PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lights Won't Turn Off!!

rhysporter
22-07-2007, 04:52 PM
I fixed all my other electrical problems in my Eg, headlights, rear indicators etc all work...

But my brake lights are ALWAYS ON, no matter if the car is turned off keys are out etc... They just stay on, ive dissconnected the handbrake and brake pedal switches, connected them again, all trying to get it to turn off, but the only way i can do it now is to unplug the lights :(
Ive checked all fuses, they all look fine, i replaced them anyway and still same problem. All grounds are connected... no loose wires anywhere.

My speedo lights arent working either, but i found a blown bulb, i suspect its that causing a short in the dash light system...

But what could be wrong with my brake lights!!!!!!!!!!! I get my license back this Tuesday and i'm gonna go insane if i cant drive my car...

destrukshn
22-07-2007, 04:55 PM
so when you disconnect the brake light switch, it still stays on?

rhysporter
22-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah :( Just spent a few hours out there trying to fix it and got nowhere... It still stays on no matter what i do

rhysporter
23-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Im getting desperate.... could i maybe re-wire the whole setup and just put a pressure switch at the top of the brake pedal? Then just run it from the battery to the switch, then back to the lights?

ECU-MAN
23-07-2007, 08:08 PM
pull the fuese for the brake lights.

helps find where the short may be ( if you have pulled the brake ligth switch connector and they still stay on )

Int3gra-T
23-07-2007, 08:24 PM
last time i had the same problem
just the auto electrician said the brake thingimajiggy had been broken,
just needed to be replaced it cost be next to nothing,
so go to your local auto electrician, so u dont have to disconnect your battery every time you stop driving..

genkimashi
23-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Do check the brake pedal..... there is a small plastic thing underneath there...it indicate whether the brake r step on or not.... when its broke... the brake light will just stay on all then time even not stepping on it.... happened to me b4.... when to the honda wreckers n got it for free..... hope it help...

Cheers
Zi

destrukshn
23-07-2007, 09:05 PM
yeah but his said his dicconnected it, when you disconnect it, it should turn off.
if it doesn't there's gotta be a short.

rhysporter
23-07-2007, 10:24 PM
I fixed it :)
There was a hole in the top of the brake pedal... i presume its meant to have a washer on it or bolt or something and its come off... Fixed it all :)
Ready for my license back at midnight tonight :D