PDA

View Full Version : Creaking sound Civic GL

zx6r.j1
21-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Everytime I go over speed hump, the front of the car (Civic GLi Sedan) makes a creaking sound, not so much 'squeak'.

Initially I thought it was the stabiliser bar, but after taking it off and lube the mounts this morning it still happens.

Anyone has similiar occurence? Where should I look into first (yes all suspension bolts/nuts/balljoints are ok)

Thanks

shadou
21-07-2007, 04:39 PM
misread.

JDM_VTIR
23-07-2007, 11:41 AM
hey there i've got the same problem with my dc2 integra. it may be your shocks that are worn and need replacing or they may be leaking thus the squeaks. go get a 28 point check from pedders to get your entire undercar checked out for any other faults...$14. cheers.

ps. see a good post 1+ rep :)

SiReal
23-07-2007, 12:41 PM
blow shocks usually make squeeking sounds - like my dads corona. and it really soft and mushy and doesnt handle all that well.

might also mean ur bushings are shot or need regreasing.

zx6r.j1
23-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks all.

I've done few tests by spraying all the joints/bushing with WD40 with no good result. I come to think now that it is a shockbreaker issue and ready to go to Pedders for the check.

I just hope the WD40 does not eat rubber :o

SiReal
23-07-2007, 02:18 PM
WD40 shouldnt eat rubber

Hahn
25-07-2007, 07:40 PM
in my civic gli it squeaks. but only in the rear right. i had the struts out when i put the new springs on them. and it only happens under pressure. any ideas there? thought i'd post here and not make a new thread.

SiReal
27-07-2007, 12:47 PM
are they lowered springs you put in? if so, stock shocks usually blow quite quickly as the inner valves, seals, etc arent designed to cope with lowered ride height.

AsH_
28-07-2007, 09:01 PM
i have a few squeaks in the rear right side...

i have adjustable coilovers... only started to happen this winter...

when the car is cold its noticable... after driving for a while it quietens...

and its not when i go over hard bumps... only while turning at a slow speed...

AsH_
19-08-2007, 01:01 AM
bump..

[JDM DC2]
24-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Once you get coilovers you start noticing lots of squeeks lol I have an annoying squeek in the rear right hand side. Basically your looking at one of 3 things.

Bushings
Shocks
Interior Plastic (im not sure if civics have same problem, but thats whats wrong with my dc2)

Maybe try spraying your bushings with WD40 or lubing them with a bit of rubber grease and then see if it still does it, if so then maybe its your shocks

zx6r.j1
25-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Update.

I washed my car with high compression water (normal car wash) pointed to the shocks and the creaking has since disappeared for a week now.

Not sure whether the suspension bushings, etc. were just dirty.

AsH_
28-08-2007, 11:18 PM
when i go over bumps my rear right side make like a loud squeeking sound...

sounds like loose metal squeeking... like theres a gap between something...

if lets say it is the shock... can it be fixed ???