PDA

View Full Version : New Civic 07 Car Alarm

match
21-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Hey guys i got a VTi but it hasnt got an alarm system so thinking of getting one soon. 2 questions:

1. Should i eturn to get a stock alarm system or get it from outside for a cheaper price?
2. if i get a stock system then would the alarm remote be incorporated into the existing key or would they give you another huge remote?

cheers

hormone
23-07-2007, 08:02 AM
i got the VTI and i got a system upgrade alarm from a third party (rhino brand). it was $450 fitted. it was hundreds cheaper than the honda one and it integrates the same - one original honda key for it all. i think its best this way.

wilzee
23-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I was actually thinking of getting an alarm aswell. What's good there guys? Can anyone give me prices as well??

hormone
23-07-2007, 11:53 AM
i got my alarm fitted by the people who fitted my car stereo. Freeway Car Audio in malvern VIC. Highly Recomended.

BTW - was quoted $650 from honda for this so to save $200 and get the same result is great in my book.

hormone
23-07-2007, 11:57 AM
sorry i made a mistake on the brand i have.

this is part of the email from the place that i got it done.
Yes we can do an “Upgrade” alarm to your vehicle that well operate off of your existing remotes. This will mean that you will have a fully equipped alarm that will be monitoring all your doors, boot and bonnet. As well as having a shock sensor and a back-up battery siren.

We do the Viper upgrade system at a price of $450 supplied and fitted.

kid_dynamite
23-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Mongoose also have upgrade alarms to work off the existing remotes. Around the same sorts of prices as quoted above.

huas111
24-07-2007, 12:59 AM
hi guys. so which one is good Mongoose or Viper upgrade system ? where can i get it ?? Thanks

match
24-07-2007, 11:05 AM
you guys reckon those ones from strathfield are worth installing? you know those 2 way alarm or wateva they call them. i just want it to install on my existing remote.