PDA

View Full Version : any 1 know of any were to get these parts.

urtwhistle
16-07-2004, 09:46 PM
hey my car is getting fixed atm, the mechanic says my car is missing the main adjuster bolt and washer(1/4 inch thick 1) for the main tensioner for the timing belt. he says its close to the main spring.

my problem is that aparently there is no genuwine 1's in aus at the moment. and it will take 2 weeks to get 1 from japan. (im in perth)

any 1 in those nice eastern states willing to take a look around and find me 1, u might even know were there is a spare 1 sitting on an engine. then mail it to me.

my car is a 92 accord with a f22 a9

i would pay for wat ever it costed.

cheers
chris

ECU-MAN
16-07-2004, 11:18 PM
sounds weird

did you drive your car in ???? maybe im not understanding what part is missing, is he saying the bolt that goes through the tentioners, if so htere is no washer on it. if it was missing then the car wouldnt start, as the timming betl would fall off as well as the balance shaft belt.

I recont he is taking about the lock bolt for the timming belt tensioner. there isnt ment to be a bolt in there, the tentioner pully has a peice of metal to its left with a slot in it. behind it on the block is a hole with a thread in it. the Idea is you tention the timming betl, put a bolt in there so when you loosen the tentioner to tention the balance belt your timming belt wont come loose. then you remove your bolt again. I could be wrong but it sounds like that to me. if you drove your car in you should be able to drive it out.

urtwhistle
16-07-2004, 11:40 PM
well im kinda drunk atm,

i think he might mean the nut and the washer
i dont know

urtwhistle
18-07-2004, 03:26 PM
ok how ya doing pplz.

i actualy went down to the car place and had a look at what is missing. it is a bolt that goes in to the block that locks the tensioner to wat ever u adjust it too.the tensioner is all there but the bolt and washer aint. we were going to get a bolt and washer machined up but we simply dont know wat thinckness or size of the bolt is. it looks about 6-8mm and its metric. the washer should be about 1/4 inch think.

i hope this helps with my description. are there any ppl on OH that work at honda wreckers?

cheers
chris

ECU-MAN
18-07-2004, 11:22 PM
as long as you have the main bolt that goes through BOTH tentioners with a 14mm head on it you do not need the bolt to lock on the left hand side a s I described above. no other accord will have this either. its not ment to be there. was your car driven in to the workshop ????

urtwhistle
19-07-2004, 04:52 PM
well i would have driven it in if i didnt root the coil up

ECU-MAN
19-07-2004, 07:43 PM
http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/pics/f22-timming.JPG

im talking about the part in the red circle. what part are your talking about.

urtwhistle
19-07-2004, 08:00 PM
yeah thats the 1

yeah the guy reckons there is a bolt missing from there or soming.

were did u get that nice pdf from?

urtwhistle
19-07-2004, 08:06 PM
ok i see took me second tooo think soo wat i need is a 6mm bolt and a washer or a couple of thin 1's doubled up

ECU-MAN
19-07-2004, 08:40 PM
you do not need to leave a bolt there. I only ever put one in there when I have to tention the balance shaft belt. I use a bolt from the earth strap I temparyly took off to get the engine mount off. then when everything is all done I take the bolt out and put the covers back on.

I dont like leaving the bolt there either. if it comes loose youll be changing more than a timming belt ....

urtwhistle
19-07-2004, 11:05 PM
hey i was wondering what u ment by

I dont like leaving the bolt there either. if it comes loose youll be changing more than a timming belt ....

what is likely to happen in your opinion.

ECU-MAN
19-07-2004, 11:08 PM
if that bolt vibrates loose ( may or may not ) and it falls and lands between the timming belt and the crank pully, the timming belt could snap, thus valves meet the Pistons. big bang for your bucks. you will then be looking at head removal etc. I do not know if these engines are free running. eg valves will not hit pistons. just not worth it.

h22a accord
20-07-2004, 07:36 AM
f22's are not free spinning, if ya timing belt breaks its time for a h22a as unless ya gonna turbo ya f22b i thinks they are not worth fixing when a h22a conversion is a fairly easy swap.

urtwhistle
20-07-2004, 06:06 PM
yeah thats just what i found out.

on a side note when i was at the Honda wreckers in perth today i got talking to the guy and he said he had a h22a front cut with an auto ecu for $2250
if only i had 2k to spend
i think next time i will buy somthing like a h22 or something along those lines