PDA

View Full Version : Email notifications

Bludger
21-07-2007, 02:37 AM
My problem is that I'm receiving 10 emails or more a day from thread subscriptions. this has been going on for about 6 months, its just starting to get to me right about now because I'm a very tolerable person.....

I've already selected 'no emails from admins' (why would i want an admin to email me???)

I also have 'default thread subscription mode' set to 'no email notification'

OzHonda is starting to get pretty gay......

can the right people rectify this problem

thank you
Bludger aka BTB

yfin
21-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Before you blame Ozhonda - how about you check your user control panel "list subscriptions".

Remove the threads you have subscribed to.

Bludger
21-07-2007, 11:04 AM
There was no blaming, just merely stating OzHonda is starting to get gay.

Is there no way to subscribe to a thread without email notifications?

yfin
21-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Well the tone of your post was one of blame - you were quick to assume there was a problem with Ozhonda because "ozhonda is gay".

You set the notification options when you subscribe to a thread.

In the future perhaps be more thoughtful of your comments otherwise you might find no one is going to help you. A positive attitude goes a long way.

James The Wog
16-12-2007, 10:23 AM
you know when you reply to a thread it automaticully subscribes you to that thread, is ther any way to stop that coz im sick of every time i reply to a thread i have to go to list subscriptions and click no email notifacation

bennjamin
16-12-2007, 05:07 PM
you know when you reply to a thread it automaticully subscribes you to that thread, is ther any way to stop that coz im sick of every time i reply to a thread i have to go to list subscriptions and click no email notifacation

Easy.

Click here - User CP options (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions)

Then scroll down , and click " Messaging & Notification" - then to "Default Thread Subscription Mode
".
Click on the scroll down menu and enable " Do not subscribe".

Easy.

James The Wog
16-12-2007, 09:31 PM
^^^ cheers man thats gonna save me a lot of time :thumbsup::thumbsup:

oh a 1 rep point :thumbsup: