PDA

View Full Version : What wheels to stay out of?

jjj23
24-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I was looking around for wheels one day and a sales told me to stay away from Ozzytyres and tempe tyres. Are they that bad???

SiReal
24-07-2007, 02:02 PM
he just wants your business. there is nothign wrong with ozzy and tempe. they do cheap wheel and tyre combos. just dont buy cheap tyres, cos thats all they seem to sell.

SPEEDCORE
24-07-2007, 02:07 PM
I got a real problem with companies that say....

"Yeah we can change the style of valve your old skool jap wheels use. No problem bro"

Screw my wheel up, try to Al weld up the mistake they have made, throw my 2000 km GIII out and don't give me a replacement, refuse to show me the damage on the old one, then have just siliconed a 2nd hand valve in (went flat < 6 hours after when I got a tyre on it the next day) and try to charge me $30 over the original quote cause they polished the lip a bit (which I have not asked for).

So yeah..... they are freakin TOPS!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

aaronng
24-07-2007, 02:11 PM
There will always be good and dodgy places. I prefer my local Tyrepower.

TheSaint
24-07-2007, 11:47 PM
guys at my local bridgestone tried to tell me that rays engineering and volk racing wheels were cheap japanese crap

thumbs up dickhead

im so going to tyrepower next time

AsH_
25-07-2007, 05:26 PM
guys at my local bridgestone tried to tell me that rays engineering and volk racing wheels were cheap japanese crap

thumbs up dickhead

im so going to tyrepower next time

yeh im sure work wheels are shit to them too...

JasonGilholme
25-07-2007, 05:33 PM
haha they must know the cost price on those wheels then....

e240
25-07-2007, 05:37 PM

Not many people in AU are cluey about whats out there in the great big world.
I once had someone call my HKS Hipermax Pro coilovers cheap Taiwanese stuff because they've never heard of the brand. :cool:

Frogs in a well I tells ya

jjj23
25-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the replies guys