PDA

View Full Version : Oil Feed line & Water Lines

tekung89
22-07-2007, 10:25 PM
have been doin some long time reading on D-series forced induction and i cant seem to find much information on these lines.
i know that the oil return lines goes into the high part of the deepest section on the oil pan but where do the return oil come from? apparently its at the back on the engine block but i have no clue where it is. if anyone has pictures i'd much appreciate it :)
also water return lines. this can be used by using the T split hosing thing to tap the water line that runs in and out of the engine , but i have no idea where its located. i've read that its near the intake manifold somewhere?
much appreciated if someone could help me with some pictures :thumbsup:

DLO01
23-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Oil Lines:

Oil feed to turbo:

Best was is to get a 'sandwich plate' with outlets to sit under your Oil filter. You can use one of these outlets to run a line to your turbo as your feed. You can run oil feed from the back of the block, but this is not advisable as it takes supply away from the bottom end.

Oil drain from turbo:

Run your drain line from the bottom of your turbo to your sump. Make your sump fitting as high as possible. Your drain line 'must' maintain a constant downfall in to your sump.

Water lines:

Your Throttle Body has coolant running through it. This is used in cold places where it stops the butterfly from sticking (freezing). You live in Brisbane so you don't need this water running through your TB. You need to disconnect these lines. Then you can run both your water lines to the turbo.

:thumbsup:

Aza
23-07-2007, 07:42 AM
check out turbod16.com and search for this, lots and lots of info on it there

tekung89
23-07-2007, 09:21 AM
cheers .. yeh i'v been doin my homework for the past couple of months now :) on turbod16,honda-tech, d-series etc :) jus couldnt find the information. thanks for the help

Aza
23-07-2007, 09:47 AM
yea honestly SHIT load on turbod16, i came accross alot of threads on this!