PDA

View Full Version : Waiting lists for Type R

Erk
23-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Hey hey guys,

i'm looking to get a Type R soon-ish and i was just wondering if anyone knows what the waiting lists are like at the moment.

Just don't wanna get suckered by the dealer i'm gonna goto ;)

Cheers!
:cool:
Erk

Chris_typer
23-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Well I bought one yesterday and that was from car dealer ship in Sydney which is one of the largest and they were only allocated 3 so far, now only 2 seeing as I bought one. If your planning on getting one this year, I would most probably go an see a dealer asap as the current stock is getting sucked up quite quickly and from recent articles Australia is only getting allocated 600 this year.

bangers178
23-07-2007, 08:03 PM
i don't think there will be one, as they are not selling well. was told by the manager at FernTree Gully Honda.

shinji112
24-07-2007, 08:13 AM
really? i read that australia is gettin 1200 for the period of a year.. so 100 cars per month?

Rodney
24-07-2007, 08:47 AM
same thing 100 per month or 600 this year.. they start selling on june and we only have 5 more month..

Rodney
24-07-2007, 08:48 AM
my bad.. they start on july not june..

denot
24-07-2007, 01:51 PM
i don't think there will be one, as they are not selling well. was told by the manager at FernTree Gully Honda.

hmmm... a friend of mine who works @ the dealer (and no he's not saying this for promotion since he highly unrecommend the ctr to me) sed that the CTR are selling very good... (better than the sports). Oh well diferent dealer and different states can be the issue here... ^_^

Rodney
24-07-2007, 02:39 PM
hey buddy.. can you pm me the reason why your mate is unrrecomending you the CTR?

denot
24-07-2007, 02:44 PM
no need to pm you... no bad reason regarding the car... it just that he knows that I just bought the sports... and I'm saving up for my wedding, so he so unrecommend me to trade in my sports for the CTR :p

moons
24-07-2007, 05:44 PM

This is the result of the FTG dealer refusing to allow people to put on a demo car.. I went down to take a look and LMAO when they said I had to put a deposit down before I could test drive one.

Laughed about half way to the next dealer. :D

yesiamaturk
24-07-2007, 05:56 PM
are you serious thats pretty bad, ahahaha i hate dealers with no idea

Chris_typer
24-07-2007, 05:59 PM
put a deposit down before I could test drive one.

Laughed about half way to the next dealer. :D

That is quite sad..when I went to my dealer they offered a test drive straight up, dont know what the issue was there.

moons
24-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah, the next dealer had zero problems with a test drive. Wonder where I'm going to go when I buy one? :)

That is quite sad..when I went to my dealer they offered a test drive straight up, dont know what the issue was there.

abzndintegra
25-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Id probably recommend Larke Hoskins at Roseberry, thats where i bought it from, go see Steve Couri, he was awesome to deal with, i wasnt even that keeen on test drive he insisted! really good to deal with

Tell him Abz recommended you ...

moons
25-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Id probably recommend Larke Hoskins at Roseberry, thats where i bought it from...

Thanks, but may prove to be a bit far. :D Melbourne here.

Called FTG Ferrari just for fun today - still no test car. :angel:

UNLS1
25-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I have a demo to drive, it goes out a bit, as long as the driver isnt silly driving at stupid speeds! I dont want to die or have an accident in the work place lol

moons
25-07-2007, 05:18 PM
I have a demo to drive, it goes out a bit, as long as the driver isnt silly driving at stupid speeds! I dont want to die or have an accident in the work place lol

Went for a spin in the Type-R and was generally impressed. It would be great around Healsville but still a little unsure of how good it would be to live with in every day traffic.

As a contrast we then went to a local Citroen dealer as the other half is also looking for wheels and likes the look of the C4. Salesman got the keys and told us to go and take it for a spin.. without him! :thumbsup:

PaZzMaN-R
25-07-2007, 06:13 PM
from what i have heard they selling alright. nothing amazing. probably due to the no discount thingo atm. went for a spin in one and was plesantly surprised. suspention was firm but very nice! most probably wont like it. sounds was fantastic awesome engine note and no road noise. found it a bit slow compared to my dc2r. interior blew me away, absolutely awesome! exterior is still shocking IMO.

i wish we got the real CTR:(

UNLS1
25-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Went for a spin in the Type-R and was generally impressed. It would be great around Healsville but still a little unsure of how good it would be to live with in every day traffic.

As a contrast we then went to a local Citroen dealer as the other half is also looking for wheels and likes the look of the C4. Salesman got the keys and told us to go and take it for a spin.. without him! :thumbsup:

lol they do that coz they dont have many test drives lol
or customers for that matter!
a mate of mine sells them too, lol used to work with me then went downhill after that!

Chris_typer
30-07-2007, 09:48 PM

Yes the citroen C4's are quite nice cars, my brother actually bought one two weeks after they came out. He has generally been happy with it, even after this long he is still happy with his car and currently inquiring about getting larger wheels. Although he is quite jealous of my car at the moment as it is considerably faster even though the C4 does have a high-reving motor with quite a bit of grunt aswell.

On the concept that the C4's don't sell well might be because at the price of the car, its not really that fast so people have to way up either buying a GTI or Mazda 3 MPS, I personally love my new civic over any of them simply for the fact that its a new model with lots of features and is very quick, whereas the MPS although is quick, is tacky on the inside and the GTI is an old model.

moons
31-07-2007, 02:19 PM
lol they do that coz they dont have many test drives lol
or customers for that matter!
a mate of mine sells them too, lol used to work with me then went downhill after that!

Uh-huh.