PDA

View Full Version : EK Civic Parcel Shelf Reduce Noise

ozatomic
24-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey i've just finished updating my sound and now that i have there are a lot more noise/rattles coming from the back of the car. I need some guidence to what would be the best and easyiest way to reduce this if anyone has done that to there car.

kerim
24-07-2007, 11:17 AM
i would also like to know, the shelf just doesnt stop rattling, was thinking of just putting some screws in, but is there another way besides making extra holes in it

mrwillz
24-07-2007, 11:40 AM
it wudnt b the shelf
rather the boot lids the interior bit to that and the no. plate holder surrounding is wot i've found that rattles the most

ozatomic
24-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Arh ok,

What are things that people have used to stop

1. number plat rattles?

2. Boot lid rattles?

kerim
24-07-2007, 11:47 AM
it wudnt b the shelf
rather the boot lids the interior bit to that and the no. plate holder surrounding is wot i've found that rattles the most

yeah boot/ number plate rattle is a problem in most if not all cars, but like when you just have speakers and no sub, the rear parcel shelf just vibrates, doesnt affect the boot/ number plate

What kinda setup do you have ozatomic, subs, speakers?

ozatomic
24-07-2007, 01:08 PM
yeah boot/ number plate rattle is a problem in most if not all cars, but like when you just have speakers and no sub, the rear parcel shelf just vibrates, doesnt affect the boot/ number plate

What kinda setup do you have ozatomic, subs, speakers?

At the moment i have
2 x Soundstream 12" subs
1 x Soundstream 4x140Wrms Amp
1 x Rockford Fosgate Mono 400Wrms Amp

and 6x9 in the parcel shelf and have some Rockford fosgate componates in my room which are waiting to be installed :(

Drew
24-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Try getting some sound deaning Dynamat make a whole lot of sound deadening for nearly all applications

kerim
24-07-2007, 01:13 PM
then your main problem would be the boot and number plate+holder as mrwillz said,
but then again you can still hear the parcel shelf rattle/squeak

-[NoS]-
24-07-2007, 04:44 PM
where do we get Dynamat from??????

mrwillz
24-07-2007, 05:43 PM
^ any good audio places sonny gym

honda_ek4
24-07-2007, 05:54 PM
my one use to rattle most in:
number plate and number plate holder
spoiler

however i only worked out how to reduce the rattles on the numberplate and number plate holders, by using some foam and putting it behind the number plate behind the number plate holder.
worked for me when i had the big number plates but once i got the slim ones they kept falling out.

zeus_civic
24-07-2007, 07:51 PM
For number plate i used double sided foam tape behind the number plate. Normally a few layers at the edge and the center of the plate should be fine.

My boot doesn't rattle at all, most rattles are from parcel shelf now that i fixed the number plate. Using dynamat should get rid of the problem.

Dy_
25-07-2007, 02:21 AM
i use abit of blue tac!!..just so the numberplate part doesnt rattle. reduces the noise heaps .

shinji112
25-07-2007, 02:18 PM
for my ej8's rear parcel shelf i stuck some rags inbetween it so that it stops the vibrations.. worked a treat

Dy_
25-07-2007, 02:20 PM
for my ej8's rear parcel shelf i stuck some rags inbetween it so that it stops the vibrations.. worked a treat

wheres the rear parcel shelf?

xedent
25-07-2007, 06:01 PM

Where your 6x9's are :P

shinji112
26-07-2007, 09:38 AM

well not parcel shelf .. but that cover over the rear speakers.. was a bitch to get them out to install the 6x9s

Dy_
26-07-2007, 12:19 PM
well not parcel shelf .. but that cover over the rear speakers.. was a bitch to get them out to install the 6x9s

yeah man...biggest bitch! lol

kingkongw24
01-08-2007, 09:21 PM
man when i first got my car getting new 6x9 was the first thing i did, i just riped the whole part off lol, then after getting the manual to find out how to actually take it out i was like *** lol.

gotta take all the side rear seats and side pannals then the shelf thingo far out!!
man my spoiler rattles too any idea what i can do. i haven't unscrewed it yet to have a look at what the spoiler looks like and if any bits i can tack or glue or what ever.

Ohh i also broke like almost all thos white clips thingos, any idea where to get replacements, broke like all my door ones and stuff too lol

DC5TYPER
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Try getting some sound deaning Dynamat make a whole lot of sound deadening for nearly all applications

Correct. DO IT PROPERLY and use sound deadening.

Dynamat - Autobarn
Stinger Road Kill - JB hifi

Both excellent and JB hifi should be able to do a good price for a boot kit. Round $250 gets you a crap load of sound deadening.

Also from experience sound deadening improves the overall sound by alot. More rattles and vibrations you reduce the better the Sound quality increases. You'll be amazed of the difference.

Hope this helps

steve88
06-08-2007, 11:31 PM
my EK rear number plate used too rattle, stuck a peice of toilet paper cardboard under it folded it stopped, but the parcel tray keeps falling off its stand. prob cause i dont slow down at speed humps though

mugeneration
06-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Tip from the ghetto mate: use blutac. Put a big glob in there and squeeze it in. That should solve your parcel shelf and numberplate rattling. To stop your boot rattling you'd need sound deadening, which is the best way to do anything, but is a bit pricey.

TheGoodDeal
15-08-2007, 12:08 AM
My number place used to rattle too because it come with the number plate protector it did not fit into the two bottoms clips. So I took the protector out trim off some foam on the protector make it thiner. Unscrew the number plate, put it inside the two bottoms clips, screw it back on, then try to squeez the protector inside the two bottoms clips too. Result, perfectly tight fit.

Dy_
15-08-2007, 10:22 AM
lol yeah bluetac FTW!

andiiso
16-08-2007, 12:43 AM
anyone know of and also can help with my sunroof rattling when it is open ? or even sometimes lil rattle when closed ? and no rattle when its tilted, its a Civic VtiR EK4. thanks guys

misteR_bilzz
16-08-2007, 02:22 PM
theres a thread in the prelude section about sunroof rattle ur car isnt a prelude but the concepts the same its worth checkin out and probably been covered.

andiiso
16-08-2007, 11:59 PM
thanks man