PDA

View Full Version : Getting Body Panels Ready?

Petronas
22-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Well I bought a fender and a head light assembly (It's from a Prelude so it's one of those flip up lights) from a person on the PreludeAustralia forums and I'm pretty happy with them.

The thing is, while the panels are in good condition themselves (Structurally) the paint on them is not. Whoever owned the car previously totally rapped the panels with paint, primer and maybe even liquid paper.

What I want to know is what types of sand paper/equipment I would use to just get the panels looking decently clean before I hand them over to the body shop. If I give them the panels like they are now they might do a half arsed job with them seeing it seems like such a big job to clean them.

Drew
22-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Unless you are going to paint it yourself; leave all the prep. work to the panel beater...

Most would prefer do it themselves anyway...

They would use power tools for sanding so it only takes them a fraction of the time it would take you

Petronas
22-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Unless you are going to paint it yourself; leave all the prep. work to the panel beater...

Most would prefer do it themselves anyway...

They would use power tools for sanding so it only takes them a fraction of the time it would take you

Ahh k. Will do I guess.