RM01A,looking good, and quiet also performance is not much difference compare to Toda one~

Nepolian
22-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi guys, dont want to steal this post, but I am also looking to get an exhaust. Either a Fujutsubo Legalis R or the RM01. Has anyone got either? and how do they sound and look like. Please post pics if you can.

Thanks.

dyljoy
22-07-2007, 04:01 PM
what kind of car u have? Accord as u state in ur info?

mikul_ha
22-07-2007, 04:21 PM
pg > toda > rm01a

Ericx
22-07-2007, 07:29 PM
http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/video_catalog.php try that site, although it may not have your specific car, but it gives you an overall idea of how the exhaust turns out. Great reference.